Steve's 7pm Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tabs

Registered Shopper
Came across Steve presenting on Gems as i was channel hopping. What a hour of two halfs! Beautiful Chrome Diopside rings in 18k gold, stunning emerland and diamond bracelets in 18k, fab tanzy and amethyst rings...and then onyx and 18k?? rose quartz and black onyx rings?? Sorry Steve if you want to show us high end pieces at least show us classy not "tacky and overpriced". Sorry just my opinons:dull:

Definitely an hour of 2 halves!

I'm sure the gems in the Lorique range are first class but imo the designs are just a bit too fussy. Maybe the extra labour involved in making these intricate designs hikes up the price - I don't know how these things work - but I'd like to see sleek, simple designs with bigger diamonds, in wearable settings. I want to wear a pendant on a daily basis without looking overdressed.

Didn't like the rose quartz ring but loved the onyx bracelet. I have to agree with Tabs, why put onyx in a Lorique range?

emerald bracelet

Oh, and that Zambian emerald bracelet was to die for! Loved it!

Any chance of making something similar but less flashy and more wearable? I live in a rough town in the North West and I promise you, anyone walking around wearing that would end up in hospital on a head injuries ward! Point is Steve, what's the point having these lovely bits and pieces if you're too frightened to step past your front door?

I know Steve said he was testing the waters with some of these pieces, but still...onyx is 18k? Sorry, not for my tastes. I agree with you Cheyenne, "sleek Lorique" would be much nicer imo.

Oh, and that Zambian emerald bracelet was to die for! Loved it!

Any chance of making something similar but less flashy and more wearable? I live in a rough town in the North West and I promise you, anyone walking around wearing that would end up in hospital on a head injuries ward! Point is Steve, what's the point having these lovely bits and pieces if you're too frightened to step past your front door?

Ha Ha I know what you mean, I also live in the north west, maybe we could swap stories via A&E lol xx

Ha Ha I know what you mean, I also live in the north west, maybe we could swap stories via A&E lol xx

Well I obviously live in a different north west to you ... i don't feel intimidated or at risk when I go out wearing my jewellery but then again I am hardly likely to wear the kind of items Steve showed . They were way too elaborate and over the top for me too. I prefer much simpler designs with a good weight of gold.

I agree with you Cheyenne, "sleek Lorique" would be much nicer imo.

I love the idea of 'sleek Lorique'! I don't know who designs the pieces, but they are all way too elaborate for me. I can hardly think of a single piece that I've really liked.
TJC, on the other hand, have some gorgeous pieces, which I must admit to having indulged in.