Judith Williams - Cobblars Awls!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MsTrouble

Registered Shopper
Oh yay, oh yay - please be seated fair shoppers .....

Yes! Dearest beauty shoppers/junkies we have a contender for the Martian skin cream (er..from Mars made by Prai and not Mars the chocolate) containing Platinum well really Hematite but that doesn't sound so luxuuuuriouuuss but we will use Platinum for Marketing purposes so people think luxury and extravagance.

Now JW proudly presents a Diamond Collagen pen containing diamonds! (well diamond powder to be exact) and a fantastic active ingredient complex called Diamagen....hmmm....which doesn't really exist anywhere that I can see and noticed that it does not have a Trademark symbol BUT the ingredients do match a trademarked ingredient called 'Trylagen' the difference between this and JW's is that she has added Diamond powder for radiance. On her website it says the following:

Premium anti-ageing care

Immerse yourself in the world of glamour and enjoy the feeling of sheer luxury on your skin! With its unique active ingredient complex DIAMAGEN, Luxury Diamond targets the demands made by more mature skin and ensures a radiant complexion!

:wait: 'Luxury Diamond targets the demands made by a more mature skin' - what????

There's even a 'scientific' video to go with it:
http://www.judith-williams.co.uk/cosmetics/luxury-diamond.html

It's the Trylagen that is working on collagen and not the addition of diamond that gives a cosmetic effect of luminosity/radiance.

I know I have mentioned it before but I am really really bugged by the word 'luxury' when it comes to beauty products and also the trend for adding gems and precious metals in skincare that doesn't do very much except giving the skin radiance. By giving it the name of a metal/gem like, Gold, Platinum, Diamond etc we are led to believe that it is something special in anti ageing and gives the brand justification to charge a premium price.

The fact in comes in a pen leads you to think that it is highly concentrated and packed with ingredients. JW's pen is only 15ml and with p+p costs £28.35. If you check out Skin Doctors Antarctilyne Plump 3 which also contains Trylagen you get 50ml for £17.99 + £1.95from Cheapsmells.

I just don't swallow all this luxury cosmetic stuff at affordable prices…a load of cobblers awls!

Rant over and feel much better for getting that off my chest!

:bandit:

Platinum and diamonds in skin care, no thanks!

Although, I wouldn't say no if they put it in a ring!:happy:

The companies like Prai and JW that don't have the scope for proper independent scientific research, feel they have to employ cheap marketing tactics to get noticed. And this is all of course, exclusively brought to us by QVC and sourced from none other than Mars or in the case of JW dug deep from within the bowels of the Earth!:mysmilie_85:
I am sure some of their creams are perfectly acceptable and pleasant to use, but without the hype they are not dissimilar to what you can buy in Superdrug or Boots (for 1/5 of the price). If it wasn't for the unlikely ingredients that they boast about, they cannot justify their products as 'luxury', can they?. After all, luxury never comes cheap...so jump to the phones!:headbang:

:talking:

I came across another of her products called 'Wrinkle Relax Line Smoothing Serum' which has a ' unique botumix complex' to smooth out expression lines. Botumix is another ingredient that seems to be only in her cream with no information.

I reckon these names are made up as she goes along! They all sound like other well known ingredients, she always stresses it is not the same as Botox as it is an injection which is true but all the same.

Some formulas are accumulative which could take months to take effect and in some cases none at all, it only has to have a minuscule amount and they can say whatever they like.

Oh, I'm in a good mood this evening! :cheeky:

pippa looks like she is struggling to be be enthusiastic.

Judy W looks like a cadaver.

the ad where she talks about the skins Llllllllllllllustre puts the willies up me and not in a good way. :giggle:

Well I love her stuff. I have noticed a massive difference in my skin since I started using her products that I would prefer to use hers rather than Decleor , Gatineau etc. Its economical as that large pot of cream really does last well over 6 months. I started using mine at the beginning of April & have only just reached the bottom of the pot. Her face mask is to die for as is the night cream & the neck cream.

Well I love her stuff. I have noticed a massive difference in my skin since I started using her products that I would prefer to use hers rather than Decleor , Gatineau etc. Its economical as that large pot of cream really does last well over 6 months. I started using mine at the beginning of April & have only just reached the bottom of the pot. Her face mask is to die for as is the night cream & the neck cream.

I've tried it and blamed it for breaking me out so I dropped it - however, when I've finished my current regime I'm going to have another go just to see what happens, as I do actually like it, and as you say Lilian, it's a lovely large pot of cream!

I must say I find it astonishing that even in a world which can at times appear to have its priorities wrong, NASA et al are spending money trying to reach other planets not to try and discover alternative energy sources, cures for fatal diseases, information on other life forms which will push the boundaries of human knowledge and endeavour etc...but solely to bring anti-ageing skincare ingredients to those in the West. I wonder if Buzz Aldrin is wrinkle-free? :wonder: :giggle:

That said, I have to agree with lillian here, my skin responds really well to Judith Williams' stuff and it is very well priced IMHO, especially those ginormous super-supersize pots she does. I just wish the sales patter was more along the lines of: "It's a really well priced face cream." :clapping:

Well I've been using a different brand of moisturiser of late (have used Lizzy Fibbynickers Earles one for ages) and can honestly say I've noticed no difference whatsoever since changing, the new one also smells nice, has a lovely consistency and is in a big old pot. The brand, here goes.... Aldi's own :giggle:. It cost me about £4. I've also now got their concealer pen thing - their version of a Touche Eclat but a fraction of the price at about £4 again, which is also fabbydabbydoodah so I shall be buying both again and also seeing what else they do. Not a martian / diamond etc in sight but does the job for me. I've been sooooo guilty in the past of being a name snob when it comes to skincare and so on but Ive decided not to any more. :nod:
I like to use natural products, specially for things the kids use too, but again Ive been looking for cheaper alternatives. Found a good shampoodle and condish range in Boots recently called Naked which are really nice and only £3.99 a bottle. :up:

Well I've been using a different brand of moisturiser of late (have used Lizzy Fibbynickers Earles one for ages) and can honestly say I've noticed no difference whatsoever since changing, the new one also smells nice, has a lovely consistency and is in a big old pot. The brand, here goes.... Aldi's own :giggle:. It cost me about £4. I've also now got their concealer pen thing - their version of a Touche Eclat but a fraction of the price at about £4 again, which is also fabbydabbydoodah so I shall be buying both again and also seeing what else they do. Not a martian / diamond etc in sight but does the job for me. I've been sooooo guilty in the past of being a name snob when it comes to skincare and so on but Ive decided not to any more. :nod:
I like to use natural products, specially for things the kids use too, but again Ive been looking for cheaper alternatives. Found a good shampoodle and condish range in Boots recently called Naked which are really nice and only £3.99 a bottle. :up:

I tried that Aldi "miracle cream" that was in all the papers, but that broke me out too! I have got the concealer pen tho..brill...I'm always up for trying things out but having sensitive skin often it doesn't work for me. I did try the Naked thickening shampoo & cond but I didn't like that - I couldn't get my brush into my hair to blow dry it..must have coated it. I'm still using my 2 for £1 Elida shampoos from Tesco and I must say they seem to be working well for me :up:

Despite all the flim-flam I have to say I quite like the look of JW's range - you get a lot for your cash and despite some of the twaddle she occasionally comes out with (she said something about one of her creams being 'good for your DNA' last night) I think if I wasn't so in love with A'kin I'd give it all a go. In fact, I'm running a bit low on the old A'kin moisturiser - and have just been over to the famous auction site to see if there is anything of JWs going cheeeeeeeap for me to try.

In other news, amn - I also love the Naked range from Boots - their Detox shampoo is lovely (a bit drying, but there is a lovely conditioner to go with), and also I've found their intensive conditioners are super too. Very nicely priced and they work!

I have to say I have been really impressed with Judith Williams range.
I am 51 and dont have problematic skin or loads of wrinkles, but my skin feels lovely and I have had several compliments recently.
I'm not sure if I am" Gerrlowing" but I certainly have felt benefits for using it.
Oh and the Rose serum is gorgeous!!

I tried that Aldi "miracle cream" that was in all the papers, but that broke me out too! I have got the concealer pen tho..brill...I'm always up for trying things out but having sensitive skin often it doesn't work for me. I did try the Naked thickening shampoo & cond but I didn't like that - I couldn't get my brush into my hair to blow dry it..must have coated it. I'm still using my 2 for £1 Elida shampoos from Tesco and I must say they seem to be working well for me :up:

I'm using the new Rainforest range from Bodyshop. I nearly had a fit that they had retired their honey shampoo & conditioner but the assistant in BS suggested I tried the new one & its lovely. Gorgeous smell.

Will have to give the concealer a go in Aldi. I have got their mascara & thats really good. I too have been a real snob about getting '' good'' products ( bit of brain washing from AY I think:blush: ) & I got very lazy thinking I just order what I want from QVC instead of going out & looking.

Me too BM, my hair was like candy floss, I had high hopes for this range too. I now use Organix vanilla shamp. and it's fab for me, defrizzes and softens. Smells quite sweet but not unpleasant. Tried the La Coupe from Q for frizz and it done nothing for me, quite drying actually, sent back, but their straightening cream for blow drying is fab and have re-ordered on four occasions, which speaks volumes, although a bit pricey.

I'm using the new Rainforest range from Bodyshop. I nearly had a fit that they had retired their honey shampoo & conditioner but the assistant in BS suggested I tried the new one & its lovely. Gorgeous smell.

Will have to give the concealer a go in Aldi. I have got their mascara & thats really good. I too have been a real snob about getting '' good'' products ( bit of brain washing from AY I think:blush: ) & I got very lazy thinking I just order what I want from QVC instead of going out & looking.

Ooh, that sounds good Lilian, how would you describe the fragrance of Rainforest? That's your starter for ten! I like the sound of it tho. Yes I think we've all been brainwashed by AY and QVC, they certainly had me thinking that I must use premium products or I would be a worthless person!!

Me too BM, my hair was like candy floss, I had high hopes for this range too. I now use Organix vanilla shamp. and it's fab for me, defrizzes and softens. Smells quite sweet but not unpleasant. Tried the La Coupe from Q for frizz and it done nothing for me, quite drying actually, sent back, but their straightening cream for blow drying is fab and have re-ordered on four occasions, which speaks volumes, although a bit pricey.

not heard of the Organix LIAM, where do you get that from? I don't have frizz mind you, my hair is fine and a bit lifeless (bit like its owner now I think of it!) - I need help with the volume more than anything. I've only ever tried the Aveda thru QVC, mostly I use any old thing that comes along, even my ABC Skinwash on occasion! Must admit that my hair is usually pretty well-behaved and doesn't throw a flounce like my skin does when I experiment with different products!

not heard of the Organix LIAM, where do you get that from? I don't have frizz mind you, my hair is fine and a bit lifeless (bit like its owner now I think of it!) - I need help with the volume more than anything. I've only ever tried the Aveda thru QVC, mostly I use any old thing that comes along, even my ABC Skinwash on occasion! Must admit that my hair is usually pretty well-behaved and doesn't throw a flounce like my skin does when I experiment with different products!

Boots do Organix, they have three diff. shampoos, coconut milk, pomegranate and green tea and vanilla silk, £5.25, and you only need a small amount of the vanilla as it is very rich, I have not tried the other two. They are also on 3 for 2 at the mo which is good, I don't use the conditioner as my hair loves Tresemme cond. so can't advise on that but at 3 for 2 it is worth a risk. I would say I keep shampoo off my face when showering as I have very sensitive skin and can react to most things and have to err on the side of caution all the time! Google Boots and read the reviews before deciding.

Despite all the flim-flam I have to say I quite like the look of JW's range - you get a lot for your cash and despite some of the twaddle she occasionally comes out with (she said something about one of her creams being 'good for your DNA' last night) I think if I wasn't so in love with A'kin I'd give it all a go.
I agree, the pots are salon sizes and good value and I have tried it but it is the twaddle that annoys me and that it misleads people. I wasn't getting at her entire range just the odd products that claim some miracle wonder containing gold, diamond etc that only their brand has and discovered on a mission to Mars when really it is not that ingredient at all that is doing the work but something else but they are not breaking any rules either.

She said in the evening show that the ingredient Diamagen is exclusive to her range (wonder if someone mentioned this forum? :nod:) now that's why I could not find it anywhere! Same goes for Botumix.

I have to also agree with another poster regarding Aldi's Lacura range. I have used their eye cream (not bad) the Neck & Decollete cream, Skin Structuring Body Cream both 200ml in size and only £4.99 each and the Naturals Hylauronic Serum from their Premium range which was also £4.99. This serum had almost identical ingredients to one of the Prai ones and was most impressed. Premium ingredients for a fraction of the price :nod:

Ooh, that sounds good Lilian, how would you describe the fragrance of Rainforest? That's your starter for ten! I like the sound of it tho. Yes I think we've all been brainwashed by AY and QVC, they certainly had me thinking that I must use premium products or I would be a worthless person!!

Bit difficult to describe but I suppose a honey sort of smell. I think its got quite a fresh smell to it. I used the moisture one. My hair is fine but lots of it & it seems to like it .

Latest posts

Back