Patronising and insulting promo's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rocchic

Registered Shopper
I am really surprised that the badly made, insulting and patronising promo's of a) some silly female nailing her letter box up because she paid more for her jewellery or less or some other silly reason and b) same silly female having a toddler tantrum in the street and hitting her partner because said partner bought jewellery before a sale are still being shown. They are insulting and patronising - is that really how the company view their predominantly female loyal customer base ? They have irritated and insulted me since they came on and despite strong comments in chat and a couple of posts on here they remain. I thought of late the newer interesting promo's of Steve or Matt abroad showing the Gemstone origins were far more acceptable and actually interesting.

I have not seen these promo's on Gems only Rocks - so - is there some sort of fraudian perception about Rocks customers - I am surprised quite frankly that strong independant intelligent women such as yourself Sarah or Jainey ever tolerated the making, let alone approved the showing of such irritating and patronising depiction of women who enjoy their bling !!

Rant over but enough is enough !!

Thank goodness the one with the woman fondling herself in a field has gone! I agree I enjoy the Steve and Matt promos. More of those please.

That was bizarre and cringemaking ! I really like the educational ones and the new ones of Matt and Steve especially showing the mines and the country wher the gems come from is really interesting. With more unusual stones especially. Defo encourages me to think about increasing collection when I see wher they come from and history and so on.

I must say I quite like the promos of the woman going nuts after seeing something she's bought going for less in a sale. It's obviously meant to be tongue-in-cheek, a bit of a lighthearted send-up (like quite a few of their other promos) - I don't think Rocks TV REALLY think consumers would behave like that!

I very much agree about the woman fondling herself in a field, though. I always thought that was inappropriate and I'm glad it's gone!

Really poor judgement coming from a firm that constantly bangs on about being a "family business". Do they encourage their own children to behave in such a cheap and titillating manner? xxxxxx

I'd like to see Matt and carol star in some of those comedy promo ads. I reckon they'd make a great double act. Talking of carol, QVC should pay good money to have her model from time to time. She'd inject some life into their dreary shrouds (fashion) and keep ghastly Glen in his place!

I love the promo of Barry jumping in the pool - it always makes me laugh. Yes I think Carol would be fun - I do like the presenter promos and reckon they could think up some fun ones that didnt offend our sensibilities

Latest posts

Back