I've seen it all now!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I had the Gems TV website up on my laptop while switching between other sites and I cannot believe what I saw :Shock:

A game with 25 Rose de France yellow gold rings - price went down to £89 and guess how many they sold? Absolutely NONE!!!!! The game timed out with 25 remaining! How does that look to new viewers?

I had Gems on as I have been looking for a Rubellite ring and there is a special on tonight. Well all I can say is they are having a laugh - the prices are extortionate compared with only 6-8 weeks ago when I saw a couple I quite liked which were around 2 carats and at a price of £89ish. Tonight they were asking over a £100 for 1 carat! To make it even worse it was my "favourite" presenter - "emm" "emm" slurp "breathtaking" slurp "emm" "look at that" slurp "look at that" "emm emm" slurp "look at that" "look at that" slurp arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :Angry3:

Oh how sad to see how this channel has gone downhill. Half the items don't sell now. I really hope they don't keep this up or I would only give them to the end of the year before it's time to say goodbye!

ps Madam has just said "Every facet radiates a sense of seduction" WTF????

They do seem to be going down in peoples estimations Klos, not bought anything from them since the timed actions as it is so much pricier now.:(

you're right Klosblue it doesn't look good to any new customers that things aren't selling, presenters keep saying how good the prices are and can't understand why certain items aren't selling - anything to do with the price???? us buyers from the good old days can remember how good prices were.

Glad you have had chance to watch your fav presenter though klosblue (heehee);)

Unfortunately Klos, I've also seen games where absolutely none have sold. I don't really want to pick on any particular presenters, but I must be getting really grumpy in my old age, because there are a few who I just won't watch. It didn't particularly bother me that much in the past, I'd just mute the sound, now I just switch over. Gems do seem to have lost their way recently, and I can only hope they start taking notice of their former customer's comments and get back on track. It would be a real shame if they closed down, because we've all had some fabulous pieces from them in the past, pieces and prices we would not have got anywhere else. Come on Gems, get with it again, revert to your former format, it was tried and tested and we all liked it. Tell some of the presenters not to be quite so exuberant (= talk drivel) and bring the fun back!!!!

I had the Gems TV website up on my laptop while switching between other sites and I cannot believe what I saw :Shock:

A game with 25 Rose de France yellow gold rings - price went down to £89 and guess how many they sold? Absolutely NONE!!!!! The game timed out with 25 remaining! How does that look to new viewers?

I had Gems on as I have been looking for a Rubellite ring and there is a special on tonight. Well all I can say is they are having a laugh - the prices are extortionate compared with only 6-8 weeks ago when I saw a couple I quite liked which were around 2 carats and at a price of £89ish. Tonight they were asking over a £100 for 1 carat! To make it even worse it was my "favourite" presenter - "emm" "emm" slurp "breathtaking" slurp "emm" "look at that" slurp "look at that" "emm emm" slurp "look at that" "look at that" slurp arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :Angry3:

Oh how sad to see how this channel has gone downhill. Half the items don't sell now. I really hope they don't keep this up or I would only give them to the end of the year before it's time to say goodbye!

ps Madam has just said "Every facet radiates a sense of seduction" WTF????

Is she by any chance related to Jill "Molton Brown" Goldsmith? :D

I agree with you Klos. And as a further point, is it not misleading when no items sell, for them still at the end of the game to put on "Snatched! Everybody snatched at £....."? No, nobody snatched anything and it's giving a false impression that items have been sold, especially when the presenter also says 'Well done'!

Yes I've noticed that as well Jacqualina! I really think they're sailing very close to the wind these days and wouldn't be at all surprised if complaints go into the ASA. The way they don't drop the price until the clock's been going for about 2 minutes means in reality they are rushing people into making a purchase giving them only around 60 seconds to decide! The ASA don't like this!!

I have seen them drop the price for a second time eg £256-£89-£54 when there is 20 seconds on the clock or even when there is 12-10 seconds. I mean who has time to dial and press 1 when its like that.:mad:

I am not happy.

I have seen them drop the price for a second time eg £256-£89-£54 when there is 20 seconds on the clock or even when there is 12-10 seconds. I mean who has time to dial and press 1 when its like that.:mad:

I am not happy.

I think the only reason they do that is 'cos people are hanging on the phone already and it's a last ditch effort to get them to press 1. They actually say as much when telling us that Kim, Flick and Harriet are all on the line and are screaming for them to buy!!!

You only need a few seconds to snatch on the web too................ :eek:

All this makes sense of course, but soooooo often there's still no-one taking the bait.

As for the 'everyone paid.......' Don't TJC do that on timed out 'games' too?

No, Lynda - tjc have different graphics when nothing has been sold (something about also being able to buy online). Gems have got to get this sorted because it is dishonest or, if you want to be kind, at the very least misleading.

I caught an auction last night where nothing sold.
The blond Scots girl was doing it and looked really embarrassed. And then the big sign flashed up Everyone Snatched at £54. I thought no they didn't, it never sold any.

No, Lynda - tjc have different graphics when nothing has been sold (something about also being able to buy online). Gems have got to get this sorted because it is dishonest or, if you want to be kind, at the very least misleading.

Oops I'm wrong again :eek: It's not the first time and I doubt it'll be the last :rolleyes:

I could have sworn they did, but TBH it was a long time ago I managed to watch - way before they got their online sales act together - as I don't get it on Virgin :(. Apart from a few hours in the morning on a channel 5 spinoff and I'm a late night stalker ;).

I've seen a few games where none have sold - I thought the same, It really doesn't look good at all.

I've been away for a couple of weeks - only managed to log on here once during that time and have seen no tv at all - have the games changed? :eek: Can't watch at the moment otherwise I'd check it out. (why don't they just pretend that they've sold some - I always thought that's what they did anyway ;))

Latest posts

Back