Lorique .. As special as made out?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
OK don't get me wrong maybe that title is just to get you to click on it. I have no doubt they are high end items and have only the best gemstones etc but what I want to know is the limited nature of them.

It may have been a slip of the tongue but a couple of nights ago someone said something like "we only made no many more than 2009 in the year 2009" this is a different if slight to the usual "no more than 2009" if it is true and not a mistake, how many more obviously one more is nothing to write home about and even I am not the OCD about it, but if it is 10 or more it shouldn't be claimed that it is only 2009 when people are paying for exclusivity.

PJ

I think I have heard that the actual number made, has so far been far less than the actual year.

I think I have heard that the actual number made, has so far been far less than the actual year.

I may be wrong as this is really confusing but, as I understand it, each design is extremely limited and no more than the total number of all designs amounts to no more than the year in which they were made. Hopefully John or someone will come along and explain. xxxxxx

I didn't explain myself very well Argey, :giggle: but basically, wot you said :up:, the total number of Lorique pieces won't exceed the year, and so far, the total has been far less than the year IYKWIM :nod:

I didn't explain myself very well Argey, :giggle: but basically, wot you said :up:, the total number of Lorique pieces won't exceed the year, and so far, the total has been far less than the year IYKWIM :nod:

I thought that too BB, about not exceeding, it is just when the presenter said, not much more than, or something like that it made me wonder.

PJ

Eh?

So in 2009 only 2009 pieces were made, in 2010 only 2010 pieces were made of any one style etc?????

If so, that's hardly exclusive! Unless of course I've seriously misunderstood!

Eh?

So in 2009 only 2009 pieces were made, in 2010 only 2010 pieces were made of any one style etc?????

If so, that's hardly exclusive! Unless of course I've seriously misunderstood!

I think it's the combined total number of all pieces of all designs. xxxxx

Confused...a bit

It just occurred to me that the answer to PJ's question may lie in The Lure. Looking at p295 in issue 11, it says that in 2008 just 2840 pieces were crafted and in 2009......'limiting the maximum number of coloured gemstone jewellery pieces that can be created to just 2009!' From two small workshops, one in Switzerland and one in Asia.

Now......a question of arithmetic..... in a gorgeous Lorique Colombian Emerald shown earlier today.......

TGW = 2.02cts
Emerald.........1.15cts
VS diamonds................0.87cts made up of 46 x 1mm stones.

Question.....how does 46 x 1mm diamonds equal 0.87cts? :happy:

Latest posts

Back