The one that nearly got away.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

perdita

not impressed.....
Just thought I'd let those of you who were around on Tuesday evening know the end of the story!

I had bought some pink topaz earrings at the weekend for one of my daughters and had been hoping the matching ring would come up for auction. Some of us started to request a pink topaz ring in the chat box and there was some confusion! The wrong ring was put on early and the one I had hoped for was to be in the 7pm hour. The upshot was, the person who wanted the "5pm ring" missed their auction as they had expected it in the 7pm hour. Steve realised what had happened and said "my" ring would be on after 9pm.

To make matters worse, I kept watching as long as I could and just as I logged off, the ring I wanted came up! I logged back on, stuck in a quick bid and had to rush out to collect my son. I had chalked the whole thing up to bad timing and had resigned myself to hoping the ring would come up again sometime soon.

Unknown to me, lovely Bonbon bid on my behalf and won the item! So, we are now liaising and she is going to send it on to me and Tony will send me a new certificate with my name on it!

It is just further proof that you are such a terrific bunch of people on here ....where else would you find someone prepared to go that extra mile for someone they really don't know?!

Bonbon...you're a star! Mwah!

Last edited:
Well done. That was very sweet of bonbon (pardon the pun!). I hope the ring is every bit as lovely as you had expected :)

:D was watching with anxiety at that auction ,we were all shouting at you "where are you" etc ... and NOOOOO she's not back yet !!!! wat a lovely gesture on behalf of BONBON well done to all.p.s i might not be around much tomorrow when the stunning solitaire is on hint ! lol :D

Hiya Sara/Daisy! We've probably chatted to each other over there without realising that we do actually know each other!!!

See you there later no doubt! :)

Hiya Sara/Daisy! We've probably chatted to each other over there without realising that we do actually know each other!!!

See you there later no doubt! :)

I'm trying to be good today (have bought too much this week!) though find it very hard to resist .... I need help! :rolleyes

When I first registered on Rocks it said something along the lines of "don't use your real name" - so hence Daisy (as my name on here is my real one) - but it's all got too confusing ....:lol

When I first registered on Rocks it said something along the lines of "don't use your real name" - so hence Daisy (as my name on here is my real one) - but it's all got too confusing ....:lol

Exactly why I'm PearlyQueen there Sara, but I find I prefer it to my real name these days! Should I change here do you think or will everyone just be even more confused :confused:?

Exactly why I'm PearlyQueen there Sara, but I find I prefer it to my real name these days! Should I change here do you think or will everyone just be even more confused :confused:?

If you want to change it Anne, go for it - when I got rid of my "kk" on my name, Graham asked me to add formerly sarakk under my name for a couple of weeks - and in your case if you have to add, formerly AnneC, that would be a big improvement on what you have there at the moment ..... :tongue :biggrin
(hopes Anne hasn't lost her sense of humour!)

Well Anne, we all know you love pearls so why not change here if you like being PearlyQueen?! You could put something like "previously Anne C" underneath for a few days/weeks till everyone has seen it!

I would have used "perdita" on Rocks but Princess Racer had already registered under that name initially so it was unavailable. She has somehow managed to keep both names there. We sometimes like to cause a bit of mayhem over the perdy/perdi mix-up!!

ps Was typing this as Sara was posting her reply!! Great minds, eh Sara?!

Last edited:
Glad you have got it all sorted hun, it was very nice of bon bon to bid for you, its nice to know there are still some real 'gems' out there :D

what a fabulous thing for bonbon to have done. am so glad you're getting your ring perdita.

if it's the cushion cut solitaire, it's fabulous - I've seen Pepsi's IRL and swooned over it!

It's the smaller pink topaz one, Sammi. The heart-shape one that matches the earrings. It's for my wee girl! Still bowled over by Bonbon's kindness!

Latest posts

Back