argh ! i have really had enough now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

marielmc

Registered Shopper
i havent been a customer for long but i have bought over 100 pieces from rocks and I am really disappointed and fed up with this company. I have had 4 rings where the stone has fallen out within a week ! my last delivery arrived with 2 items that had big chips in the stones and one charm that was completley snapped in two !
I emailed Jainey who said there had been quality control issues , your not kidding !!!

Last night I decided I would buy some more but I would stick with the old gems stock , hoping that they would be better quality. I successfuly bid on a 14k green am ring for £19 - Bargain ! when I went to check out the ring wasnt in my basket but my name was on list of web bidders !
Just been into live help to be advised the ring i bid on is out of stock ! so where is the one I bid on ? sorry for the rant but i am so mad with this company at the moment . I know alot of ppl have had the same happen with the stones in rings but i just needed to rant .

xx

Hello and :mysmilie_357: to the forum Marielmc. Its very frustrating when gemstones fall out and you loose the item you think you have won!! Rant away. Hope they replaced your items or refunded them with a little something to say sorry for the inconvience, specially if they knew they had quailty control issues!!

Another question is why send items out if there are know QC issues :thinking: They are going to loose so many customers if this carries on!!

Hi Marielmc,

Sorry to hear about the problems. I'm out of the office tomorrow, but if you email me your account details I'll get our IT team to look in to what happened to your bid.

Please also email me details of the rings where the stones have fallen out and I will have a look in to these.

My email is [email protected]

Kind regards

John Bennett

I have had the same problem when I have bid on something and then gone to check out and the item isn't in my basket. I think that people are phoning in at the same time and also allocated the same item (even though the screen is telling us all the items have been allocated). There must be a delay between the web and the call centre and so they actually allocate too many. As phone buyers check o ut on that day they get the item instead of the web bidders. That is my theory anyway, and I do think it needs looking into at some time.

The problem shouldn't be happening in the first place.

If there are known issues with QC then each and every piece should be inspected BEFORE being sent out and a post on st.com to say "email me and I'll look into it" might solve that particular customer's problems (and hopefully it will) but it doesn't help anybody else.

Unfortunately Coloured Rocks has grown - especially with the acquisition of GemsTV - incredibly quickly and things are going to slip. Of course there will be a transition phase where things can't keep up but in order to keep customers happy, known problems should be dealt with beforehand and NOT when they've got to the customers.

I know John works had to resolve problems (as do the rest of the team) but fire-fighting isn't the answer.

Being annoyed with Scott who I was watching earlier this morning, I switched off altogether for a while and then later came into Rocks on the website. Reading chat, what an appalling catalogue of broken and/or frayed bracelets, bent rings (this comes as no surprise given the shockingly low gold weights currently in use, and chipped/cracked or generally poor quality gemstones. Instead of becoming vexed by folk mentioning their veruccas, maybe Steve would be better worrying about his qc to avoid this type of chat. Far more offputting to potential customers and magazine writers. Perhaps Steve and Sarah should think about getting one project right, before moving on to the next (I gather he is currently working on separate channels for gem collectors and stone setting into ready-made settings to order). At this rate, instead of one really good business, there will be half a dozen poor ones.

xxxxxxxxx

Empire building needs exceptionally strong foundations. :thinking:

thank you for the warm welcome everyone, and to John for replying.
tbh i have had refunds for all the rings that were broken/faulty but as previous ppl have said this lack of qc should not be happening. I to have popped into chat this weekend and all I heard was stories of other customers with simaler problems. This company needs to concentrate on current problems b4 setting up new projects.

i saw an advert on rocks yesterday which said that the jewllery passes through 11 stages of quality control b4 it reaches you !! I highly doubt that
also a warning check your hallmarks, another customer has just had a ring delivered , ex gems tv peice which should have been white gold and it was stamped 925 !!!!

Hi Marielmc and welcome from me too.

I'm surprised to hear that about old Gems stock as, although they had their problems, on the whiole they were quite meticulous. I think too what may be happening is that seeing the quality of Gems unsold items, makes folk realise how poor the low to middle end of Rocks quality can be. We are now in a position whereby old but heavier Gems stock is going for less than a lot of Rocks lightweight stuff (Jacques Christie comes to mind with its 1.25g and less goldweights). There are some Rocks pieces where there are up to 6 or more cts of gemstone being carried by these chronically low gold weights (many of which look like they are sitting on a piece of wire). I love a lot of their beaded pieces, but once the Gems stock is gone, I really can't see them having much to draw me in. xxxxxx

Totally agree with everything,I stopped buying their gold pieces,as so flimsy virtually unwearable. Even a silver piece I bought was poorly finished and lightweight.
Perhaps it wouldn't annoy me so much if they didn'y keep banging on about their amazing gold weights and prices.
Had the same problem with Rocks&co and stopped buying from them.
The last piece I returned took a month to show up on my statement,so that was the final straw.

I bought a cute little apatite and topaz ring for DD's Christmas stocking (50 odd quid!) and the stone fell out within the week. I haven't got around to returning it ( probably left it too late now) I'm not really inspired to buy again as I don't want to risk buying as gifts only for peeps pressies to fall apart!

I bought a cute little apatite and topaz ring for DD's Christmas stocking (50 odd quid!) and the stone fell out within the week. I haven't got around to returning it ( probably left it too late now) I'm not really inspired to buy again as I don't want to risk buying as gifts only for peeps pressies to fall apart!

If the stone fell out then the ring is "not fit for purpose" and you can return it under consumer statutory rights, I think that goes up to a year for most goods. I've returned a couple of things over the years that haven't been up to standard after the 30 day limit with no problems.

Don't be confused by the 30 day return policy - that's the company's own scheme to allow you to decide whether or not you want to keep it, eg whether you like the item or whether it goes with the outfit you're wanting to match etc.

I think that a lot of customers get confused by the emphasis on the 30 day money back guarantee - this is in addition to your statutory rights taht basically say that you are entitled to a full refund if an item is "not fit for purpose". I think it's good that the TV shopping channels do the "30 day money back" period but they should ensure that customers know that this is in addition to statutory rights.

Hi everyone, just getting back into the swing of things after two 'gentlemen' broke into my home and got me up and robbed me!!!!! they never found my bling but did take my brand new Apple mac!!! Anyhow I was just reading about other peoples probs with rocks/gems I've had some probs with quality, I bought my dd ( she loves pearls ) a 9mm peach pair the pearl detached from the silver this happened at uni so I never bothered to send it back as I sent something else before because it was broken and they never refunded the postage!! my dd was disappointed because they were beautiful !! the other said item was a ring they sent out another which was a size 5 (6 was required ) and after one wear the same thing happened this was a ring my friend bought through me and she's told me not to bother neither of them want anything from them again!!!!!! Before Gems went, I did get quite a bit of suff, both silver and gold and I could really see the difference in quality . I've had other stuff that has not been up to scratch but just let it go, but as these weren't for me it's made me think twice about ordering they wont miss my custom but I guess thats not the point ! Hope this make sence yvonne xxxx

Sorry to hear about the break in! That must have been so scary. Shame you didn't return the faulty items as they need to know about it. I have been very lucky as I bought lots from rocks in the first few years and so far apart from all the silver cuff bangles going tarnished gemstones are still intact!

thanks BB yeah it was scary ! for them it's just a small job, but torches and masks aren't a good thing in the middle of the night, I wish they could see how it affects people !! Still I wasn't hurt and they never got the bling I Probably should of sent the stuff back but without a computer and not feeling great I didn't bother!! yvonne xx

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear of your burglary Yvonne you must have been terrified, I know I would have been. :eek: I hope you are okay and can eventually put this horrible experience behind you hon. God, I really hate the bastards who just think they can invade peoples' homes and help themselves to whatever they want and this country is so feckin soft on criminals, they should have their feckin hands chopped off if caught and that would deter the lowlife scum. Ooh I'm working up into a rant now. :angry:

thanks Pinkpussycat !!! I do really wish they could understand the consequences of their actions Im afraid i've got OCD looking to see if everything is locked !!! even though my door was locked !!! they brock the catflap and sadly I left the door locked but key resting in the lock so please all of you be carefull !!!!!Yvonne xxxxx

I stopped buying a few months ago, had an issue with every single order i placed.Several pieces i have received were chipped, broken and extremely poor quality, one bangle was completely shattered. If that is quality control.....God help other customers!
Basically its a load of tat..if anyone thinks they are getting a bargin..ur deluded...u can purchase the same quality of crap from China at a fraction of the price Rocks are charging.

Latest posts

Back