Poor Service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Phill

VIP Shopper since 2004
After ordering 2 charms from the personal shopper for my sisters 21st, 9 days later they arrive. One of the gift boxes was damaged, you know when something heavy has been pushed on it, and the lid is half inside the box. 1 of the charms had no security tag and the other charm had no authenticity card. So I rang customer service and after waiting on the phone for over 20 minutes trying to get through, the lady informed me that the jewellery channel no longer send out authenticity cards as of may. Fair enough but when your giving a present and one charm has a card and the other doesn't and 1 has a security tag and the other doesn't its not very professional. She did make a record on my account in case I wanted to return the item that did not have a tag.

I'm not very impressed with the jewellery channel.

This issue with the authenticity cards is really annoying me atm. I purchased a very expensive CE ring which arrived without said card so I phoned CS (almost 2 weeks ago) and was told the same story, but was promised one would be sent. NADA!!! :angry: I've overlooked items being sent in wrong boxes (e.g. Rhapsody ring in Iliana box) but this lack of attention to detail is starting to look slapdash and that TJC just can't be bothered to get it right first time which is the mantra of good business practice.

This issue with the authenticity cards is really annoying me atm. I purchased a very expensive CE ring which arrived without said card so I phoned CS (almost 2 weeks ago) and was told the same story, but was promised one would be sent. NADA!!! :angry: I've overlooked items being sent in wrong boxes (e.g. Rhapsody ring in Iliana box) but this lack of attention to detail is starting to look slapdash and that TJC just can't be bothered to get it right first time which is the mantra of good business practice.

I know, I never had these problems from the jewellery channel before. I've also received the wrong boxes, a bracelet box for a necklace, and an earring box for a ring.
But I would have thought someone in the warehouse would be checking for things like this before the items are sent out, its the attention to detail, and the very slow deliveries that are starting to bug me. I thought deliveries used to be 3 to 4 working days, I never hear them say how long its going to be now.

I remember ordering things in the past on under £50 days and they took 2 days to arrive, and I got an authenticity card and the correct box with everything. But I’m very disappointed with not having the cards, when you give jewellery as a present, you need the cards to give with the present, so people know the gemstone and ct weight, its no use just being on your invoice.

That is very disappointing if they have stopped sending out authenticity cards!!! Surely it doesn't take that much time or cost to send you one with each item!!

Thats very true Sue, sending Rhapsody in Iliana has become their normal practice. It doesn't really matter so much in what box they are but they should be sending the authenticity cards.
I received iliana Colombian emerald earrrings and the quality of emeralds was so poor. Its three items recently that the quality didnt seem right. I am not planning to buy anymore from TJC in near future for myself.

I'm not too bothered about the boxes either GL but I do get bothered by poor CS as I worked in that field for many years and always tried to do the best possible for the customer, it's the way it was back in the day.

Hi all

I am very disappointed with TJC withdrawing authenticity cards. I thought that they only sent them out with Iliana and Rhapsody as my most recent purchase a peridot bracelet turn up in a box without the card.

I think that devaluing a service that is a cornerstone of selling jewellery on tv is very short-sighted. TJC are selling items that run into many thousands of pounds. If all you have as reference after purchasing a high end piece of Iliana or Rhapsody is a tatty bit of paper with a little picture. It's just not good and smacks of clumsy costs cutting.

Perhaps TJC could consider offering the same authenticity service as R&C with the ability of printing a copy of the details from the website

Sapphireblue

Come on TJC, it is a piece of card with minimal print on it and yet it means so much to your customers. As Sapphireblue said how about allowing us to print them from your site, or (and what do you good ST members think of this) if it is costing you, how about charging in optional 50p-£1 to get the service?

PJ

Just would like to add that GemsTV are no longer sending out authenticity cards either with recent orders.
Not sure why as the old Gems stock will already have printed cards, I believe. I have requested some for a
recent order, but inspite of assurances am still waiting......:sad: I think they are a neat visual record of purchases
and should be provided with each piece. :nod:

Oooh! .... post 1000

Last edited:
I've just had a reply about my missing authenticity card. Apparently they are going to "print one off" :eek: So presumably I will get a scrappy piece of paper instead of the classy looking hard card in the plastic cover?? God how cheap and tacky will that look?? :rolleyes: I'm really disappointed with the path TJC are taking, we're being force fed unders days 3 or 4 times a week (just how much bargain basement stuff are they churning out!!?? :rolleyes:) and now this. :mysmilie_10:

Congrats on being 1000 Sacha!

I'm slightly bemused and confusticated by this thread ..... ok, TJC have never really mastered the right box for the product/line but what's going on with authenticity cards? I think I've been exceptionally lucky as all of mine have arrived with one but I really don't agree if TJC are thinking of scrapping them (or GemsTV for that matter). These act as an invaluable source of "evidence" of locality, size, total carat weight etc and are extremely important. I don't want a scrappy piece of paper printed off from the internet (otherwise the invoice would almost be sufficient). If I'm paying (especially) Iliana or Rhapsody prices then for goodness sake, chucking in an authenticity card should be expected!

All is well Meesh, just got email clarification:

When I say printed off I mean using our inhouse authenticity card printer. You will get the card in the plastic sleeve. Apologies for the confusion

Great news Sue!

Just a little thread hijack .......... are you keeping your gorgeous, lushous, sumptious, stunning Emerald?

Latest posts

Back