Biggest turn off?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Happygolucky

Registered Shopper
Ok, so who is you biggest turn off? By this I mean which presenter makes you want to turn your telly off when they're on?

For me Angeline makes me want to turn off the telly, hide the remote and send back the sky box ......

Since I have both Gems & Rocks online and flick between the two I have to have the sound muted until there is the option to mute one or the other so the presenters have no effect.

My personal turn-offs are:

The amount of Tanzanite shown.

That it feels like there are more rings auctioned than all other types of jwewllery put together. Since not everyone is between sizes 5-9 then a lot of people are excluded from buying, including me!. I have seen a couple of size 10 ladies' rings and I hope there may be more in the future.

There are 100's if not 1000's of lovely things on the website yet we see the same stuff day in day out. Just lately it's been the triple strand, hearts & large bead necklaces & bracelets which are auctioned time & again. There are a few pieces on the website I have been hoping for weeks they will auction but never have and no sign of any request shows in the near future. Please can we have more variety in what is autioned each day.

Its easier to say who i do like Alan and Barry I'm afraid thats it for me,the rest i watch with the sound very low or off

I'm pretty sure that, on average, every third item is tanzanite at present!

I was really hopeful when Steve et al took Gems back over, and I have given the new company the benefit of the doubt so far, but I can't imagine putting up continuously with the absolute bucketloads of "the rarest gemstone in the world" - if it's that rare, why do Gems appear to be knee-deep in it? It'll be ****** torture in December at this rate - a whole birthstone month devoted to Tanz TV!!!

Like Janey, I'm seeing the same items all the time, or the same basic jewellery designs with different stones. I appreciate that manufacturing costs are paramount, and having fewer designs makes good business sense, but it all feels a bit "cataloguey" right now...

I do hope things improve - I want the business to do well, and I'd like to see enough diversity to attract both old and new customers; I am finding it hard going though!

Maybe I should stop whingeing and take my jewellery-wearing parts elsewhere - I'm finding the enjoyment outweighed by the disappointment...

Jinny x

I'm pretty sure that, on average, every third item is tanzanite at present!

I was really hopeful when Steve et al took Gems back over, and I have given the new company the benefit of the doubt so far, but I can't imagine putting up continuously with the absolute bucketloads of "the rarest gemstone in the world" - if it's that rare, why do Gems appear to be knee-deep in it? It'll be ****** torture in December at this rate - a whole birthstone month devoted to Tanz TV!!!

Know how you feel, unfortunately it's the same elsewhere as well. TJC having yet another Tanzanite day this Sunday :angry: glad I'm busy this weekend!

For me - like buying or watching on tv - it's only a shop! If I'm enjoying I keep watching otherwise I turn over or off!!! Simple. I've trained myself not to get emotional about it. Life is too short to get het up about tele shopping.:angel::angel::angel:

Ok, so who is you biggest turn off? By this I mean which presenter makes you want to turn your telly off when they're on?

For me Angeline makes me want to turn off the telly, hide the remote and send back the sky box ......

Carol, Adina and Scott! All three make me turn over!

Hi everyone

thankyou all for your posts, i can't reply to them all as i am in China with limited access to the web.

We are a very ethical family business and run it in a way that we believe helps people around the world. If for one minute i thought we were not having a positive effect on the families and villages and towns that we deal with, then we would go and do something else. Unfortunately unless you have visited rural china, tanzania, africa and even some remote parts of Thailand its very hard to comprehend how different life is. What I can tell you from the hundreds of mines i have visited, I personally have never seen an under age worker in a mine, although i have seen them washing gems in a river, helping their parents etc. I have spent a lot of time in villages in remote places around the world and i can tell you that in my experience gemstone mining families are living a much better life ythan their neigbouring farmers.

Wat we guarantee is that we adhere to the Kimberly process, that in all of our factories that we work with we have contracts stating no under age works and very high standards of working environments (our doors are always open to our customers and several have ben to our set up in India).

Re charitable work, my family have given very generously to Africa, we have sent a whole shipping container of clothes to Africa and are currently working on a project to build a small private hospital to further improve the standard of living for our workers and their families in India.

Regarding Tanzanite, I was talking to Tanzanite One only yesterday and there no longer appears to be any TV channel in the world that is a site holder, but to be quite honest being a site holder for Tazanite in my opinion has an overly negative impact on businesses and being independent of a corporation (because that is all they are) that mines just one of the 4 blocks in Tanzania brings you more scope, more flexibility and a wider array of colours, clarity etc. Is Tanzanite going to run out, every miner will tell you a different story and hence you will never her me personally putting a time on it and Russian Diopside for example may dissapear first.

I Will try and answer more questions when i eventually get back to the UK

regards

steve

Hi everyone
Regarding Tanzanite, I was talking to Tanzanite One only yesterday and there no longer appears to be any TV channel in the world that is a site holder, but to be quite honest being a site holder for Tazanite in my opinion has an overly negative impact on businesses and being independent of a corporation (because that is all they are) that mines just one of the 4 blocks in Tanzania brings you more scope, more flexibility and a wider array of colours, clarity etc. Is Tanzanite going to run out, every miner will tell you a different story and hence you will never her me personally putting a time on it and Russian Diopside for example may dissapear first.

I Will try and answer more questions when i eventually get back to the UK

regards

steve

I'm very surprised to read this claim as not only do TJC continually say they are one of the eight Sightholders but Tanzanite One's own website state this albeit under the name of their parent company STS Jewels Inc. Very strange indeed!

TanzaniteOne has initially appointed eight Sightholders, with plans to increase this number in the medium term. These initial eights are listed below:

* AG Color Inc
* Colorjewels
* Intercolor
* Paul Wild
* KL Tambi
* Rare Multicolor Gems
* STS Jewels Inc.
* Tanzanite International

Latest posts

Back