Slinky tailoring!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
just when I thought I'd heard it all! Joanna who is presenting a particularly frumpy selection of slinky outfits has just starting waffling on about the "tailoring" that goes into a pair of slinky trousers!!!!! Um no. The difference with this pair is that the waistband points down into a little v shape at the front, yup that's tailoring for you...then in the same breath she mentioned Saville Row. I could only imagine that the only slinky fabric within one mile of Saville Row would be in the cleaner's cupboard, or hanging up in the toilet for the execs to wipe there ar$es on!!!!

Having said that, it's this sort of comment that makes shopping telly so watchable, and how they'll have you believe that chucking on a garish purple glass ring, and a pair of diamoneski earrings you'll look like you've stolen the crown jewels....very regal purple you know!!!!! Or that slinky in any way shape or form would be suitable for any self respecting mother of the bride! Or that a nylon wig is just the thing to cover a "bad hair day"..don't you just love it?

Love that post merryone - gave me a good laugh. Methinks the words 'slinky' & 'tailoring' are a contradiction in terms. As you say, perhaps 'slinky' & 'loo rag' would sit more happily together in the same sentence. Although I must say, Lynne looked nice in the purple rag - but then Lynne looks nice in anything.

Latest posts

Back