Remember this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
Thought that it was about time that we had a happy clappy thread about bling!

I haven't bought (much) for ages but have concentrated on getting some bits set and re-set.

Do you remember my loose 4ct Paraiba from Gems (bought when Don came bursting onto our screens many moons ago with a shed load of loose gemstones)? Well the colour of this one screamed out at me and it ended up living at chez Meesh!

I've got to say that it has a window the size of a patio door and I did consider having it re-cut. I spoke with a few lapidaries who all said that the weight may drop to around a 1-1.5ct mark so it was a no-brainer to leave as it was! Also, there's always a risk that the colour will change with a re-cut and there was no way I was risking that!

So, anyway, I've set it, crossed my fingers that the window would at least be less noticeable (which it is thankfully) and I can now wear and admire this rather that it being stuck in the safe! It's a biggun so only gets an airing for special occasions!

Then, you may remember that I got THE most gorgeous Paraiba when the lovely Steve Ashton was at the helm? However it was set in the most horrendous setting in the world! Well, that's had a reset too! This is now one of my favourite rings. I love the setting and the general look of this ring. I know that this Paraiba actually would benefit from yellow gold but as I don't wear yellow very often, I wanted something that I would get some wear from.

Unfortunately, this gem doesn't photograph well. In real life it glows like you wouldn't believe but for some reason that doesn't translate into pictures. It is breathtaking and almost doesn't look real!

Last edited:
Wow Meeshoo they are amazing. Put My two to shame. They are stunning. I love these sort of threads, where I get the chance to see everyone's lovely pieces. I have ordered quite a lot lately but haven't shown any of it.

Oh please do show Glitzy. There's such a lack of eye candy threads at the mo - it's all doom and gloom!

Then, you may remember that I got THE most gorgeous Paraiba when the lovely Steve Ashton was at the helm? However it was set in the most horrendous setting in the world! Well, that's had a reset too! This is now one of my favourite rings. I love the setting and the general look of this ring. I know that this Paraiba actually would benefit from yellow gold but as I don't wear yellow very often, I wanted something that I would get some wear from.

Unfortunately, this gem doesn't photograph well. In real life it glows like you wouldn't believe but for some reason that doesn't translate into pictures. It is breathtaking and almost doesn't look real!

Thanks for sharing them with us Meesho they are both absolutely beautiful, the Paraiba is one of my favourite stones it has such a stunning colour but if I was forced to choose between them then this is the one, the setting you've chosen is gorgeous . I have a one carat Mozambique Paraiba which I bought from TJC several years ago, mine's set in white gold too, but these days they've become so expensive I'm not sure when I'll upgrade to a larger one, but you never know ! :grin:

DiamondDiva - if your Paraiba is highly saturated and vivid then trust me, you'll find it exceptionally difficult to find one now. They're very very scarce. The only ones I see are muted and cost a fortune! Of course, if you have mega moolah to chuck around then you'd be able to find one!

DiamondDiva - if your Paraiba is highly saturated and vivid then trust me, you'll find it exceptionally difficult to find one now. They're very very scarce. The only ones I see are muted and cost a fortune! Of course, if you have mega moolah to chuck around then you'd be able to find one!

Hi Meesho, you're so right about the quality and colour of the one's offered for sale today many of them look more like inferior aquamarie than Paraiba, looking at mine and comparing to your pictures it's a similar colour but not quite so intense, if I was using TJC's standards yours would be AAAA and mine AAA !

GC - don't know if you've seen it but I was on hols when you were asking about old cut diamonds. I've since replied with a few links for you. Not sure if you've seen it or not. x

Can someone point me to a thread on how to put up pics and I'll add a few of stones I've had set or re-set form the old gems days.

Thanks Meeshoo for your lovely pics. It is good to remember why we watch the bling channels!!!

Latest posts

Back