TJC Have Lost Their Way IMHO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I totally understand while times are hard just now, that TJC made a very clever business decision to offer gemstone jewellery in silver. I have no doubt this has brought in good money for the company and obviously the 'under' days have been very successful - they must be because they're on nearly every day now! That's where the problems begin imho, every day you turn on TJC and it's the same old same old. If it's not an abundance of platinum clad silver it's a Tanzanite overkill. Now, don't get me wrong, I've bought from a few 'under' days but a lot of TJC's regular customers are getting just a tad sick of it now. Whatever happened to mid price range pieces, say between £80 - £180? It's either under a tenner or thousands of pounds but there's nothing else. There's also a limited choice of gemstones, if you don't like apatite you've had it!

The next thing which needs to change is bringing back pieces because someone has texted in asking for it. 9 times out of 10 they don't even buy it! I thought 'Option 2' was brought in for this very purpose? Or the 'missed auctions' part of their website? Late nights are the worst when people are rolling home after a night at the pub. They obviously think it's amusing to text TJC asking to see some showstopper or other and then laugh while the presenter brings it back pleading for the requester to come in and buy it. Meanwhile all the other viewers/customers are left sitting waiting when TJC could be making money instead of wasting money!

I could very easily move on to presenters but I'll save that for another time, however I have to ask - PPC did you hear 'your friend' Chloe Cheryl Cole Breton Rachel Galley Marshall this morning? Talk about cringeworthy! It's bad enough when she says "tickety tock" or "ring a ding ding" but today she was actually calling herself "Clobo" :puke: "Clobo"? I could think of a lot of names for her but not one of them is "Clobo" :mysmilie_17:

I totally agree, although its much more relaxed at tjc than it used to be, its not very professional anymore, graphics are all over the place, music is repetitive, every other day is an under £50, £30, £20, £10 day or an over £1000, £2000, £3000, £4000 day.
The texts requests are so annoying, along with the clock!
I'm over to Rocks and Gems!

I had been enjoying the "under" days, but I think they've really pushed it to rock bottom with some of the horrors that appear. Very market stall. It seems to be a human weakness that if you bring the price low enough, folk will buy anything so what's a business to do? Like Krosbint, I'd love to see much more mid price range. Old Gems has left a huge gap here and (I'd have thought) a welcome opening for someone else. Leave the really cheap stuff to others who can do it at least stylishly even if not of the best quality. It's pointless making "costume" jewellery a dirty word if you're going to sell stuff you can buy from any beach peddler. I'd far rather have high quality, well made "costume" than reject material slung together (I've a horrible feeling by children and old people as piecework). xxxxxxxxx

I totally understand while times are hard just now, that TJC made a very clever business decision to offer gemstone jewellery in silver. I have no doubt this has brought in good money for the company and obviously the 'under' days have been very successful - they must be because they're on nearly every day now! That's where the problems begin imho, every day you turn on TJC and it's the same old same old. If it's not an abundance of platinum clad silver it's a Tanzanite overkill. Now, don't get me wrong, I've bought from a few 'under' days but a lot of TJC's regular customers are getting just a tad sick of it now. Whatever happened to mid price range pieces, say between £80 - £180? It's either under a tenner or thousands of pounds but there's nothing else. There's also a limited choice of gemstones, if you don't like apatite you've had it!

The next thing which needs to change is bringing back pieces because someone has texted in asking for it. 9 times out of 10 they don't even buy it! I thought 'Option 2' was brought in for this very purpose? Or the 'missed auctions' part of their website? Late nights are the worst when people are rolling home after a night at the pub. They obviously think it's amusing to text TJC asking to see some showstopper or other and then laugh while the presenter brings it back pleading for the requester to come in and buy it. Meanwhile all the other viewers/customers are left sitting waiting when TJC could be making money instead of wasting money!

I could very easily move on to presenters but I'll save that for another time, however I have to ask - PPC did you hear 'your friend' Chloe Cheryl Cole Breton Rachel Galley Marshall this morning? Talk about cringeworthy! It's bad enough when she says "tickety tock" or "ring a ding ding" but today she was actually calling herself "Clobo" :puke: "Clobo"? I could think of a lot of names for her but not one of them is "Clobo" :mysmilie_17:
No Klos I didn't watch her because I turn off as soon as I see her on screen, Marshall's stupid sayings make me cringe too. The cheeky peeks, cheeky trysy onsys, ring-a-ding-dings, re-run the fun and pathetic namechecks to her alter ego Clobo make me want to scream....and don't get me started on the stupid accents and gurning. :headbang: I wonder if she ever watches her vts back?? Why doesn't someone tell her that the sight and sound of a huge middle aged heifer speaking like a 5 year old is both incongruous and pathetic?? :taphead: I agree with all your points and as for the continuous tat days, well they are making my watching habits change drastically but at least my cc is safe.

No Klos I didn't watch her because I turn off as soon as I see her on screen, Marshall's stupid sayings make me cringe too. The cheeky peeks, cheeky trysy onsys, ring-a-ding-dings, re-run the fun and pathetic namechecks to her alter ego Clobo make me want to scream....and don't get me started on the stupid accents and gurning. :headbang: I wonder if she ever watches her vts back?? Why doesn't someone tell her that the sight and sound of a huge middle aged heifer speaking like a 5 year old is both incongruous and pathetic?? :taphead: I agree with all your points and as for the continuous tat days, well they are making my watching habits change drastically but at least my cc is safe.

:mysmilie_61: What a brilliant post! A perfect description - thanks for making me laugh on this dull, miserable Sunday morning. :mysmilie_508:

Latest posts

Back