Tefal Actifry Design Fault

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

curlyblonde

Registered Shopper
didnt know where to put this post, does anyone have one of these, ive just bought one and i love the chips, but does anyone have any recipes they have tried, the book as a few but not many
thanks
M

curlyblonde how long does it take to make chips in it :?::thanks:

it takes 45 minutes, which sounds a long time, but its so easy you just put them in, and leave them, and there is no smell at all in the house (unlike chip pans that stink disgusting) and the chips are gorgeous, its worth the money just for doing chips in, i love it

Just to say that the Tefal Actifry has just been featured on Watchdog, apparently there have been cases of the fans failing and units setting on fire. The H&S people who tested it were not impressed!

Just to say that the Tefal Actifry has just been featured on Watchdog, apparently there have been cases of the fans failing and units setting on fire. The H&S people who tested it were not impressed!
I was just going to post that Faggle but you beat me to it . Teafal have a phone number to contact them if anyone is worried . Its on the watchdog website , I dont think I fancy a faulty deep fat frier .

It's not really deep fat but combustable never the less,Tefal should be better than this.

I was just going to post that Faggle but you beat me to it . Teafal have a phone number to contact them if anyone is worried . Its on the watchdog website , I dont think I fancy a faulty deep fat frier .

When I saw the title of this thread my heart sank, as I have just seen Watchdog too. They said they should do a recall as they are very dangerous. Don't take your eyes off it for a second if you are using it.

absolutely Lily - good advice.

I knew Debsie was looking for one and texted her this evening when I saw it highlighted on Watchdog. thankfully she aborted her search for one.

these sound damned dangerous.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I don't know what to do with mine now. I have lost all confidence in using it!

Tefal Actifry

Did anyone else see Watchdog last night ? Apparently ,the Tefal Actifry has a design fault so that if the internal fan breaks down,the unit overheats and bursts into flames.The programme presenters gave a response from Tefal which in effect said that they had only had 200 (!) complaints and that in any case the unit was made from flame retardent plastic so that any flames didn't last long.WOW---how reassuring that is. I was very tempted to buy this but am so glad now that I resisted. The expert on Watchdog said that the Actifry hadn't been properly tested by Tefal and that in his opinion they should all be recalled.

Thanks for that CL, have been toying with the idea of buying one of these for ages and now you have made my mind up for me, NO!
Thanks again

absolutely Lily - good advice.

I knew Debsie was looking for one and texted her this evening when I saw it highlighted on Watchdog. thankfully she aborted her search for one.

these sound damned dangerous.

Thanks again hun - I was quite literally seconds from pressing the 'add to basket' button when I stopped to pick up your message!

Its such a shame they are dangerous as the principal sounds great - lets hope Tefal sort themselves out and modify the units to be safe.

well im keeping mine, i love the product, its not going to set my house on fire and i keep on eye on it when im using it anyway, and if they do go faulty tefal will replace any faulty units
this is the best piece gadget i have ever bought and i will not be parted from it ever

I had been toying with the idea of buying, hopefully waiting for a decent price.

My friend has one and uses it a lot not just for chips

But the watchdog item has put me off, not just what has happened to a'few' of them 221, they said, but by the comment by Tefal that 'no one injured etc etc' and as such wouldn't recall, but they did however set up the call line.

Think I'll go back to my original idea of a new hologen one, had one for years and it gave up the ghost which is why I toyed with idea of the Actifry

i rung tefal this morning, the unit overheats and smoke comes out, it cannot set on fire because the unit is flame retardent, so it will only cause damage to the unit and not to the kitchen or any person and as long as they are willing to replace if this happens i dont have a proble, they have sold 50,000 and 220 are faulty, ill take my chances, this product is fabulous and anyone who owns one will tell you how great they are

I must admit we love ours as well and we are very pleased with it and use it a lot. Handy to know the info though in case of any trouble.

Im keeping mine, the fault is not has bad as they are making out, the unit cant set on fire, cant damage the house or a person, it just smokes, and if it does break tefal will replace it, i absolutely love my actifry and no way is it going back and even if it overheated id get another one, if 220 are faulty out of 50000 then i am not worried at all, the machine is fantastic and i cant live without it its brilliant

Latest posts

Back