Clientele

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cupcake

Registered Shopper
As this is cruelty free (and hopefully has no animal derivites in it) I was thinking of trying it as my skin is looking less than great at the moment - all the density seems to have gone out of it and I'll be looking like Dot Cotton if this carries on!

Anyway, I tuned in to the 9pm show last night hoping to get some tips but couldn't really understand much as AY and the Clientele rep were shouting over each other (and the callers) so couldn't work out if I needed Elastology or Estro-Lift!

What would users recommend? Was thinking of a serum as I like my current moisturiser etc. My cheeks are looking a bit hollow (so much so my friends have told me I need to put weight on ... but I'm the same weight I've been for years). And I can see the start of nasolabial folds coming. Basically skin is looking kind of saggy so I need a lift! Been under tremendous stress lately and not been sleeping well for a month or more, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Hi cupcake! you do sound a bit stressed! i suffered from adult acne and it taught me loads about how self-confidence can be really affected by these things but also how you feel much more self-conscious.

with clienetele, the elastalogy range is aimed at any range to help maintain flexibility in the skin. the estrolift is for older skins aimed at trying to give the skin an injection of estrogeon and so maintain youthfulness.

i think from your post that elastology would be more suitable...but i am not sure...btw, have you thought of a b-vit supplement - it will help with the stress and lack of sleep and feeling run down also try rhodiola (but this is a little harder to find) which is great for stress and anti-aging. good luck x

I like Clientele products - Estro-lift facial wash,nourishing oils and neck cream/neck envy but love Pat's serums especially the intentsive serum, i put it all over my face,neck and decollette under my moisturiser and have had great results. My advice would be to slot a serum into your routine - maybe the intensive one? There are many money saving sets so check the website for the best value - there is a trio of serums and an intensive serum with neck cream that come to mind and are good value. Hope you find something that suits. As someone else said the Elastology is for 9-90 and the Estrolift is designed for pre/post menopause and older skins.

Have you considered facial excercises? This might help with the hollows on your cheek area and nasal folds and maybe give you a "lift". QVC used to sell a facial excercise product - a type of small ball which was placed at various places around the neck area to exercise different parts of the face/neck. The woman who designed it was about 70+ but looked in her fifties - she looked great. Opening your mouth wide and doing a chewing motion is a good one.

I like Clientele products - Estro-lift facial wash,nourishing oils and neck cream/neck envy but love Pat's serums especially the intentsive serum, i put it all over my face,neck and decollette under my moisturiser and have had great results. My advice would be to slot a serum into your routine - maybe the intensive one? There are many money saving sets so check the website for the best value - there is a trio of serums and an intensive serum with neck cream that come to mind and are good value. Hope you find something that suits. As someone else said the Elastology is for 9-90 and the Estrolift is designed for pre/post menopause and older skins.

Have you considered facial excercises? This might help with the hollows on your cheek area and nasal folds and maybe give you a "lift". QVC used to sell a facial excercise product - a type of small ball which was placed at various places around the neck area to exercise different parts of the face/neck. The woman who designed it was about 70+ but looked in her fifties - she looked great. Opening your mouth wide and doing a chewing motion is a good one.

This sounds v interesting...there is something QVCUS sells that is similar but you can only get from Rosemary Conley in the UK - face flex I think it is called - but the one you describe sounds better. The face flex is always on youtube but would love to know about the other exerciser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81tCp2IjlxU

Hi cupcake! you do sound a bit stressed! i suffered from adult acne and it taught me loads about how self-confidence can be really affected by these things but also how you feel much more self-conscious.

with clienetele, the elastalogy range is aimed at any range to help maintain flexibility in the skin. the estrolift is for older skins aimed at trying to give the skin an injection of estrogeon and so maintain youthfulness.

i think from your post that elastology would be more suitable...but i am not sure...btw, have you thought of a b-vit supplement - it will help with the stress and lack of sleep and feeling run down also try rhodiola (but this is a little harder to find) which is great for stress and anti-aging. good luck x

Thanks Livelovelaugh! That's very helpful. Will look at the Elastology range - and the Rhodiola supplement.

Wow, thanks QVC Princess! I shall definitely look at that one.

Y'know ... I actually have a book on facial exercises at home (Carol maggio I think). Found it hard to fit in in twice a day, then I read somewhere that doing them can cause more lines! Will dig it out when I get home and try to slot ones for those specific areas in every day.

Thats the one Cupcake - Carol Maggio - she looked great for her age. I dont know about the exercises causing more lines:eek:i hope not eh!! but anything is worth a try.
Another thing to suggest is the Elemis Quartz Lifting Serum - its expensive in its full size about £70+ for 30ml but if you can get a 10ml size(in one of Keeley's kits) it works out not so expensive and i've had great results with the lines between the nose and mouth(are these nasal folds?) - a little over these lines and just under the chin(particularly on the jaw bone area) has worked wonders for my face shape.
I hope you get there babe and have a great holiday in greecex

Another thing to suggest is the Elemis Quartz Lifting Serum - its expensive in its full size about £70+ for 30ml but if you can get a 10ml size(in one of Keeley's kits) it works out not so expensive and i've had great results with the lines between the nose and mouth(are these nasal folds?) - a little over these lines and just under the chin(particularly on the jaw bone area) has worked wonders for my face shape.
I hope you get there babe and have a great holiday in greecex

yes those are the ones - pesky blighters! One is more noticeable than the other. Never really got on with any Elemis stuff before so think I will try Clientele first, then maybe Elemis that if I am desperate - and haven't resorted to fillers, LOL!!!

Basically skin is looking kind of saggy so I need a lift! Been under tremendous stress lately and not been sleeping well for a month or more, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Treat yourself to a nice facial or something too. It'll boost your skin, help you relax and maybe help you get a good sleep as well!

xx

cupcake, I have chronic insomnia and it has now started to show in my skin and around the eyes.
I've been thinking of having my first facial in order to give myself a boost and up the confidence levels too.
I haven't so far found any skincare which has really helped but would be interested to hear how you get on with any that you try.
All the best hon. xxxxxxxx

cupcake, I have chronic insomnia and it has now started to show in my skin and around the eyes.
I've been thinking of having my first facial in order to give myself a boost and up the confidence levels too.
I haven't so far found any skincare which has really helped but would be interested to hear how you get on with any that you try.
All the best hon. xxxxxxxx

Yes I will keep you posted Yolanda. I've had Dermalogica facials in the past and they have been very nice as they incorporate a hand / shoulder or foot massage. It's not something I do regularly though as it's expensive!

I ordered the Clientele Elastology Fortifier as the firming serum was out of stock. Will let you know how I get on.

Hope you feel better soon
xxx

Treat yourself to a nice facial or something too. It'll boost your skin, help you relax and maybe help you get a good sleep as well!

xx

Thanks PG! Might try that. As I just said to Yolanda, I've had Dermalogica ones in the past. Can you recommend any good ones? My gym has does Elemis ones but my face isn't keen on their stuff, LOL!

Thanks PG! Might try that. As I just said to Yolanda, I've had Dermalogica ones in the past. Can you recommend any good ones? My gym has does Elemis ones but my face isn't keen on their stuff, LOL!

My gym has elemis too, they had gatineau before and I miss them!

I really rate the dermalogica facials, I alwys see an improvement in my skin after them. I also like Darphin and Espa, but I don't know what their vegan friendly status is. Or how about Ren? I know a few salons do those, I had a mini Ren facial a while ago and my skin was really glowing after.

My gym has elemis too, they had gatineau before and I miss them!

I really rate the dermalogica facials, I alwys see an improvement in my skin after them. I also like Darphin and Espa, but I don't know what their vegan friendly status is. Or how about Ren? I know a few salons do those, I had a mini Ren facial a while ago and my skin was really glowing after.

Thanks PG. can't find anything about REN doing facials ... in fact, there seems to be a distinct lack of 'green / cruetly free' facials/spas out there. Maybe I need to open a spa ... :)

Latest posts

Back