New Vita Mix demonstrator.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
Did anybody see his first show today at 3pm?

To start with I thought he was good, but then a couple of things seemed to go wrong.....

*He keps saying that the smothies had to be on for 30 seconds, but he kept mixing them, and then put them in the sound proof box (which he said should be about 30 seconds on speed 10) but it was no shorter than 2 minutes, as he prepared the next item!

*He started to make scrambled eggs, but about 2 minutes later this had vanished, so something must had gone wrong with it.

*On one he kept putting too much ice in, and the lid kept popping off! (I know it is a minor thing, but if you are about to spend over £400 for a blender, I wouldnt like to see this happen really (not the blenders fault, just that he filled the ice up like a mountain!)

One other thing which I didnt like was that, I know the last one put cabbage/carrots in some smoothies, but this man seemed to put it in everything, from smoothies, to soups, to ice cream.....eveything he made had cabbage in somewhere!!

It may just be me, or he may get better over the next few shows, but I just want your opinions if you saw it!

(BTW to be fair, he was up for a joke and talked a lot which was good as it was only his first show)

Also when he put the unit in the sound proof booth and closed the door he kept knocking the blender off the base and had to go back to it to resit the unit. Nigel did make a comment about this.

Not bad for his first show on TV, but the patter was the same.

He wasnt bad but I found Nigel to be overbearing with him and didnt let him speak enough. I too noticed the 'this will take 20 seconds' then 5 minutes later its done :p

For my 2p worth, anyone though who buys this has far too much money, I am now on a special diet and need to make a lot of soup, so do I buy the £450 Vita-Mix or do I boil the veg for 6 minutes in the microwave then blitz with my £3-95 Morrys blender? Hmmmm, toughie.

I am, like others, sick of the same patter, literally word for word on a lot of shows like this, the Bamix is another one, and if David Ades makes a "crikey its NEVER £19-99 that must be a mistake" again then I will smash the telly, he does it every time!!! Its getting more and more like informercial channels I think which saddens me, POTD 6 hours a day on one product, then the same damn products every week, surely this is torture.

Latest posts

Back