Alarm bells!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anna_Key

Registered Shopper
I'm extremely concerned about something that has just happened on my web account.
I was trying to place an order for the Mowerland pick of the day but the web pics were all little crosses and it kept asking me to confirm my password, I persevered because I'm well aware of I/W and C&Cs little 'foibles'......when I finally got to checking my details it was showing the wrong start and expiry dates on my credit card.....anyway feeling very uneasy at this point I decided to cancel the items in my basket and went into my history account to make sure there were no items pending, luckily there wasn't BUT all the past delivery logs had the wrong address on them, not just one different address but 4! going right back to when I placed my first order 10 years ago.....I don't know what to do next :confused:

Has anyone else had this happen?.....I've been on a dodgy web site today( watching Sunderland/ Arsenal match) and I automatically thought I had caught a virus but I checked on my works laptop and the same is going on there.....I/W you don't make it easy to have faith in you!

The order history was not working last Thursday for me. At first I could not get to the screen, then when I did all the info was blank. I am sure I heard them say that they had web issues.

The order history was not working last Thursday for me. At first I could not get to the screen, then when I did all the info was blank. I am sure I heard them say that they had web issues.

Not exactly a good advert for their "7 year click" event is it :cheeky:

I've checked again this morning and it's still the same but more worryingly is something I missed last night, not only do I have 4 other peoples full address and start/expiry dates on their cards I've also got the last 4 digits of their cards aswell......I'm not sure if people of a certain ilk could use that info for their own gain but it does make me feel very nervous....... if I've got someones personal details the chances are someone on I/W data base has got mine! I shall be watching my bank activity like a hawk!

I''ve just registered after reading these forums for a while now. Had to register so I could say, I've noticed exactly the same on my account details and so has my sister. I've mentioned this to IW in a letter I sent returning a product I'd bought, and also mentioned to them that I believe it could be in contravention of the Data Protection Act. I have my own card details showing, but for my last three orders I have two totally different addresses showing.

I've sent an email already, Mrs J, I'm yet to receive a reply.

I've been on the Data protection site and I/W are in breach of this by disclosing other peoples personal details. They advise to get in touch with I/W first and if nothing is done to get in touch with themselves next.....sod it, this is the last straw, I'm going to Watchdog and then any newspaper that wants to listen to me ranting...this really isn't good enough!

I'm getting security warnings now when I try to access my account......this is a screen grab, is anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 280
Welcome to the forum, Midsomer Madness :flower:

Shame it's not for pleasant reasons!

Still no change to my account and still no reply from I/W....why am I not surprised.

STATEMENT FROM IDEAL WORLD:
"As a consequence of a recent systems change a number of customers have experienced an incorrect delivery address being displayed in their order histories – we confirm that this has now been corrected.

Furthermore we confirm that customer order information and delivery address is correct. We would also like to take this opportunity to assure you that your information is safe and secure. Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused."

It takes them a week to answer your email, then they say they have passed it on to head office and it will be another 5 days.
At least they are getting quicker.

HHmm...so the issue has been corrected with the online address details errors then?......................I think not, as my account details for delivery address on previous orders still shows a different delivery address to mine. I noticed this problem yesterday after reading this thread and checked my account orders again this morning. It is still showing an incorrect delivery address but it is a different one to the incorrect one I saw yesterday!

Hey hum, Ideal World, what are you doing, not instilling customers with confidence are you? :confused:

I checked my I/W account this morning and everything is still the same :mysmilie_455:
I then checked my email account and found the following email.......

Thank you for your email regarding the apparent corruption of our computer system. The first issue relating to your card details held on our account is due to a system error during upgrades and this has now been rectified. The system was identifying old cards used instead of the most valid ones and we apologise for this matter.

The second issue regarding your address details being on someone else’s account we are unable to provide this information and it is possible your address was never shown on another account. I am pleased to advise you that at no point have we breached the Data Protection Act as the following statement shows:

An address that is not identifiable to a person is not by definition “Personal Data”

I understand your concerns regarding this matter but I would like to assure you that your personal data has not been compromised in any way.

May I take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience these matters have caused you and trust that as a valued customer this issue will not deter you from shopping with Ideal World and Create & Craft in the future.

Kindest regards

Anne Howes

Liaison Officer

[email protected]

Hmmm.

Last edited:
Everything is back to normal again....thank God! :whew:

However, I won't be ordering from I/W or C&C in the foreseeable future, if again....all this has left a very sour taste.

Looking on the good side I've saved myself £470+ ....sort of :blush: ....instead of the Mowerland multithingy I originally wanted, before all this nonsense, for £180ish on I/W, I've since found one very similar in Wickes for around the same price, except the Wickes one has a more powerful engine and also includes the extension bar, which I/W wanted £14.99+ P&P :happy:

And, after watching the Pilates machine with Debbie Shore on saturday morning for £289 + a tenner P&P! I was itching to place an order with them, instead I went on Ebay and found the exact same one less than 10 miles away for £75.00 'Buy it now'....so saturday night, less than 12 hours after watching Debbie straining her cabbage live on the telly, I was replicating the experience live in my front room.....wonderful! no myther with dodgy orders, no stressing over will it turn up or not and no Indian man called 'Darren' having access to my credit card details...job's a gudun :grin:

And, after watching the Pilates machine with Debbie Shore on saturday morning for £289 + a tenner P&P! I was itching to place an order with them, instead I went on Ebay and found the exact same one less than 10 miles away for £75.00 'Buy it now'....so saturday night, less than 12 hours after watching Debbie straining her cabbage live on the telly, I was replicating the experience live in my front room.....wonderful! no myther with dodgy orders, no stressing over will it turn up or not and no Indian man called 'Darren' having access to my credit card details...job's a gudun :grin:

I'm sorry, wrong of me but I :grin: laughed out loud at that...:grin::blush::wink:

Latest posts

Back