It's Not All About You

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a bit of that diamonique show. CH didn't get the earrings and was gutted. However, she and the new Diamonique woman were saying how they want everything - all the items on show.

Get so bored of the "if you don't know your friend's ring size, what about a pendant?" Come on we can work that one out for ourselves.
Meanwhile on the BBC the news team are outlining some of the worse cuts made by a government in decades, plus the retirement age to rise for men and women.

QVC is looking more and more ludicrous these days IMO. A lot of us have all the jewellery, bedding, clothes and bags we will ever need. Who has the space for these never-ending bargains and must-haves? Perhaps QVC should start selling lines which help people save money and time.

How pathetic.

Stupid woman. I normally like Catherine but she has gone down in my estimation now. Wheres the consideration for the thousands of people that never get what they want ? Stop whining love & grow up !

Whats the betting Tova gave her those ear rings anyway. :mysmilie_10:

Stupid cow acting like a spoilt child...I WANT!! I WANT!! I WANT!! :rolleyes: She just needed to complete the picture by throwing herself on the floor kicking and screaming. :rolleyes:

I saw the video, and at first I thought what a madam La Huntley appeared.

And then I remembered: it's her job to sell the earrings. Most of QVC's presenters have an acting background, and are well-trained to flog any old tat to a tv audience.

How better a way to do this than to make out you want a pair of these earrings yourself, then get more and more hyper the more limited the stock gets? I mean, if she REALLY wanted them, wouldn't she have made arrangements to get the item BEFORE the show? Other presenters (JR for one) have stated that they have already managed to order stuff before it's aired, so why not Ms Huntley?

Other posters to this forum have noticed that CH isn't quite as sweet as she appears; I'm going to be cynical and call this a hard-nosed ploy to drum up trade.

And THAT'S what QVC wants: they're a business - no-one accuses John Lewis of being hard-hearted because they're trading while people are losing jobs.

Last edited:
I read her blog not long ago and the main contents of it was her blowing off where ever she could and getting a kick out of people noticing. She likes to do it when waiting for a bus, sittng on the metal bench so that it sounds louder. No wonder her man left.

Catherine had said she's seen some items but intended not ordering but instead sitting on her hands and did have another hissy fit over a ring later on that sold out in her size.
Good on Tova during the earing presentation calmly dropping it in Debbie wanted the earings so Miss Huntley wasn't getting them.
In any case Catherine managed to get PR Sophie on the case to call the presenters assistant Barbara.
Heard Claudia say she'd in the past filled her order form in with Barbara for bedding she wanted. :wonder:

I read her blog not long ago and the main contents of it was her blowing off where ever she could and getting a kick out of people noticing. She likes to do it when waiting for a bus, sittng on the metal bench so that it sounds louder. No wonder her man left.

Yes I've read the tweets :blush:

And then I remembered: it's her job to sell the earrings. Most of QVC's presenters have an acting background, and are well-trained to flog any old tat to a tv audience.
Yes K, failed actors, that's how they're flogging stuff off tv instead of a market stall. :devil:

How very ladylike!! :eek:

Yes I've read the tweets :blush:

I don't follow her on Twitter but I did have a look some time ago and noticed she frequently tweeted about having a poo and farting. Weird. :dull:

Please someone update me re Catherine's man - has he left? She kept going on about her Welsh bow when doing the Welsh gold(sorry forgotten the name) shows and they seemed so in love - he's obviously seen through her act. Catherine annoys me when she presents an item on intro price - she always says "this price might not be there the next time"? i thought QVC gave a warning re the last time/day/weekend on intro price - silly woman:wonder:

NO !!!!! REALLY !!!! Dirty cow. Well I'm shocked, truly shocked. And to be so proud of it. There is a time & a place. Shes now plummetted to zero in my books. Wonder if shes ever done it on air.:giggle: Air being the operative word.

I shall call her Farty Tarty now.:grin:

NO !!!!! REALLY !!!! Dirty cow. Well I'm shocked, truly shocked. And to be so proud of it. There is a time & a place. Shes now plummetted to zero in my books. Wonder if shes ever done it on air.:giggle: Air being the operative word.

I shall call her Farty Tarty now.:grin:
Yes that's got to be her new moniker from now on. She will so regret posting those disgusting details. :wonder:

I didn't think there was a problem with the presentation tbh. It might have been different if she was presenting the show on her own and nobody was talking the customers through the product, and similarly if she repeatedly did this with every item she presented. She obviously LOVED those earrings for some reason, I thought they were nice enough but certainly not stunning , she let herself get a bit carried away, which was perhaps rather "unprofessional" but I'm prepared to forgive her just this once!

Farting...just my sense of humour, so if anything she's gone UP in my estimation lol!

I'm glad I don't work with her.

:down:

Glad I'm not alone then - I thought I'd give her Twitter a nosey a couple of weeks back and very quickly wished I hadn't :down::confused: I found all the fart/poo/burp references (and there are loads of them) very strange and quite unsettling. I thought maybe I was becoming really prudish in my old age as I just came away feeling confused :sad: and I'm all for not taking life too seriously as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back