just received this email..chat never returning!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mirabelle

Registered Shopper
Dear Customer,

Last week I sent an email to all people who had used chatroom recently. It seems that many people did not receive the email and I apologise for that.

In the email, I outlined the issues that we were facing with chat and that we were considering what to do next.

Due to the bullying and abuse that has continued since our last review of the chat room and the result of which has been a serious threat of legal action, we believe we have no choice but to protect our customers and to close the chatroom. In its place we have given the presenter a screen so that they can see the comments typed in to the box on the website directly and allow them to interact more easily with web viewers.

This has been an extremely hard decision to make, but we are a first and foremost a jewellery company and as a business we need to focus our energies on constantly improving the shopping experience for all our customers.

As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if we can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards
Steve Bennett | CEO

Coloured Rocks Limited | Eagle Road Studios, Eagle Road, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9HF | www.colouredrocks.com

What a shame - with effective management I am sure that any issues could have been resolved. Alot of bank managers will be singing a chorus tonight :clapping:- I know mine will be. The hook to keep sat there is gone.

Hopefully the response time to queries sent by email peps up abit - I have 3 emails unanswered and have given up on my refund for authenticity cards I inadvertently ordered but didnt get in the end anyway.

What a shame - with effective management I am sure that any issues could have been resolved. Alot of bank managers will be singing a chorus tonight :clapping:- I know mine will be. The hook to keep sat there is gone.

Hopefully the response time to queries sent by email peps up abit - I have 3 emails unanswered and have given up on my refund for authenticity cards I inadvertently ordered but didnt get in the end anyway.

I agree loobi....It's such a shame, would appear there was no other choice open to them and nothing could be done to prevent the closure!

That makes rock tv just like any other channe nowl! Shame chat had to go, I remember the good old days when I spent most of my evening chatting and buying. I haven't purchased from rocks for over a year now just as well after reading all the negative comments!

Hello - just posted a response on 'did yu get th email' so wont repeat it here -just thought I would say hello to you all - Rocchic xx

Personally I don't know what took the Bennetts so long! The chat room has caused endless problems for ages, glad they have at last closed it.

Personally I don't know what took the Bennetts so long! The chat room has caused endless problems for ages, glad they have at last closed it.

Couldn't agree more! It made very unpleasant reading at times. Well done to the Bennetts for taking a tough stance on bullies to concentrate on what they do best ie. selling jewellery. At the end of the day they weren't a social chatroom site and that was a little how it felt at times. Sorry - I know that's not the popular view.

I totally support Steve's decision to withdraw chat having exercised great patience in trying to make it work. When I started buying from Rocks in 2009, chat was fun and clearly helped potential new customers develop the confidence to buy, but this has recently been far from the case. Personally, I am fed up seeing people who seem to see themselves as good customers of Rocks actually turning on the company and acting as Rocks most bitter critics in continually undermining the company.

I haven't used Chat for ages, so it's perhaps a bit unfair of me to comment, but I'm also pleased the Bennetts have taken a firm stance. I hadn't even bothered to read it for weeks, but funnily enough I was reading when it was suddenly pulled. Sarah Bennett was on at the time and I didn't see any nastiness, so it must have all gone on before.
From the little I had read over the last few months, I won't miss it at all, but can understand that it must be upsetting for the regular 'innocent' users to lose it. I also hope it doesn't mean that Rocks loses a lot of sales as a result, but it really does sound as if it had got totally out of control.

Hi All

Many Thanks for your comments,whether it is in support of our decision or not.

It was indeed a very difficult decision, but one which we believe we had no choice but to make.

I do hope for those of you who enjoyed the interaction of Rocks TV that you will continue to participate by using the messaging service directly to our presenters.

Again many thanks for your understanding and support

Kind Regards

Sarah

Sarah, you are very welcome and and I wish Rocks every continued success. I don't know of any other company where the directors are personally so responsive to public forums and customer comments.

Looks like the minority have wrecked things for the majority, not that my bank manager will mind, or my oh for that matter,

I think it's a great shame. I haven't personally bought from Rocks for ages because I've got enough bling (yes well...), or Rocchic has put items in her basket for me (to save P&P mostly...) But I was in chat on and off recently, and saw some of the sniping going on. I've posted elsewhere about that and I still think the idiots would have got fed up eventually and people shouldn't let the actions of total strangers affect them in this way.

However, I was wondering if any other online selling sites use live chat and if so how that has panned out. I think Steve introduced it as a brilliant USP and didn't envisage the way people would use/abuse it. I've seen it mentioned on marketing sites as the best thing since sliced bread...Has anyone seen it elsewhere and has it worked?

Sarah,

Maybe rather than having a chat room, you could have a system where you can send a message from your website but instead of going on the chat room on the web, it just goes onto a screen in the gallery and the studio, so people can still say things like "Oh I have this it is very nice" which can be still flashed up on the screen or "How long long is the drop on the earrings" which the presenter could answer like now.

I get the feeling this was the favourite part of the chat room.

PJ

Hi PJ

We have got this facility now. The presenter has a screen so when you type in the message box on the web they get to directly see the comments and questions just the way they used to in the old days of Rocks.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Sarah

Hi PJ

We have got this facility now. The presenter has a screen so when you type in the message box on the web they get to directly see the comments and questions just the way they used to in the old days of Rocks.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Sarah

Sarah - you've got the best of both worlds with this system! The presenter can interact with the viewers almost in real time (presume there's a slight delay) and the buyer can get information quickly! It's a great way of keeping the interaction with customers.

With the greatest respect to the above posts - nothing is like the 'old days of rocks' (or Gems) or will be again.
Have tuned in twice in a week and one of those was to check on guess what - the refund almost a month old - thank you I finally have it. I did briefly tune in to watch Emma this afternoon who was always one of my favorite presenters - for me tho its sad but presentation styles of some presenters, gold weight, higher prices and no real indication of an actual price via this strange web request auction thingy, a tiny box to post a comment in that may or may not be seen, posted, responded too - and the risk of tying money up for far too long........ however I am sure there are enough customers out there who were not spoiled by the 'old days' - I must just be pleased that I had the opportunity to aquire some really lovely bling and this must be a way of telling me I have quite enough !!I need to take a leaf out of my sisters book and Beading Belle and start making my own !!

Go for it Rocchic, you will love creating. I am sure Jacky will show you how to! There are so many lovely beads you can source at a very reasonable price.

Hi PJ

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Sarah

Ops shoulda checked first :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asking the presenter questions doesn't really work for me as I always have the sound turned off as I can't take listening to some of the presenters, it was nice to ask questions of other chat users who, more often than not, knew the answers and owned the piece on screen.
Off late though, I rarely read chat unless I wanted to know something about the item on screen as it had become a very unhealthy place with some really offensive chatters.

Latest posts

Back