Don

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a Bennett family run venture miscraja, Steve, his wife Sarah (who has done most of the design work), and his brother John are the co-founders with an excellent customer service team behind them consisting of Tony, Sherridan and Katherine.

Sorry, just realised I was totally off beam. Rocks.tv is the Bennetts. Haven't a clue who Rocks & co. is apart from the fact that Vicky Brown (ex Gems TV, not TJC) is somehow involved. It's very easy to get confused and I hope this has no detrimental effect on the wonderful Rocks.tv which we are all singing the praises of.

Last edited:
And they are all brilliant!! :D

My apologies too ... didn't look properly. :eek:

Last edited:
I think Rocks & Co is the new jewellery channel from JML :daisy:

Rocks.TV is the utterly fabulous new jewellery website from the Bennett family :D

The Bennetts run Rockstv which is under a different heading. I don't know whether Don has anything to do with either of the companies. It would be great to find out what he is up to now, does anybody know?

We hope to have more information / pictures about the exciting launch of Rocks & Co in the next few days.

The whole Rocks thing by JML (Rocks & Co) is a bit too close to the Bennett's brilliant company Rocks.tv. Even the JML channel's logo and type font are a bit too close for comfort. Maybe the Bennett's can stop them? I don't know, I am a nurse, not a lawyer. However, I have decided to vote with my feet and will not buy from the JML channel. I have far more loyalty and respect for the Bennett family's hard work, dedication and attention to customer service. It rather appears that JML are sneaking in on Steve's coat tails. :(

Don originally launched Gemstv with Steve Bennett several years ago. He was top dog at Thai Gems and went into partnership with Steve to launch Gems here in the UK. He used to come over regularly and present. He was a font of knowledge on anything to do with gemstones and at times quite ott, but I really enjoyed learning from him. He and Steve sold their shares in Gems last year and imo it's been sinking fast ever since.

In my opinion Gems is a shadow of its former self and I hardly ever watch or buy anymore as is the case with a lot of the old regulars. You can read all about it in the Gems threads.

Don Kogan was reported to of left Gemstv through ill health and then steve sold out
so whats happening now at gems is anyones guess .
all the jewellery was stamped with DK as part of the hall mark back then dont know about now as i havent watched or bought from them since the recall fiasco

Strange. I thought Steve sold out before Don left for "health" reasons. ;)

Don Kogan was reported to of left Gemstv through ill health and then steve sold out
so whats happening now at gems is anyones guess .
all the jewellery was stamped with DK as part of the hall mark back then dont know about now as i havent watched or bought from them since the recall fiasco

Interestingly when Don left...

...There appears to have been a bit of 'market panic'. However it says indirectly he still works for Gems.

Google "Don Kogan" and you get this statement on the 'marketchatter board' website.

CIMB

29 Octobert 2007
Gems TV Holding Limited (GEMS SP / GEMS.SI, OUTPERFORM - Maintained, S$0.55 - Target: S$1.32)
Quick takes - Unwarranted concerns over Don’s resignation
by Kasem PRUNRATANAMALA

We believe that the market over-reacted to the company’s recent announcement of the resignation of Mr Don Kogan, President of Gemstones & Manufacturing of Gems TV. Management and Mr Kogan himself confirmed that his departure is due to health reasons. While Mr Kogan has resigned, he will remain on the board of directors in a strategic role, spending more time on R&D to help the company identify new business opportunities. All in, we view this transition positively. Maintain Outperform and end-CY08 target price of S$1.32, based on 15x CY09 P/E and 7x CY09 EV/EBITDA. Unwarranted selling pressure should be taken as an opportunity to buy into Gems TV, in our view. -

Steve Bennett resigned in June '07 and Don Kogen resigned in October '07. They subsequently both sold their shares in the company and Don's name does not now show up as a non-executive board member.

Latest posts

Back