67 grand spare?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Just seen an add for a rough Tanzinite which weighs 385 carots and depending on what cut you want you get around 180 carots. Yours for only 67 grand. Doesn't say if you get the jewellery made for that price or the gold for it. I expect that is extra!

I sort of expected this on Rocks and Co.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this ad running last night, First thoughts Wow a 180 carat tanzy! But who in thee times we are in at the moment has 67k floating around to spend on a gemstone which will probably be very impratical to wear in a piece of jewellery? Also the stone will be AAA quality once cut, surely it would be more practical to buy a AAA+ tanzy that you could actually wear?

I was gobsmacked when I saw the ad last night, I don't think I could ever in my life justify spending so much on a gemstone - even a euromillions win wouldn't convince me!
I'd feel far too guilty about such a frivolous waste of money when there are charities out there who would benefit so much from such a sum.
And I'm sure I'd be scared to wear it anyway, it's such a fragile stone, imagine if you thumped it off the radiator in passing and saw it shatter!

I saw this advert on again, I am shocked that it hasn't gone yet :p Funny how they don't mention what they are doing with the rough that the cut off to make your finished product. bet they get to keep it!

I'm sure you'll all be astonished to know that this stone has been available for rather a long time. Unless anything has changed the price includes cutting to your choice and making up into a piece of jewellery of your own design, along with a posh brochure giving the full history of the finished piece - blimmin' bahgin! :mysmilie_11: xxxxxxx

Holy crap!

I suppose it might work in a tiara! I once saw what was claimed to be the biggest tanzanite ever faceted - 242 carats - in a museum. It was set in a diamond and tsavorite tiara. Very nice but who would ever wear such a thing? Even on Kate Middleton going up the aisle it would look a bit silly.

I prefer my gems to look like gems, not like housebricks or paperweights.

67 grand. Holy crap!

Latest posts

Back