Returns - what a mess

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Kitty

AKA Broomstick Babe
I am hopping mad. No need to tell you why if you read the notes from live chat below. Names have been changed.

Perhaps someone can tell me what the wink symbol means
;0)
as I don't find ANY of this funny.

Please wait, a member of the Rocks.tv Help Team will be with you soon...

You have been connected to Operator.

Operator: Hi Broomie! How may I help you?

Broomie: Can I please ask how far behind you are with returns? I sent some items back to Gems tv on 26th June and still have no credit on my card

Broomie: It was sent special delivery & arrived with you on Tues 29th June

Operator: We are up to the 7th July with Rocks

Broomie: But what about gems? I thought you were all working together?

Operator: Let me check

Operator: what is your postcode please

Broomie: AA1 1AA - that is the billing postcode

Operator: these have been refunded - £875.44

Broomie: When was this refunded please? and onto which card?

Operator: card ending 1234

Broomie: Sorry, and the date please?

Operator: It was done on 2/7 but because of merger it was only processed today ;0)

Broomie: OK - that explains it then.

Broomie: Thank you.

Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Sorry Miss Kitty, I've no idea what that symbol means, but would hope its some sort of apology...for your very long overdue refund. And hopefully someone from Gems/Rocks will see this thread and explain / apologise in person.
Good luck with your refund. :nod:

Thanks Sacha. I can appreciate they may not have been able to release the refund until 19th July but why didn't I know that was the case? There's a merger, two companies into one building, how do I know my £800 parcel has not been lost?

I know there are procedures with auditors etc but why not tell me the return had been received, the credit was £800 but the refund would not be on my card for another three weeks due to the merger process?

I'm sure a lot of people have experienced the same issue - all because Gems can't be bothered to explain what is going on.

I rang Tuesday Rocks and was told they were up to July 2nd,mine was returned July 3rd.I personally am sick and tired of waiting 3 weeks for a refund and so won't be buying again.

I'm not strong enough to say I won't buy any more, but I won't be buying any more until my refund is paid. I very rarely return items, but when I do I find it a total pain in the butt. They need to stop encouraging folk to "get it home and have a look" if they can't cope with the returns. I know that legally they are allowed 30 days, but if every company took this long to repay, internet/mail order shopping would be dead in the water by now.

Time to stop blaming the merger for everything, it was their choice to do this so customers shouldn't be paying for it. xxxxx

Latest posts

Back