What's going on??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
For the first time in ages (and because there wasn't anything on telly this evening), I've been tuned into GemsTV. OMG what a shock - and not in a good way.

First of all Adina. Why is she the colour of teak? I was wondering whether I needed to adjust the colour contrast on my telly. Ok, I can understand having a nice subtle tan so you don't look like Casper the ghost but her colour was awful. Worse still, when she put the jewellery on, you really couldn't tell the colour because her "tan" was radiating through everything.

I then breathed a sigh of relief when the lovely Ruth took over. I make no secret of the fact that I've always loved Ruth. Oh dear - what's happened to her? Not only has she been tangoed ..... obviously the same heavy handed sprayer that has Cuprinol'ed Adina ..... but she's now YELLING. What I loved about Ruth was her calm, unflappable manner but all that has changed. My ears are bleeding.

Fed up now. I haven't watched any gems telly for a while so maybe I've been de-sensitized but if this is what it's like now ........... I'm going to watch something more entertaining like paint drying. :sad:

I can honestly say i haven't watched gems for a long time, i also don't watch rocks tv or rocks and co, so the only channel i do watch is TJC but with all the under days i hardly watch them.
So pick a shade and we can watch paint dry together!

For the first time in ages (and because there wasn't anything on telly this evening), I've been tuned into GemsTV. OMG what a shock - and not in a good way.

First of all Adina. Why is she the colour of teak? I was wondering whether I needed to adjust the colour contrast on my telly. Ok, I can understand having a nice subtle tan so you don't look like Casper the ghost but her colour was awful. Worse still, when she put the jewellery on, you really couldn't tell the colour because her "tan" was radiating through everything.

I then breathed a sigh of relief when the lovely Ruth took over. I make no secret of the fact that I've always loved Ruth. Oh dear - what's happened to her? Not only has she been tangoed ..... obviously the same heavy handed sprayer that has Cuprinol'ed Adina ..... but she's now YELLING. What I loved about Ruth was her calm, unflappable manner but all that has changed. My ears are bleeding.

Fed up now. I haven't watched any gems telly for a while so maybe I've been de-sensitized but if this is what it's like now ........... I'm going to watch something more entertaining like paint drying. :sad:

:mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483:

My faithful old telly went PHUT today so we had to go out.....in the rain....:sad:.....and buy a new one. One of those new flat screen LCD efforts! I spent all afternoon setting the damn thing up, you know - all those contrast, brightness, colour and sound equaliser wotsits etc from drop down menus and then the second you press ENTER......it all reverts back to the factory settings! :mysmilie_503:

Of course I did all this while Scott was on as I know very well how he looked and sounded on my old telly.
And all was well until Adina came on............:mysmilie_505:

Yep.......back to square one......:confused::confused:

That is so funny. I thought my telly had finally packed up and the color was broken. Has she been on holiday ?

I don't know about the presentations, I can't manage to sit through more than a minute or two of any of them, but as a recent customer of Rocks and Gems, (only just discovered my inner blingness a month or 2 ago), I am irritated beyond belief that in the space of 6 weeks I have received 3 defective items. Now to me this seems to be above what could be considered a statistical average for damaged purchases. It wouldn't be so bad, but it takes an absolute age for money to be refunded, and I find that unacceptable. I was also peed off to receive a white gold kunzite ring, which was shown and spoken of as being fairly close to patroke in colour in the three auctions I viewed. In reality, the one I received was almost colourless and could have been mistaken for danburite, it was that pale. I'm a bit disillusioned to say the least.

Hello Meesh and all,

Personally I do enjoy watching Adina and my husband is always happy to see her and the lovely Lucy! I have a really old TV, around 20 years old but still works so I'm happy. I think Adina has been on holiday recently as she does look tanned. I am so envious of her lucky genes (Romanian?) because I am the palest Swede - I never tan :eek:( I have always been called the snow queen by my husband! I didn't think she looked very orange though, so perhaps it was studio lights that were to blame, especially if Ruth also looked a tad orange as well?

Inge xx

Latest posts

Back