Liz Earle under possible new ownership?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I read about this at the weekend.

She will lose even more customers if L'Oreal or Proctor do buy Avon out.
They are big into animal testing for everything.

Another good reason not to use it............................:talking: I stopped using LE products a while ago, glad I have.

Can I ask how Liz Earle and her brand is now positioned within Avon I haven't heard her say anything on QVC. :thinking:

I think liz is probably ok with the globalization and everything, after all, getting her brand 'out there', spreading the net beyond the shores of old blighty and it's pesky critics - lone voices in the wildness tho' they be - was surely part of the masterplan. ;)

I think liz is probably ok with the globalization and everything, after all, getting her brand 'out there', spreading the net beyond the shores of old blighty and it's pesky critics - lone voices in the wildness tho' they be - was surely part of the masterplan. ;)

Though I understood maybe wrong it wasn't her brand but Avon's since they bought it for an undisclosed sum of millions.

:flower:

well, yeah, bags, it's avon's - I'm just referring to the fact that she still fronts it on qvc and her name's on it.

... it's avon's but because her name's on it, she still cares about it's image, I reckon (and in that sense, it's 'her brand').

I guess she is like Tova in that she sits on the board still and is the spokesperson for the brand as they once owned it.

Disappointed about the whole thing really, not so much LE but large companies in general dominating and owing everything. Avon have been around a long time and never imagined that they would be taken over.

I only used the term 'her brand' loosely because her name is still on the products and she still appears on qvc, but yes it belongs to avon; maybe she has no say in things at all and avon can do whatever they like, but I would imagine that part of the deal with avon was that she has some involvement (for a while, anyway) in keeping up it's image as a good 'natural' product range, and she maybe also made sure part of the deal was keeping safe the liz earle worker's jobs on the isle of whyte. But who knows what's further down the line, if avon is bought over by some bigger concern - will liz still have any involvement in the 'liz earle' brand?

I agree MsTrouble it's probably like tova - thanks for that. And I so agree with you on your disappointment about all these these large companies taking over and dominating the market.

Blimey, she has a teasmade!!

Don't we all go out to the garden and pick our lunch?

Isn't she just oh so perfect, nibbling on her piece of cheese and finishing off her half glass of wine. just going off now to pick my lunch!

don't you just hate these "perfect" women..?!

why perfect??? If you had her money you would have her help: someone taking the kids to school and pick up, someone to prepare meals and clean up, do the washing, ironing, cleaning the bathrooms, hoovering and dusting, and you come home to eat banana cake with the children whilst listening to them read (someone else preparing it of course, and cleaning it up) and then you take the children and dog and pushchiar for a walk whilst someone else prepares your diner.
Ahh I am sooo envious as I am preparing to do all that myslef today
We are the superwome, as we have to do all that ourselfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Day On A Plate by Cavegirl (age 30 years and 11 months)

7am lie awake in bed fretting about the day

7.30am Get up, fret some more - flick kettle on. Drink 3 mugs of strong black tea and force a few cornflakes down my mush

11.30am After a stressful morning of job hunting - sending CV off to companies and sifting through rejection e-mails and letters, flick kettle back on for another cup of strong tea. Try to force a sandwich down and fret some more

13.00pm Tackle housework - hoovering, a big pile of clothes to wash and dry and then the ironing. Fret that while you're doing housework you're not job hunting and therefore missing out on jobs.

15.30pm Flick kettle on again, try to force a snack down and sit and read for a while to stop brain playing nasty tricks on me. Worry that while I'm sitting still I'm not either a) looking for work or b) keeping more up to date with housework

17.00pm Fret over eating evening meal. Do I pick something our if the garden to eat (in which case I would be dining on a dead rhubarb plant and a little patch of grass) or do I whip up something from scratch from my well stocked freezer? Fret some more about life in general

19.00 Bath. Fret about wasting heat and leccy to warm up water. Another cup of tea.

22.00 Bed. To lie awake worrying and wishing I was Liz Earle

Fin.

My Day On A Plate by Cavegirl (age 30 years and 11 months)

7am lie awake in bed fretting about the day

7.30am Get up, fret some more - flick kettle on. Drink 3 mugs of strong black tea and force a few cornflakes down my mush

11.30am After a stressful morning of job hunting - sending CV off to companies and sifting through rejection e-mails and letters, flick kettle back on for another cup of strong tea. Try to force a sandwich down and fret some more

13.00pm Tackle housework - hoovering, a big pile of clothes to wash and dry and then the ironing. Fret that while you're doing housework you're not job hunting and therefore missing out on jobs.

15.30pm Flick kettle on again, try to force a snack down and sit and read for a while to stop brain playing nasty tricks on me. Worry that while I'm sitting still I'm not either a) looking for work or
b) keeping more up to date with housework

17.00pm Fret over eating evening meal. Do I pick something out of the garden to eat (in which case I would be dining on a dead rhubarb plant and a little patch of grass) or do I whip up something from scratch from my well stocked freezer? Fret some more about life in general

19.00 Bath. Fret about wasting heat and leccy to warm up water. Another cup of tea.

22.00 Bed. To lie awake worrying and wishing I was Liz Earle

Fin.

Latest posts

Back