Polti Vaporetto Steam Cleaner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

roxygirl

Registered Shopper
I took the plunge and bought this when it was a Pick of the Day recently and it turned up today. It seemed pretty good at cleaning the oven and all the fiddly bits around the dials and taps etc. I found it good for doing the kitchen floor, but was surprised that when I had finished the floor was fairly wet. This isn't really a problem on the kitchen floor but was a bit worried about using it on a laminate floor as over time I feel it might lift the glue. I had the some problem when I tried it on the windows, I just had small streams of water runing down the window and they were far more streaky than when I started!

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong and wished I'd kept a copy of the programme to see how they used it. I'm sure they kept spouting on about how dry it left things.

I'm really in 2 minds as I have wanted a steam cleaner for ages, but windows and floors were one of the main reasons for me getting it.

Has anyone else got one and had this problem or is it just me not using it properly?

Thanks for any help you can give.:confused:

I've got the larger Vaporetto Genius (the one that looks like a small dalek!). This is supposed to have the same 3.5 bar pressure as the Pick of the Day. I've never managed to clean windows successfully with it as I find that the difference in temperature between inside and outside turns the steam back into water and it inevitably runs down the windows leaving them really streaky. I do live in a particularly cold area however, so this may make a difference, although I would have thought that double glazing should prevent this problem. My Polti is great on laminate flooring and leaves it just damp. I wonder if you're giving it long enough to warm up before using it so that any remaining drips of water have evaporated. I know that if I'm a little impatient to use mine before it's really ready, it does drip quite a lot.

I've been using mine for many years on my laminate flooring and it's never caused any to lift yet. I have yet to pluck up the courage to use it on the sealed limestone flooring however. I'm afraid that the steam will destroy the sealed surface.

Hope this helps you a little.

I've got the larger Vaporetto Genius (the one that looks like a small dalek!). This is supposed to have the same 3.5 bar pressure as the Pick of the Day. I've never managed to clean windows successfully with it as I find that the difference in temperature between inside and outside turns the steam back into water and it inevitably runs down the windows leaving them really streaky. I do live in a particularly cold area however, so this may make a difference, although I would have thought that double glazing should prevent this problem. My Polti is great on laminate flooring and leaves it just damp. I wonder if you're giving it long enough to warm up before using it so that any remaining drips of water have evaporated. I know that if I'm a little impatient to use mine before it's really ready, it does drip quite a lot.

I've been using mine for many years on my laminate flooring and it's never caused any to lift yet. I have yet to pluck up the courage to use it on the sealed limestone flooring however. I'm afraid that the steam will destroy the sealed surface.

Hope this helps you a little.

Thanks Mam for your really helpful reply. I'm glad to see it wasn't just me having a problem with windows! I am a bit confused as some of the reviews gave glowing reviews about using it for windows. I also think you are right about me not giving it long enough to warm up. The laminate flooring was the first thing that I did and it did seem to be dripping water a bit.

Having said that I did have had another go with it yesterday and have been quite impressed for cleaning elsewhere. It's so nice to clean without using chemicals and somehow everything seemed cleaner and fresher.

I think I will definitely keep it as it makes cleaning easier and quicker and I have actually been wandering around looking for things to do! I am just a bit disappointed about the windows as they have always been my pet hate to clean!

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back