Rising Auction - Bid Price?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it's people stupidly messing about, I expect they think it's funny but they've messed up two items that I was bidding on, but the laugh will be on them as TJC know who they are and will just block them being able to bid on the web!

Am I imagining posts, or is nobody bothering to read PearlyQueen's post. :wonder: xxxxx

Argeybargey

I have no doubt that Pearlyqueens bid was an error but all three silly amounts that Phil referred to were from the same person, you could excuse one or even two but three errors smacks of mischief to me !

Hi am a newby to this forum and was wondering if anybody has won on the falling auctions. i have placed a few bids and when auction has closed mine has been the highest bid but still not won it.
Wondered if that has happened to anyone else

Hi Supergran

Yes I've been the highest bidder on an item and haven't had the notification of being the winner although strangely I did get an email saying I hadn't been successful on one of the items I'd bid on !

I too have been the highest bidder. However, tucked away in the TJC terms and conditions of Rising Auctions is this sentence:

"A reserve price is set on each of the items and if that reserve price is not met by the highest bid, the stock item will not be sold."

Last edited:
I too have been the highest bidder. However, tucked away in the TJC terms and conditions of Rising Auctions is this sentence:

"A reserve price is set on each of the items and if that reserve price is not met by the highest bid, the stock item will not be sold."

Now that's really interesting, I did bid on something else a few days ago and wondered why I hadn't won it - that would explain! I also find it a bit overly sneaky, as they claim on the front page "items from £1", seems misleading to me.
By the way, the cancellation on my win didn't get actioned - I've had a grand total of 8 emails asking me to pay for my purchase! When I phoned to ask about them, I was told that they couldn't cancel it, but it would expire naturally. I pointed out that since it was their glitch, they should note it as they say in their T&Cs that you can be blocked for not paying for purchases, she reckons it won't happen as they've had loads of problems with the new rising auctions...

In that case they should start the auctions at the reserve price, rather than waste customers' time and goodwill. xxxxx

Avid thanks for your post.
I read the terms and conditions but missed the bit that said about a reserve price on each of the items,surely then if they put a reserve on each item then it's not a true rising auction.

In that case they should start the auctions at the reserve price, rather than waste customers' time and goodwill. xxxxx

Avid thanks for your post.
I read the terms and conditions but missed the bit that said about a reserve price on each of the items,surely then if they put a reserve on each item then it's not a true rising auction.

I agree with all the comments here. They may as well sell at a fixed price... but then that would defeat the object of a rising auction which is to make as much money as possible on a single item.

Which ever way you look at it, it's a win-win outcome for TJC. :cash::cash::cash:

Seems like TJC has taken note of some of the comments on here. When you now bid on a rising auction an item pop up box informs you of whether or not you have met the reserve price.

Seems like TJC has taken note of some of the comments on here. When you now bid on a rising auction an item pop up box informs you of whether or not you have met the reserve price.

i noticed this, its a shame you can't get items for £2 though lol ;)

Well, I'm confused. The home page says Rising Auctions - no reserve price, buy for £1. You click the link and it takes you to the rising autions page. I clicked on an item and it told me that my bid had not met the reserve.

Seems to be ok now Concordia. Good to see that improvements have been made following the comments on here.

Personally speaking, I'm not inspired by the motley collection of items on offer - but for £1... I may have a punt ;)

Tried again and got an email sayiing my bid had been cancelled because it had not met the reserve price. ????

Latest posts

Back