Ring forBirthday Surprise was big let down!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

celtic ghirl

Registered Shopper
I too am rather angry at Rocks at the moment.Purchased a morganite and diamond ring for my mothers' 70th birthday ,it was on my dad's behalf as he doesn't know where to start poor soul.It arrived and it looked lovely but on closer inspection I discovered that the setting was squint ie two of the prongs were longer than the other two,I also though that it looked a wee bit small for an N.I contacted Rocks and was told to sent it back registered,they could not replace it as it was not in stock,and I asked them to check the ring size as well.I got it back about 3/4 weeks later and setting had been adjusted ,but no word of size so assumed it was okay,it was also minus box and COA card.:angry:.However I managed to buy a lovely box and gave it to my Dad to keep .I also managed to get a very similiar pair of earrings but not from Rocks as they had none at the time.Come my mothers 70th birthday they were cruising around the Greek islands and my dad presented her with the ring and to his dismay it did not fit!!!.Obviously he was disappointed and he brought the ring over when he came back ,we went to town and a local jeweller advised us it was only an M:angry:I contacted rocks they said that they didn't think that this ring could be altered due to type of setting,the guy I spoke to was helpful ,he said he would check with Regency and they would try and do it.I did however find one pretty similiar on website but he infomed me that it was a slightly higher carat weight.So my poor mother was left with nothing as i have had to send ring back and she could be left with earrings that don't match if it's just a refund.This in no way makes up for the disappointment and embarrassment, I feel its my fault even though I tried to make sure everything went right.Now have to wait and see what happens.

Hope CS manage to sort it out for you Celtic ghirl and mum gets the ring to match her earrings.

Must be very frustrating but don't blame yourself its not your fault!

Hope CS manage to sort it out for you Celtic ghirl and mum gets the ring to match her earrings.

Must be very frustrating but don't blame yourself its not your fault!

Thanks for that Beading Belle ,but my poor old Dad was heartbroken as he just wanted her to have a special day.Hopefully everything will come good in the end

Awww Celtic Girl that is so sad. I can imagine how your dad felt and it's just unacceptable. My heart goes out to him and of course your mum too and I hope you get things sorted out properly, at no further expense, very soon.

Just a quick update on this,sorry I have taken so long but have been ill.I did receive the ring back quite quickly,no note or anything ,I wasn't charged anything so assume wrong ring size was sent -no one could tell me anything when I phoned-on the down side I had to pay to return the ring via Special Delivery and received no sorry or such like.Overall quite disappointed as if correct size ring had been sent to start with my Mum would have had a better birthday and my Dad would not have been embarrassed when the ring did not fit.A wee letter or email apologising would have been good customer relations.I will think twice before I shop here again

Hi Celtic Ghirl,

I am so sorry to hear that you have had problems, please email me and i will see what i can do to help compensate for the hassle that you have had. My email is [email protected]

Best Regards

Sarah

Thanks for the update Celtic Ghirl. At least mum has her ring now and I hope she gets lots of wear and loves her matching set.

Send SB the details as rocks CS is usually very good so I am surprised as how you have been treated.

Latest posts

Back