centigrade TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mrs James

aka bella battenburg
well this seems popular :happy:

I've ordered the black after spending yesterday on the dreaded High St. and not finding anything suitable, i turned on this morning and liked what i saw...in the small of course

I have gone for the black too :happy:..couldn't find a coat I liked anywhere either! Bought a size bigger than usual as can't stand tight fitting clothes and worried in case the sleeves are tight.

daydreamer

Can't decide between the black and chocolate. I like the length and detachable hood.

I do like it and I'm very tempted. Can anyone tell me what centigrade sizing is like, does it come up big, small or true to size. I'm smaller busted than Julia who of course is in the XS and don't know if it will be to big. Help!!!

I do like it and I'm very tempted. Can anyone tell me what centigrade sizing is like, does it come up big, small or true to size. I'm smaller busted than Julia who of course is in the XS and don't know if it will be to big. Help!!!

ditto! I have asked about the sizing before but I dithered & dithered - in the High St I would be trying on a size 18 first, but how that translates with Centigrade sizing I don't know..can't believe I would only be a medium tho that's supposed to be about a 43" chest and in theory should be big enough - but I dread the thought of it being wrong and having to go thru all the returning and re-ordering etc etc:confused:

ditto! I have asked about the sizing before but I dithered & dithered - in the High St I would be trying on a size 18 first, but how that translates with Centigrade sizing I don't know..can't believe I would only be a medium tho that's supposed to be about a 43" chest and in theory should be big enough - but I dread the thought of it being wrong and having to go thru all the returning and re-ordering etc etc:confused:

I know and don't want to waste the P&P if it's going to have to go straight back. I'm a 10 in the high street so not sure how that translates as it says the XSi s 39in. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

I bought a similar TSV last year (or perhaps the year before?) without the hood. Mine was too tight and I had to return it. That's twice I've had to return coats to QVC at great expense, (the other one was a Beth Terrell TSV) so I decided I wouldn't ever buy another, no matter how tempted.

I know and don't want to waste the P&P if it's going to have to go straight back. I'm a 10 in the high street so not sure how that translates as it says the XSi s 39in. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

I am tempted too, I have 2 centigrade coats and the sz is hit and miss. I have the medium, one coat is ok and I love it, the other one is a bit too roomy at the back, which gives it a bulky look, I should have returned it but I forgot about it. I would try the small, but a little worried it wouldn' t fit and have to return the lot

I bought a similar TSV last year (or perhaps the year before?) without the hood. Mine was too tight and I had to return it. That's twice I've had to return coats to QVC at great expense, (the other one was a Beth Terrell TSV) so I decided I wouldn't ever buy another, no matter how tempted.

I am tempted too, I have 2 centigrade coats and the sz is hit and miss. I have the medium, one coat is ok and I love it, the other one is a bit too roomy at the back, which gives it a bulky look, I should have returned it but I forgot about it. I would try the small, but a little worried it wouldn' t fit and have to return the lot

I've just watched a bit on telly, with Joy (size 18) wearing the XL in a purple plaid numbah that tbh looked like if she fastened the buttons she would look like a sausage that needed pricking. I think I'm going to pass...

I am tempted by the chocolate I am going to Chicago at the end of November so need a warm coat I have got a black padded coat (from the deaded high street) but this just looks smarter.
I am just wondering if the Centigrade faux shearling is warm.

I have 3 coats from Centigrade a leather jacket in a medium, a red waterproof coat in a medium and a shawl collar white one in a large (bargain at the outlet) in a large the medium fit fine but I would say the large is probably more comfy with jumpers underneath it and I am a size 14-16 (more toward a 16 on top) if thats any help with the sizing

I am tempted by the chocolate I am going to Chicago at the end of November so need a warm coat I have got a black padded coat (from the deaded high street) but this just looks smarter.

I have 3 coats from Centigrade a leather jacket in a medium, a red waterproof coat in a medium and a shawl collar white one in a large (bargain at the outlet) in a large the medium fit fine but I would say the large is probably more comfy with jumpers underneath it and I am a size 14-16 (more toward a 16 on top) if thats any help with the sizing

The shearling is very soft, but very thin and does not keep me warm when very cold. (imho)

I won't risk it either. My experience of Centigrade is that their sizings are appalling.

oh gawd you've all scared me now regarding sizing....if it doesn't measure what it should it will be going back at their expense as faulty!! fingers crossed for me everyone

oh gawd you've all scared me now regarding sizing....if it doesn't measure what it should it will be going back at their expense as faulty!! fingers crossed for me everyone

you will be our guinea pig Mrs J! Seriously, hope it's a good fit and you love it - please let us ditherers know!

Good luck Mrs James. Why can't they get some bloomin consistency in the sizing.:headbang::headbang:

Chicago can be VERY cold in Nov, I really would advise against the centigrade coat, they are just not warm enough for that kind of weather, but then I hate the cold. :confused:

I have a couple of centigrade coats similar to this one (which I why I didn't "jump" to the phones) and they are both size small. I am a busty size twelve and they fit fine. I have washed them over the years and they have served me very well.

I had myself talked out if it but then i checked the brown in my size and its on waitlist! Now i want it all the more and have been checking the stock online every 2 minutes!

I was tempted too, and got out the coat I wear most often in winter, did the buttons up and measured around the chest area. That was the only way I could think of trying to decide which size would be best - but I'm not sure if the fit across the shoulders would be OK or if the sleeves would be OK.

I think after reading the comments here I'll probably leave it as even with returning it under the DSR I would still have the cost and hassle of sending it back if it doesn't fit!

Latest posts

Back