Earrings - Now Returnable??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
Sarah Lou was just showing some earrings (ItemCode: 718859) and was going through the usual spiel and said 'what have you got to lose, if they're not right you can send them back' and I notice TJC no longer have the earrings are non refundable message at the top of the screen. Has their ridiculous policy re earrings return now changed??

Ooh - I hope so, it always puts me off buying certain earrings, especially expensive ones.

Yeah, I've always thought it was a pretty massive leap of faith to buy expensive earrings off TJC if you can't return them. I wonder if they realised the non-return policy was losing them custom?

Uhm I wonder if the message has been put on screen just to deter people from returning them, but possibly they may be accepted anyway if sent back?? Who's going to try it first?? :mysmilie_62:

I sent some back a week or two ago and have had no problem. I have only just become a shopper with TJC and the tag on the earrings said they could not be returned if the package had been opened and the tag removed. To be fair, all the stuff says that, but I figured I'd give it a go. Like Rocks, if unopened seemed to be ok.

WooHoo!! Great news, sense has prevailed. Might try ordering if a lovely pair of Iliana danglies crops up. Now TJC just have to ditch the dreaded fiddly screwbacks.

I sent some back a week or two ago and have had no problem. I have only just become a shopper with TJC and the tag on the earrings said they could not be returned if the package had been opened and the tag removed. To be fair, all the stuff says that, but I figured I'd give it a go. Like Rocks, if unopened seemed to be ok.

Concordia did they arrive in a see through sealed bag then ?

Sorry Sue, Steve Milne said earlier that earrings are non-returnable due to hygiene reasons.

Maybe not Sue! I've just had two pairs of earrings and both came with a tag saying non-refundable if tag removed which assumes that so long as the tag is secure, earrings will be refunded.

PPC John Scott has just said earrings non refundable - not effecting your statutory rights so doesn't look good :( would buy more earrings from TJC if they changed there policy.

I've been sending earrings back to TJC for ages now, and I've always received a refund no problem...Having said that, though, they've always been cheapies. I wouldn't risk buying expensive earrings from TJC without definite confirmation that their policy has changed.

Concordia did they arrive in a see through sealed bag then ?

Yes, just like Rocks. The tag said non-refundable if tag removed. So I figured like Rocks, as long as I didn't open them it was OK. I thought maybe that was a part of my "statutory rights". No reply to the contrary from TJC.

Yes, just like Rocks. The tag said non-refundable if tag removed. So I figured like Rocks, as long as I didn't open them it was OK. I thought maybe that was a part of my "statutory rights". No reply to the contrary from TJC.

I always thought this policy of TJC's was totally stupid. OK I can understand the hygiene angle, but if they had been sent to a customer in a see thru bag then they could be held up to a customer's ear(s) to see if they would look good, and then if they were really satisfied they would open the sealed transparent bag. That makes far more sense, but then what can you expect from TJC

what exactly does the phrase 'does not affect your statutory rights' mean then?? surely, under distance selling regs, providing they aren't opened/worn etc., they'd have to accept them back for a refund?

i definitely heard a presenter saying non-returnable when i was flicking thru' yesterday...

what exactly does the phrase 'does not affect your statutory rights' mean then?? surely, under distance selling regs, providing they aren't opened/worn etc., they'd have to accept them back for a refund?...

I have always assumed that this was an oblique reference to the fact that they would have to refund you if the goods were faulty.

But I've just been looking at the distance selling regulations online, and I think you could be right, Lexxy:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

(The relevant part is on page 24.)

:wave:I succumbed to a pair of snowflake earrings early this morning and had to speak to the call centre to use voucher. I was very surprised they actually asked me if I was aware of the non-returnable policy, don't know how long they have been doing this. As the statement is rarely on the screen when selling, am assuming this is a chance for those unaware to cancel the order?

Been said before, no reason earrings can't be sealed to allow for return, it's just a sales ploy. Only bought today because I knew I would be happy with them

I have returned earrings with defects and had no problem with matter being resolved

Latest posts

Back