Gems or Rocks TV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
As long as product-wise the two channels are basically clones of each other, I started to wonder which one I prefer.
No contest for me. On Rocks the presenters are so calm and relaxed. They are often witty and entertaining and enjoyable to watch. On the other hand, I've just watched Angeline get apoplectic about a silver amethyst necklace and she is generally rather too excitedly working her way through the pieces to be sold. So many of the presenters on this channel are so pushy, loud and over the top (with Liv being a notable exception). I had really hoped that they would have calmed down by now as its several months since the takeover and that they would have followed the lead of their Rocks' colleagues. Obviously old habits die hard!
Alan, Barry, (what's happened to him - is he working on Gem Collector? And whilst on that subject, didn't I hear Steve say he would eat something live on air if the channel hadn't launched by September 1st?), Matt, and the others (yes, even Carol!) create a completely different atmosphere and make it so much more pleasurable for me to watch.
I am hoping for a different product range on Gems and for the screechy hard sell approach to slowly fade away, but in the meantime, Rockstv wins my vote hands down.

I really can't stand Angeline. I find her really annoying, false patronizing, snobby and bland. She is my least favorite presenter. So I guess I go for the channel she isn't on lol

imo Steve's star presenters are Alan, Carol and Matt from rocks. Add Lynn to the lineup and it looks like Rockstv wins.

I take it all back. I started this thread by saying that I much preferred Rocks to Gems because of the presenters and the general atmosphere, but all the screechiest Gems presenters seem to be migrating over to Rocks. It really is becoming a complete clone of Gems, now even with the Screaming Banshee presenting there. Rocks' saving grace, the calm, layed-back presenting style, seems to be fast becoming a thing of the past and, I fear, so too are my viewing habits of these two channels.

Latest posts

Back