Reviews biased to positive ones?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
I've just submitted a review, which I don't do very often, but I've noticed this time that the need for my email address was compulsory, whereas when I've left them in the past it was optional. This is apparently incase they want to contact me if my review is not going to be accepted.

It seems odd to me that so many of us have submitted reviews in the past to have them not accepted for reasons that don't come under the terms and conditions.

Could it be that QVC is slightly bias towards the more positive reviews and 'accidently' not including the more negative ones?

I know there was a load of 1 star reviews for a carpet steamer I bought once that was so awful and had so many complaints that strangely enough all the reviews and the item just disappeared off the website!

Does make me wonder who exactly is determining which reviews are shown and which aren't and when the presenters bang on about the 5 star reviews, are they actually being honest with us! :cheeky:

It's supposed to be an independent company that do the reviews, so that the review gives an honest opinion of items.

It's supposed to be an independent company that do the reviews, so that the review gives an honest opinion of items.

I remember hearing a presenter saying on air once that yes, reviews regulated by an "independent body", but that independent body aren't obligated to accept all reviews, they only pick a "cross section" of them.

I remember hearing a presenter saying on air once that yes, reviews regulated by an "independent body", but that independent body aren't obligated to accept all reviews, they only pick a "cross section" of them.

Would like to know the ratio. 80% positive?!

The thing that really bothers me is when the say on the shows 'has x no of 5 star reviews' but in reality it only has a low score overall! That to me is false advertising and not giving the true impression.

The thing that really bothers me is when the say on the shows 'has x no of 5 star reviews' but in reality it only has a low score overall! That to me is false advertising and not giving the true impression.

Maybe Q don't know how to work out averages. :cheeky:

I have only bothered to review favourable items, but to be fair now I only re-order, I don't browse to buy anymore, except at this time of year for DD b'day. I just didn't think a poor review would get printed.

...how long would and independent company keep its contract if all it gave were negative reviews or, say, just mostly negative reviews?

There's obviously a loose cog somewhere and how many people would trust a company with one loose wheel...[sorry, I just like using three trailing dots..][Oops, missed one.]

Well I have heard several presenters (Claire, Alison K, and Pipa are ones I can think of straightaway) who have said "All the reviews go on there - the good, bad and the indifferent."
Yet more crap that the presenters spout.

Latest posts

Back