the one that got away

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Milly

Registered Shopper
:(:( hi guys
just a quick post to say thanks for the support last night
for those on the chat about 10o'clock will know i requested a gents gold wedding ring(30th anniversary coming up )
sadly the price shot passed what i could afford and even though i kept going i realised i was against a determined apponent and decided i had to pull out i guess it was'nt meant to be on that one .Another day another ring .Shame i spent so much in the last month on all the other bling will need to save a bit more lol..
see you tonight i've no doubt off to work now to earn a bit more for Steve ha ha !

Don't worry Milly, you did the right thing.

I requested a ring last week then got caught up in a bidding war for it. I should have done the sensible thing like you did, but I got carried away, won the ring & now I regret it so it's going back (nobody's fault but my own!)

Better wait until you're happy with the jewellery and the price - something else will come along.

Last edited:
:) hi yes was rooting for you it does get intense at times especially when you request and want something , perhaps you could request again tonight i would if i was you dont give up ....

Awe!! yes that was a shame Milly I was rooting for you too!
never mind eh! you may see something even better before
your anniversary!!:)

To be honest Milly, I think that on the high end pieces prices are going up a lot now - the cheaper silver bits and yellow gold items seem to be lower than ever, but the big chunky silver and especially the bigger carat gold/diamond rings are going way over where they were. That's got to be good news for Steve & Co, but not so great for us bargainhunters! And I bet he's still not covering his costs, I imagine it will only go even higher in future.
I'm sure that the items I nearly went for a couple of weeks ago at under £100 are tending to be nearer £150 now - and of course I'm kicking myself!!! But equally, it would be nice to think that Rocks are getting a bit more money so they can keep on air!
I must admit I've been wary of requesting items recently, as the price in my head tends to be lower than the price they're going for - and I have in the past gone over my budget on items I've requested, just so I don't look tight! I do find my estimates of how much something will cost need revising upwards these days.
I certainly can't blame you for sticking to your budget, and I hope that you get your dream ring soon hun.

I'd definitely agree on the prices generally going higher now Anne.

I particularly noticed it because I had a fortnight's break from the site (holiday - no other reason! :tongue) ...

I would think the white gold diamond solitaire on Friday will draw a lot of new people to the site as well, as I would guess it is being advertised all over the place.

Good for them (they deserve it) - hopefully my head will stop me from bidding so much, now that the prices are going a bit higher - though it's not working so far! :lol

I agree that the prices are going higher as more new people (competition!) join the auctions. I'm glad that I've managed to win some lovely bargains in the early days and am happy for the Rocks crew that things are beginning to take off with their business venture.

I will now have to set a strict maximum amount when I bid and try not to get carried away in the moment! It's such fun when you decide to bid for something though isn't it.....a bit of an adrenalin rush somehow!

One thing I will say is that the customer service and interaction is absolutely fantastic. You are made to feel that you really matter ...no matter how small your order or how silly your query!

I can't help feeling that other jewellery channels will be feeling the effect as more and more people jump ship!

:Dthanks for your replies i think the person bidding against me in the end was a newbie did'nt recognise the name but best of luck to him no hard feelings thats what the auctions are about really getting the best price
I maybe was a bit nieve to think as so many new people have joined i would get it but i budgeted 50% more than last time i saw it never mind i'm sure something else will come along and blow my mind at a price ican afford we have been lucky to get in on the start with really good prices see you later:D:D

Hi Milly, I caught the end of that auction, and I too thought it had gone quite high for that piece. I agree, the prices are going up, with all the new people registering on the site, so I mainly watch now, whenever I can - my CC has taken a bit of a bash! I didn't know that you had requested the ring, but maybe it's best to wait until something else comes along.

I definitely agree that the higher end pieces are usually going for a lot more. I bought a blue diamond piece on Monday and paid almost the website price for it. I was still happy to pay it as they didn't make many and I knew I was going to love it and I've done well on most of my other pieces. :4:

I wonder if they're going to put more expensive pieces on now? I'm looking forward to the solitaire tomorrow but if any of you see me bid it's because I've had a few too many, so stop me please! :5:

Sorry you missed out Milly, what did it go for in the end?

So sorry you missed out Milly. That must have been so disappointing for you.:( I applaud you for having some self control. I have a hard time stopping once I get started.:eek: Hope you can find something even nicer and at an even better price very soon.

BC - I'd love to see your blue diamond ring too. I'm glad you loved it when you got it home.

The great thing is, though, if you get caught up in the bidding and afterwards realise you made a mistake, you can always send it back - so don't have to feel guilty and regretful.

bidding is like a curate's egg at the moment - both good and bad. certain pieces are going up as they come to air several times. nice to see one or two newer designs.

much as i'd love to bid on the diamond ring tomorrow, it is bound to go way beyond my cheap seats budget! i shall sit on the sidelines and sigh very loudy lol. :rolleyes:

The great thing is, though, if you get caught up in the bidding and afterwards realise you made a mistake, you can always send it back - so don't have to feel guilty and regretful.

This is true MissM, but if you are bidding above your limit and you just carry on because you know you can send it back, somebody else who really wants and can afford it will miss out or pay much more than they otherwise would have done. This is why I now put in my maximum bid (same on ebay) and leave it at that. If I don't win it, hopefully the person who does, really wants and appreciates it.

Hi Panda bear i think that was who i was up against is there something i should know ?
Whats the reason for saying ask for it again.Sorry if i'm a bit slow on the up take here i can be a bit dim at times I think it ended at £175 i bid upto £165

Hi Panda bear i think that was who i was up against is there something i should know ?
Whats the reason for saying ask for it again.Sorry if i'm a bit slow on the up take here i can be a bit dim at times I think it ended at £175 i bid upto £165

Milly, it probably only ended at £175 because you stopped bidding, it could have ended up going much higher if you'd stayed in so you did the right thing IYSWIM. If you look at the CR website there's some lovely gents gold/diamond rings for up to £269 that look gorgeous. You could always email John and see if he'll do you a deal as a good customer, I'm sure he'll do his best?

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=CS012 £239
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=QS938 £169

hi basket case actually I was offered a choice but chose that particular design because the channel set could'nt be sized up enough(hubby has huge paws not hands )lol and he would only wear yellow gold a bit old fashioned like that he did'nt know i was going for it so no harm done I'll just keep looking but thanks for you advice got a few weeks left to hunt something down :)

Latest posts

Back