Returns Nightmare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Midsomer Madness

Registered Shopper
I'm a bit of a fan of Kyle Kaine and his wigs, and have purchased a few from IW in the past (mainly due to flexi pay!) I ordered a wig which was a pick of the day a few weeks ago and arranged for delivery to my sister's address as I was going away. The wig took over 2 weeks to arrive (various emails sent to IW chasing it up), and when I recieved the box it looked like it had previously been opened. The wig inside was not the wig I ordered, so I immediately reboxed it, took to the Post Office and emailed IW to advise I would be returning it because it was the wrong product and that I wanted a refund)

Imagine my annoyance when last week my sister told me a parcel had come from IW, she opened it and it was the same package I had returned to them, the accompanying note said because the tag was missing the item was non refundable. I was furious, as I had not removed any tags, or even tried the wig on as I could tell by looking at it that it was far too short for me.

I telephoned customer services (and not India :headbang: ) they provided me with a Freepost address and advised me to put a letter in addressed to their quality assurance dept, which I have done. I sent the item back on Friday and am waiting to see whether they give me a refund, or whether they take the second flexi payment which is due this week (I suspect the latter).

If their quality control was being run correctly they would have noticed that (1) it was the wrong wig in the box and (2) that it didn't have both tags on it. I suspect it was a return from somebody else who had removed the tag but who had got away with it.

I really do not see why I should have to pay for something that I didn't even order in the first place. What do you reckon to my changes of getting a refund?

By law you are entitled to a full refund including any charges you incurred posting it back as they send the wrong item.

Unfortunately ,you are dealing with IW so good luck!

Rich

Last edited:
Checked my account today on IW and see they have issued a refund :happy:

I also received an email saying they have issued a separate refund for the P&P

They also apologised and said my comments had been noted.

Doubt I'll bother buying anything from them again though!

Latest posts

Back