5th Birthday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Phill

VIP Shopper since 2004
I would have thought by sit-up standards speed auction tv would be good by now.
There is nothing original about this channel,

launched as rising, soon turned to falling,
very low quantities,
graphics which are fuzzy at the bottom of the screen,
not so speedy auctions,
the clock ,
silly music,
£7.99 standard P&P (VAT going up in jan)
£1.50 call charge (VAT going up in jan)

Quote from sit-up website
'Formed in 2000 and based on the belief shopping should be fun, sit-up shopping engage and entertain while offering tremendous product quality and value for money.'

Shopping is not fun on any sit-up channel for reasons listed above,
Product quality? most items I see are cheap under £20 items,
Value for money? £7.99 + £1.50 before the cost of the item.

For price-drop.tv
'The revolutionary falling-price shopping channel - where the price drops until everything is sold.
ermm I think that existed 5 years ago, sit-up you really need to update your website.

For speed-auction.tv
'Is the world's fastest TV auction channel, with a new auction beginning every few minutes'
ermm I think that also existed 3 years ago

I don't know why I’m bothering to post this, but I still like sit-up, for actually creating falling and rising auctions on tv, but there is actually nothing original about these channels anymore, I only ever flick past. Gone were the days I used to watch presenters that I liked do a 3 hour shift and buy. Ever since the clock and silly music its just not worth it, let alone the price of the call and P&P.

I do wish sit-up would listen to us and go back to there routes, like gems tv.
But at the end of the day I guess the shareholders just want to massage there profits, and sit-up will never listen to us.

I would have thought by sit-up standards speed auction tv would be good by now.
There is nothing original about this channel,

launched as rising, soon turned to falling,
very low quantities,
graphics which are fuzzy at the bottom of the screen,
not so speedy auctions,
the clock ,
silly music,
£7.99 standard P&P (VAT going up in jan)
£1.50 call charge (VAT going up in jan)

Quote from sit-up website
'Formed in 2000 and based on the belief shopping should be fun, sit-up shopping engage and entertain while offering tremendous product quality and value for money.'

Shopping is not fun on any sit-up channel for reasons listed above,
Product quality? most items I see are cheap under £20 items,
Value for money? £7.99 + £1.50 before the cost of the item.

For price-drop.tv
'The revolutionary falling-price shopping channel - where the price drops until everything is sold.
ermm I think that existed 5 years ago, sit-up you really need to update your website.

For speed-auction.tv
'Is the world's fastest TV auction channel, with a new auction beginning every few minutes'
ermm I think that also existed 3 years ago

I don't know why I’m bothering to post this, but I still like sit-up, for actually creating falling and rising auctions on tv, but there is actually nothing original about these channels anymore, I only ever flick past. Gone were the days I used to watch presenters that I liked do a 3 hour shift and buy. Ever since the clock and silly music its just not worth it, let alone the price of the call and P&P.

I do wish sit-up would listen to us and go back to there routes, like gems tv.
But at the end of the day I guess the shareholders just want to massage there profits, and sit-up will never listen to us.

Well, I didnt like it either when they introduced the clock, as they say its the lowest price they can do, but i they didnt have a clock, it would go lower! But there are items now which just dont sell, and if the clock wasnt introduced, they would be in BIG trouble! For Example.... A few weeks ago they had something starting at £100 and they had 250 of them. It got to £14.99 and none sold, so if there was no clock, Im sure it would have went to £4.99 or something which wouldnt be good for the company, but would be great for us.

Also it isnt really a falling price channel, as they can pre- determine the prices just by sticking their clock in when they feel like it! :p

BUT on the otherhand, with their P&P charges, this MIGHT change in the near future.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Somebody asked Paul Becque on his Facebook if the combine P&P, and this is what he said.;

'Hi Rob... we don't combine P&P... but that is an issue under discussion at the moment... you MIGHT (no promises) see P&P change later in the year, and a "shopping basket" to combine P&P is also under discussion... but only discussion at the moment... we are listening to our customers and trying to be even better. '

SO IT ISNT DEFINATE BUT IT IS UNDER DISCUSSION.

I will love it if they do a shopping basket or something, as then if you buy one thing and you only have to pay 1 P&P, the second and third and fourth items will be good deals!!

^^^^^^
[as some things go for £1, and they would be really good value for money if it was £1 but not after the P&P] but if you bought something earlier, it could REALLY be only £1!!

As for the megadrops, I love them as Ive got some good buys, but if they want it to be a present, and get something for nothing they should give you free P&P on them!

Just a thought! Rant over!!! :D

I agree with you Ben.

The 'shopping basket' concept is a good idea. Amazon.com do it and they even have a P&P where you pay something like £49.99 a year to get free postage for all the goods you buy that qualifies.

Having such high P&P at present must preclude many people from buying. This does need to be reformed.

Latest posts

Back