big clearance........? price meltdown???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loobi

Registered Shopper
Am I alone in noting that the big clearance with low low prices isnt quite that??? - I have seen items sell at higher prices than previously seen.... but the rush to buy the "bargains"seems to be clouding peoples judgement

While I ponder matters price related............. I am always confused by the trailer that shows the falling price system and how prices will continue to fall until all are sold....even falling to just £1. Many a time I have heard presenters say - this is my lowest price and I will sit here all day until its sold if I have to, not a penny lower....surely then not a genuine falling price till all is sold?.

The items that do occasionally drop to £1 are always deemed to be producer errors - hmmmmmmmmm

They are a business and need to make money - I understand that, but I do feel that the trumpeting of the big price meltdown, the genuine falling prices even to £1 are misleading - at least tjc are honest and say this is the price we want for it!

Maybe I am just getting old and cynical

loobie,

I think you are right. People do seem to go a bit mad at clearance events - I can't believe that they want things so much that they leap in at quite high prices. I have heard people say that the prices are higher now than they were in the pre-Sky days. Indeed they can be with the bigger customer base and in a falling price auction I guess that is inevitable. But there are still bargains if you see something you love and also are a bit savvy about when you buy.

As to the presenters' sales pitch - well it is just that and I m sure they try hard to get us to bid at the highest price they can. At the end of the day it is still a falling price auction even if they sit for an hour at a price waiting for the last bidder! Luckily for us that does not make commercial sense and they have to keep the pace up.

I may not watch as much as before but I am still in there after many years with Gems and Rocks.

Hi all, just to reassure you that our prices today and yesterday have on a lot of occassions sold only just above cost and on many many occasions way below.....

We don't do clearance very often but i can absolutely assure you that this is a genuine clearout

Best Regards

Sarah Bennett

Sarah, can i say somethin some of the clearance is also GemsTV old stock as well aint it

Yes it is, that is one of the main reasons for them having the clearance to get rid of the stock that they inherited from buying the company.

Latest posts

Back