QVC Beauty Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
The QVC Beauty Channel is going to be on Sky(658) and Freesat(816) from Tuesday 26th October.

New Channel!

I have just received a parcel from QVC and there is a small card enclosed advertising a new channel. They are going to have a dedicated beauty channel - Sky 658, Freesat 816. It starts Tuesday 26th October. The card says that all the glamorous names are going with them, including Elemis, Decleor, Ojon, Bare Escentuals, Leighton Denny and more. Interesting eh!!

I have Virgin, not Freesat or Sky - does that mean I won't have access to the new channel? & will they still have beauty on the normal channel as well?

Sorry for all the questions but if I can't watch beauty shows I won't bother watching at all, I'm not interested in crafting, electronic gizmos or homewares & don't like the majority of the 'fashion' so this will destroy QVC for me :sad:

I wish they would set up a seperate channel for crafting, as those who are crafters would probably benefit a lot more from more detailed demos/presentations, and those of us who have no interest would not have to be bored senseless with full blimmin days of it....:headbang:

I have Virgin, not Freesat or Sky - does that mean I won't have access to the new channel? & will they still have beauty on the normal channel as well?

Sorry for all the questions but if I can't watch beauty shows I won't bother watching at all, I'm not interested in crafting, electronic gizmos or homewares & don't like the majority of the 'fashion' so this will destroy QVC for me :sad:

I wish they would set up a seperate channel for crafting, as those who are crafters would probably benefit a lot more from more detailed demos/presentations, and those of us who have no interest would not have to be bored senseless with full blimmin days of it....:headbang:

can't answer the question for you Gemster but am sure somebody will be able to. Like you tho I tend to watch only beauty, with a bit of jewellery thrown in, and I dip in & out of other hours just to see what's happening - a separate beauty channel is a good idea in theory I suppose but I'm sure it'll all be the same old same old so we'll all soon be sick of seeing that. I don't like "Days" - like sorry but I'm not into craft at all so won't be watching anything today. Tomorrow is "Eeek" day, yes, I'll watch some but can't possibly sit all day, for starters I'm off to see my Dad in the morning...I suppose we can all catch up with things via the website which is one good thing...perhaps the best thing sometimes when we're all teed off with the presenters...:nod:

thanks Carol, yes I do watch some jewellery shows too and whilst I do like eeeek I agree a whole day of anything is too much! but the craft ones particularly annoy me as I can't even dip in and out, have no interest in any of it :yawn:

And yes it may be a good thing if I can't watch so much beauty, I'd be much more likely just to go on the website and order things I need rather than getting tempted by the demos. I don't buy that many lotions and potions any more but am still an absolute sucker for make-up and nail varnish :taphead:

I think they are referring to the QVC Beauty Channel that is currently available to view on Sky interactive - it is just repeats of demos from previous beauty shows on a continuous loop. There are no live shows on this channel.

I would imagine that setting up seperate channels comes down to revenue. If you take the cost of beauty products on QVC especially when you take the "supercream/serum and treatment" prices into account - Elemis,Decleor and Gatineau, then i would imagine that beauty products bring QVC a tidy profit margin. If you consider the lowest beauty price being around the £20 mark and the highest going into the high tens and sometimes into the hundreds(100ml PCMC) then compare it to a craft item - lowest cost being around £15(i'm not a crafter so i may be wrong) and the highest being around the £50/£60 mark for storage and crafting "machinery"(sorry! i cant think of the name) then i think beauty is the clear winner hence the seperate channel - i would imagine that a seperate craft channel would be in the pipeline in the future?

Last edited:
I think they are referring to the QVC Beauty Channel that is currently available to view on Sky interactive - it is just repeats of demos from previous beauty shows on a continuous loop. There are no live shows on this channel.

I've checked with CS and the new Beauty Channel is exactly what Suzy_Pie refers to, i.e. the existing one that runs on the web/Sky interactive, but now is going to be aired on the above mentioned Sky/Freeview channels. No live shows, just repeats.

I've checked with CS and the new Beauty Channel is exactly what Suzy_Pie refers to, i.e. the existing one that runs on the web/Sky interactive, but now is going to be aired on the above mentioned Sky/Freeview channels. No live shows, just repeats.

I am a Sky customer but think it is such a shame that Virgin customers will miss out - QVC should continue to run the web/interactive service - although as i've said in another post i suppose it comes down to cost - QVC's cost continuing to run the service and Virgin's cost buying it from Sky - they are obviously not buying it at the mo,shame.

thanks everyone, I feel less hard done to now that I know it's just the repeats on a loop, can live without that! Was just worried they would shove ALL the beauty shows on there and I'd be left watching endless hours of Northern Shites and Kim & Co :dull:

...and I hope they learn to edit together the clips more smoothly...it's a bit amateurish at the mo!

Jude xx

Looks like it won't be on Freeview so I won't be watching.
Can't get near Sky for all the sport OH watches!!

It'll be interesting to see this on a watchable screen. I haven't gone down the road of having a TV the size of my local Odeon and on Sky interactive, it's like trying to watch an animated postage stamp. Text on there is completely unreadable. I agree with the editing too - it's pretty bad right now. I know it must be difficult to make "clean cuts" when editing shows, but it needs to be improved somehow.

New Beauty Channel

How will this work ? I assume you will still be able to buy etc when products are bering shown. What happens if shows are months old ?

Are we going to be able to buy at old prices, on easy pay etc ?

What a great start

Just watched the launch of the new beauty channel. They need to get the sync sorted out. And who is the first person we see after AY. Jill Franks :headbang:

QVC Beauty

Oh dear, not the best of starts, is it? The audio is so out of synch it's like watching a badly dubbed Jackie Chan movie or a cheap spaghetti western :D And JF too! Wooooo!

I guess we need to give it time and see how it goes :) I had expected more of a fanfare at the launch.

The more I look at Decleor hours, the more I feel Fiona is a terrible rep for them. She frequently looks untidy around her head ( does she use the same hairdresser as AY ? ) & her clothes look rumpled. The phrase ''dragged through a hedge backwards '' always springs to my mind whenever I see her.

I know! sometimes she's almost blinded by her fringe as well which makes it a bit off putting when someone is blinking away constantly.

I think she knows her stuff but she could do with a wee revamp, I always love the plain black beautician outfits, looks smart and black as we know is very slimming, hence why I tend to look like Morticia Adams most days! :wink:

I know! sometimes she's almost blinded by her fringe as well which makes it a bit off putting when someone is blinking away constantly.

I think she knows her stuff but she could do with a wee revamp, I always love the plain black beautician outfits, looks smart and black as we know is very slimming, hence why I tend to look like Morticia Adams most days! :wink:

Fiona wears the official Decleor outfit when she is on QVC, it is the same outfit that is worn by all the Decleor counter staff and beauty therapists.

Latest posts

Back