Cold call selling life insurance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Golden Brown

Registered Shopper
Last night I had a call from someone called Daniel who said they were calling 'because I was a customer of Price Drop TV'. He tried to sell me life insurance which I politely declined. However, I am very angry that Sit up TV can pass my details to a third party who then cold call me. I intend to contact Sit up and ask why they are doing this since I have certainly not given permission for my details to be sold on. Has anyone else had this kind of call?

Not yet! But we are having calls from Sit-Up asking us if we want to buy anything. We have, up to now, been very polite but hubby says the very next one, just hang up in their ear. I was all for blowint a whistle down the phone, but he said 'not a good idea Tas'

Ive never had it happen to me, but my friend has done it before to a different company (no shopping channel). When the person rings you, and says 'Is Mr/mrs ....... there' just say 'yes, Ill go and get him/her' and just don't do anything, leave the phone off the hook and they will be waiting on the other end of the phone until their little brains figure out that nobody is comming!!

-As I said, a company rang my friend 100's of times, and that was the last time she got contacted by them!! GREAT WAY TO DO IT!! :D

Thanks Ben, will try that. My milkman:dull: told me to try the following if they persisit:

Quickly press the rest button (the rest thinging where you put the receiver when you hang up) once but do not hang up. Apparently the other end cannot use that phone again until you decide to replace the receiver. Seems a bit drastic and more suitable for mucky phone calls, but hubby and I will keep it in mind

I HATE cold calling,:headbang: thought the government was going to do something about it.

I have to tell you all what my Son did to a persistant cold caller. When they phoned for the umpteenth time trying to get us to change our phone provider, they asked for me by name. My son said 'he would get me but in the meantime - can I interest you in some double glazing or if you're not interested in that how about changing your fuel supplier - I have a good offer on gas at the moment.' Honestly it was hilarious. The indian chappy on the other end didn't know what to say - in the end he hung up. BUT - they have not phoned since, so it worked. LOL.J.

I have to tell you all what my Son did to a persistant cold caller. When they phoned for the umpteenth time trying to get us to change our phone provider, they asked for me by name. My son said 'he would get me but in the meantime - can I interest you in some double glazing or if you're not interested in that how about changing your fuel supplier - I have a good offer on gas at the moment.' Honestly it was hilarious. The indian chappy on the other end didn't know what to say - in the end he hung up. BUT - they have not phoned since, so it worked. LOL.J.

:giggle::giggle: I do like to start the day with a laugh. Best post for weeks

Latest posts

Back