Studio Lighting!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
Steve has just been on explaining that they've overnight changed the lighting in the GemsTV studios and were, this morning, broadcasting from the Jewellery Maker studios.

Interestingly, the lighting in the Jewellery Maker studios was less orange and more "life like" than the GemsTV studios. When I watch GemsTV the lighting always looked too warm and made the presenters look VERY orange and difficult to tell the colour of the gemstones.

Scott has just gone into the new studio so fingers crossed we're back to normal realistic lighting Woohoo!

Hi Meeshoo

Thanks for your comments.

After spending all last night with the technical team in Gems TV studio, we hope it now looks more natural both on the web stream and on digital TV. Watching at home this evening on SKY I have noticed it still looks a little bit warm - but much better than it was.

The main reason for changing the lighting in each of the studios is to become more Eco-friendly and reduce the amount of energy we use, for both lighting and as a direct result; air-conditioning. It was also the perfect time to re-address the lighting to make the jewellery and gemstones look natural.

The lighting that we are now using is fundamentally the same as lighting that can be found in any home and this is perfect for displaying our jewellery - as it will give an accurate representation of what your piece of jewellery will look like when you open the box at home.

Regards,

Barry Kirley

Hi Barry

You can definitely see an improvement - things are not quite so red hot and are now just a tad too warm! It could do with a bit more cooling but interestingly on the web stream it looks far more natural than on my HD TV.

Before the changes (for whatever reason) things didn't look natural and it was incredibly difficult to judge colours well. Now, it's easier but is there any way you can cool it down slightly? Daylight replicating bulbs? Not sure if they're eco friendly though - I suspect not otherwise you would have used them.

Anyway, it's a vast improvement - thanks to all the team.

Meesh x

Latest posts

Back