Help Support ShoppingTelly:

penny sue

Registered Shopper
Price the machine can be bought for in USA

Sizzix eclips Machine
Sizzix eclips Tote
Eclips Tool Kit
PLUS! An All Occasion Cartridge! WOW!

Sizzix eclips Super Bundle! Limited Time Only!
Retail Price: $669.95
Our Price: $399.99

Only one problem - Quote " Unable to sell outside North America due to Voltage and Certification requirements."

The same sort of pricing happens to the the Cricut.

At the present tourist rate of exchange the Sizzix machine should cost us approximately £266.66 so the benefit of having the right voltage costs £130 - pull the other one it has got bells on it.!

We get (as tourists) approximately 1.5 dollars for every £1. 2 years ago we were getting approximately 2 dollars for the £.

I go to the states most years to see my daughter and cannot keep out of the craft shops there. 99% of the time the price on products that we are all familiar with from pens to expensive machines the $ price is the same as we are charged here! Whatever the exchange rates is

Even 17.5% VAT or import taxes would not account for difference - don't forget the bulk QVC or C&C buy in would give them a much bigger discount than we can get.

check out USA craft sites and just see how often the dollar sign has been changed to a £ sign and this is what is making me really mad - we are being taken for mugs.

Completely agree. I've been on holiday in the US and I'm always amazed at the craft prices in the stores. Even good names such as Anna Griffin, Martha Stewart and DCWV are more "affordable" than on QVC UK, despite their buying power.

( I'm not sure about the voltage issue though. I bought a Cricut in Florida and the voltage is 110/240v so all I did was buy a US to UK plug adaptor when I got home, and bob's your uncle. The Cricut costs me $115. Carts $35 each. )

I'm off to Florida in 4 weeks, and managed to write a long shopping list from watching Craft Day yesterday !

Thanks Eric's Mum (my American son-in-law's name by the way) for the info about the voltage. I will have to save some dosh to get my Cricut next year when I am over there

I found to my cost the need to be careful with some products as an adapter may not always work (found this out to my cost with a hair dryer) so I will now always check the product to make sure that it can be used with an adapter

Latest posts

Back