Hmmmm...is this new?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

perdita

not impressed.....
I remember Rocks had a backlog when it came to sending out authenticity cards a couple of months ago and then I seem to remember that it was decided that they would only provide them for gold items.

I checked out my basket today and had the option to have a card printed with the name of my choice on it. Only when I went to the next page of the checkout procedure, did I spot that the card was charged at £1. Admittedly the item in question was silver but I just wondered when this started happening? (I've not been watching/buying from Rocks very much recently so am probably a bit out of the loop!)

They run like the government, give with one and take with the other. I suppose they had to claw back the £1 reduction in p&p. "Hidden" charges? How very Price-Drop! I'm so glad to have recovered from this particular addiction. :thinking:: mysmilie_11: xxxxxxx

The £1 charge just sneaked in ... no warning that I heard, but I could have missed it. It's also hit and miss if your gold cards actually arrive with order - I've had to email and request them. Some of the 'cube' silver necklaces come 'with free authenticity card' showing against item in the basket .... why - when they're not doing them for non gold items ??

I found out about the cost purely by chance because chatters were talking about it in chat and complaining that with 25 items they clicked on the card request and had £25 added to their order. Of course that facility has now been withdrawn. Sarah Bennett was in the chat room and I specifically said it was misleading and that there should be clear posting of what is and isnt charged for. She said she would address it. That was about 2 weeks ago if not longer - and I agree I have had to request cards for gold I also get the odd card that belongs to someone else. My refund of £353 took 25 days to show on an email and is still not in my account. Refunds will be taking 25 days plus for a while I am told. Also I found out purely by accident - if you have a credit and it is applied to your checked out order and then you ask for a checked out item to be removed, the credit bounces back to your basket and has to be re applied at the customers specific request !!

I have one last order that has been held due to the refund issue - specifically because I have a credit and promised a couple of items to friends - I hope they keep them or its another long wait. I told rocks I was not checking out the items in my basket as I was unsure if I wanted them and did not want to tie up my hard earned cash.

I fear with 20% VAT in January there will need to be a lot more incentive for me to re discover my interest.

I have some lovely bling from Rocks and have met/corresponded with some lovely ppl - beginning to spend more time on here....................

Hi everyone,

I apologise if there has been confusion over the Authenticity Cards. I've just asked for some quick changes to the page so it is more clear as to what happens.

Basically, you can access on online certificate for every item. With gold items, you also get a free plastic authenticity card. With other items you can optionally select to have a plastic card, which will add £1 to the item price. 50p from this £1 is donated to the environmental charity Earthwatch.

Kind regards

John Bennett

John
Thank you for this info - why oh why do you not post this information somewhere so we can all see it. I for one would happily add a couple of cards if I thought half of it was going to a good cause.

Hi Rocchic,

You're absolutely right, we need to publicise it. A basic explanation is going up on the website today (that's an oversight on my part - I should have got that done sooner).

I met with Earthwatch last week and we're in the process of agreeing how to publicise this initiative. Once we've done that we will create a video to display on the channel and so on.

Kind regards

John

I don't seem to have an option to have or not have an authenticity card, but I notice in my last order I was charged for one. Since the website has changed my computer doesn't like it and I can't access my order info for the most recent deliveries, it seems to be something to do with the 'on tv now' icon. I've done all the usual techy things to enable me to use the website properly, but it's still the same, and it's a ruddy nuisance.

Just a thought....

I don't seem to have an option to have or not have an authenticity card, but I notice in my last order I was charged for one. Since the website has changed my computer doesn't like it and I can't access my order info for the most recent deliveries, it seems to be something to do with the 'on tv now' icon. I've done all the usual techy things to enable me to use the website properly, but it's still the same, and it's a ruddy nuisance.

I was having the same trouble Puss and I use the Opera browser. Have just tried again moving the required order number near to the top of the page, way above the 'on tv now' icon and clicked...and saw my order info! Expect you've tried this already but thought I'd mention it just in case. :blush:

I was having the same trouble Puss and I use the Opera browser. Have just tried again moving the required order number near to the top of the page, way above the 'on tv now' icon and clicked...and saw my order info! Expect you've tried this already but thought I'd mention it just in case. :blush:

Not working for me, Sacha. My pooter's iffy at the best of times, but the new website seems to have cobbled it completely.

Latest posts

Back