Has anyone Bought a Brother Sewing Machine?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

charlottegray

Registered Shopper
Just wondering if anyone has a brother sewing machine from Ideal World? As much as I loath buying from them it seems a good deal.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Looked back at previous threads but couldn't find a Brother one.

Brother are a major sewing machine make so there should not be any problems with them

I have never bought one from IW but I have a Brother which is 30 years old and it still goes like a dream, I've never had a problem with it.

Having said that, mine was bought in the good ole days when it was probably manufactured in this country and not in some far eastern sweat shop...:blush:

Don't know if Brother would have ever been made in the UK - they are from Japan so they would have probably originally made them there.

Japan isn't exactly renowned for low-quality sweat shops either like China and korea which is where everything seems to be made now since all our fabulous works machinery was shipped out there when industry was destroyed in the 80s.

My mother is on her second Brother machine. First one ended up being too expensive to repair so got new one instead. Note repairable but not worth it the cost when compared to a new one. That first one was a good 13 years in use and regularly serviced which is as ever, key to the long live. The Janome overlocker she has is about 10 years still going strong.

Though its a long way to go before even reaching the legendary status of 30 years "round the world" of the Necchi machine she had (and misses!).

I've got the Brother 8080 (the one that automatically threads iteself). I'm really pleased with it, it was bought from IW, but there was a special deal to have it serviced free for 10 years at Coopers. I haven't done this yet, but may do in the future.

HTH

Ann x

Latest posts

Back