Constructive Feedback to TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
Ok ladies and gents - I think we all agree that when TJC are good, they're very very good. Some things they're doing appear (in terms of scheduling) to be putting us off in droves sooooooooooo, we know that TJC will often act on constructive feedback so here goes (feel free to add your own and only constructive comments please):-

1. Please do not have whole days of one gemstone i.e. Tanzanite, Diamond etc etc. This has the effect of alienating anybody who doesn't want one of those gemstones. This does not mean that we want to see 3 hours of Tanzanite either! An hour should be the maximum for any one particular gemstone.

2. By all means have "themed" hours i.e. "under £100 hour" but NOT days!

3. It always strikes me as odd if there's an "under £100 hour" and then all sorts of jewellery at all sorts of price points is being sold! Why? If I turn on and see "under £100 hour" and don't want that sort of jewellery I'll turn off! I won't stick around to see if there are items that I might want. So, this is negative marketing.

4. If you watch TJC for any length of time, it appears that there's a distinct lack of "middle ground" jewellery i.e. you have platinum covered silver at one end and then jewellery for mega bucks at the other. It's more likely that somebody who buys middle ground jewellery may well add some stocking fillers to the order to take advantage of the P&P. It's less likely if you've just forked out £2,000 for an item.

5. The constant re-runs are incredibly boring and in some cases take up valuable airtime. If somebody has missed an auction they can buy it other ways. There's no need to see it again! Ok, perhaps it's a considered purchase and somebody wants to just have a quick look again to make sure it's what they want? So, let them buy it and then the presenter can quickly show it on air (maximum 10 seconds) for that person. Alternatively, couldn't the personal shopping department be equipped with the facility to download a minute or two of VT that they could email the potential buyer so they get a chance to see a repeat of what was shown on screen?

6. The only time re-runs are good are if there are, say, 10 in an auction and it sells out in literally seconds! The chances are, this is an item that lots of people want and if it's possible to have another auction with 10 again then fine. This doesn't take up too much time.

7. If there is a "sale" day/s, please make it a genuine sale. Not 1p less than it's closed before (or higher in some cases). Take at least 10% off the lowest sale price OR don't put it up for sale at all.

Thanks for listening!

Couldn't agree more.

TJC do monitor the forum, obvious from occasional comments made by presenters and customer services, and most of the points you raise have been said many times, fingers crossed yet again.

Apart from a dip in and out at weekends I only watch now early morning before getting ready for work. 10 minutes is a enough to decide how long for!!

I have been saying for months i wish they would stick to themed hours but almost this entire week has been under days.
I just don't understand it, it seems as if they want to change their place in the market, imo TJC always showed the largest range of jewellery designs, gemstones and price ranges and appealed to most people but now seem to only want to sell to the under £100 market or as you say the over £1000.
Perhaps they should send out a questionnaire via email to their customers and get true feedback as to what we want to see more/less of, what ever they choose to do it certainly needs addressing.

Yes I agree also, just getting too much all these under days and tanzanite / diamond and now emerald day just gets so boring watching, really wish they would listen to our opinions on this matter, like you say meeshoo they have seem to lost middle ground either expensive or cheap, never understand why they have under £10 days :(

In addition to all the above, I'd like to see the 95p rounded up to the £1 - it's so patronising. Everyone reads £9.95 as £10 or £999.95 as £1,000. Your brain just does it automatically, so it's completely pointless, simply insulting to our intelligence. A small point but one that never fails to irritate especially when it comes to the higher figures. It also demonstrates how haphazard is the maths of pricing. For a seller to consistently come up with £x.95 inc. VAT, then pricing is clearly imprecise which then leads one to wonder if they simply pluck a figure from nowhere. Even if this is the case, surely we should not be led to wonder about it.

I'd also like to see an end of phoney falling auctions altogether, just give us the price and a time on air (I realise that this makes for a swift ordering process for the call centre). I don't think stock figures are necessary either unless they are genuinely low. What's the point of bringing on 2,000 of one piece and having it on air for an absolute age. That piece could be quietly selling in the background whilst the presenter gains sales of other pieces from those who aren't interested in "making TJC history by taking part in the biggest auction". Perleeze! xxxxxxxx

I have been saying for months i wish they would stick to themed hours but almost this entire week has been under days.
I just don't understand it, it seems as if they want to change their place in the market, imo TJC always showed the largest range of jewellery designs, gemstones and price ranges and appealed to most people but now seem to only want to sell to the under £100 market or as you say the over £1000.
Perhaps they should send out a questionnaire via email to their customers and get true feedback as to what we want to see more/less of, what ever they choose to do it certainly needs addressing.

They did actually send out a questionnaire to those of us who bought a J. Francis piece. It did include some general questions and I thought at the time it was a shame to have restricted it to J. Francis customers. xxxxxxxxx

Well said Meesho I couldn't agree more, I just wish they'd go back to the format they had until about 18 months, days of mixed auctions with the odd themed hour here and there that catered for those looking for something specific, that way there was something for everybody at all price ranges, not these week long varying priced "under days", I just find them a turn off. :yawn:

Clearance days - they're rarely worth watching the prices are either the same or just a few pounds cheaper than normal - I know that clearance doesn't always mean "sale" but if they aren't going selling at cheaper prices why infer that they are? :angry:

Catalogue prices - I watched the emerald show on freeview this morning and one of the rings sold for £100 more than it was on the website! Some things were exactly the same price but others were cheaper, what's the point in watching for hours if you can buy it at the same price or cheaper on the website? :confused:

Having said that I am a great fan of TJC, the quality of their jewellery is amazing, good quality at a good price and their customer care is excellent but I also understand that in these financially difficult times to remain a viable business they have to make changes that they (and us) may not always like. I too think that they're missing out in the middle range market, by concentrating mainly on the lower and occasional higher end they run the risk of alienating the majority of their customers.

My reply is on my post "TJC have lost their way" which is very similar to this one so no point in posting my views again.

In addition to all the above, I'd like to see the 95p rounded up to the £1 - it's so patronising. Everyone reads £9.95 as £10 or £999.95 as £1,000.
Ah, but then the "£10 Under Days" would have to be "Under £10.05 Days". And they wouldn't be able to patronise us further by stating incredulously "I never expected it to go under £1000! " :giggle:

Great thread and I agree with everything mentioned above. There now appears to be a huge hole in the market for the middle ground as the other channels have obviously set their sights on either the high or the low end.
I do wonder whether tjc are just buying in whole ranges of jewellery (some of their silver items look remarkably similar to those on Coloured Rocks), yet with their huge gem buying power through their parent company, why do we not get the variety of stones and jewellery anymore?
Come on tjc, you had a shaky start, you then became by far the best jewellery channel, but now you're losing your crown and in danger of falling further!

Latest posts

Back