Halogen oven guarantee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
I have been debating about the halogen oven for about a year now. Yesterday I thought I heard Paul say that the one they were demonstrating had a 2 year guarantee. They seem to sell the same ones under a lot of different item numbers so is it just that particular item number that has the long guarantee or do they all have it? Most importantly, does it cover the halogen bulb which seems to go quite quickly which has been the main reason for me not buying it before?

I have one for over a year now and not had a problem with the bulb. I use mine about 3 times a week and find it to be a great oven.

They also said that they have improved the tray by making it non stick. Mine is just metal, but not had an issue with it.

The web site is very confusing with 3 version, but one does have a free salt mill. Don't know about a 2 year guarantee, I cannot recall seeing anything printed on the documents that came with my machine about a guarantee. Just had a delivery from QVC and checked that and they also don't have any reference to a guarantee. May be in the small print??

They're great little ovens but lifespan of them is questionable. I've had two, used every day. One lasted three years, the second, eighteen months. The first one, the bulb was still ok and it worked but there was an ear deafening rattling noise in the top element that couldn't be repaired. Second one, the bulb went with such a smash, it made me jump!

I decided I wouldn't buy another and have a mini table top oven instead, which I find just as good :happy:

Thanks for your replies Themroc and Mommabear. When I read yours Themroc I thought that I would go ahead with buying one. Then I read your reply Mommabear and changed my mind yet again. What has put me off is the mention of the noise when the bulb went. I thought that when it went it might just not light up one day or stop working quietly. Having had a Cook's Essential oven going off with a bang which unnerved me for ages, I think what you said has made me decide that I won't watch any more demonstrations of it so won't be tempted.

I finally went for one last month, a potd with the free meat thermometer.

I have had a problem the past couple of days with the oven not going on when I put the lid down, I have to jiggle it about to make it work, needless to say I have asked them to pick it up and want a refund. If that happens after a few weeks I won't have another one like that. I was pleased with how it cooked though.

Latest posts

Back