QVC's P&P is "a bugbear"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

klarionthewitchboy

Guest Shopper
Hmmm, that was interesting.

Chuntley's just been fawning over Leighton Denny, and introduced the first item as a Christmas Surprise: the surprise being that there's no P&P. Chuntley bigged this up by stating that "Postage is a bugbear for a lot of you".

Two things about this:

1. She wouldn't have said that if QVC's management weren't aware of people's feeling that their P&P is overpriced, So what are they planning to do about this?

2. If QVC staff are lurking on here, maybe they could justify the P&P costs rather than throw the occasional bone like free postage on some items or reduced postage days?

Hmmm, that was interesting.

Chuntley's just been fawning over Leighton Denny, and introduced the first item as a Christmas Surprise: the surprise being that there's no P&P. Chuntley bigged this up by stating that "Postage is a bugbear for a lot of you".

Two things about this:

1. She wouldn't have said that if QVC's management weren't aware of people's feeling that their P&P is overpriced, So what are they planning to do about this?

2. If QVC staff are lurking on here, maybe they could justify the P&P costs rather than throw the occasional bone like free postage on some items or reduced postage days?

Julia said the same thing on the TSV presentation yesterday and she said that it wasn't just postage...packaging, and people to do the packing - yeh yeh we know that, but it's still ****** extortionate! Glen trotted out the same old same old about parking/bus fares if you went to the High St so I was shouting at the telly telling them that with my bus pass it doesn't cost me a bean and I can buy as many items as I want (or can afford!). I did say on another thread recently that maybe the free phone calls were allowed in the P & P somewhere, but come on QVC, you could cut us a better deal than you do!

Well the packaging excuse doesn't cut it with me I'm afraid. It takes them 3 days to even get it out of the warehouse.
As for the parking charges a lot of shopping centres have free parking or a couple of pounds for 2 hours.
As for the 30 day MBG, granted it is useful, but on beauty or skincare counters you can often get samples to try before you buy or a makeover from one of the girls to see if you like the make up.

IMO they don't have any valid excuses it's a bloomin rip off.

Now I have no intention of getting any christmas pressies for my loved ones from QVC as I tend to hunt down stuff that I hope they are really going to want BUT (a big but hence the caps) were I to do all my shopping from them, a rough calculation of the p and p would add about £50 to my budget. Sorry QVC I do not have money to burn\waste so it is Amazon and that invention of the devil, the shops for me.

Amazon's fantastic, but I've learned to shop around a lot over the years - you can get quite a few great deals over the course of the year with either free or reduced shipping.

QVC is a great place to look for inspiration, but I'd rather have the satisfaction of getting presents I know people want at prices that don't leave me destitute.

People pack items for other companies but they still manage to have cheaper P&P free in many cases and still stay in business.

QVC make this huge thing about their prices but by the time you add the P&P costs their prices are not that different. Leighton Denny nail varnish as an example as it was mentioned in the original post, QVC sell a duo for £18.50 but then add £3.45 P&P so you are paying £21.95, now Leightons own website have free P&P at the moment so 2 bottles of polish from there will cost you £22 so buying from QVC saves you a massive 5p!!!! and you can choose exactly which duo of colours you want from Leightons own site. Another one was yesterdays Centigrade TSV all day they went ona nd on about how it was under £40 no it wasnt!! by the time you added the P&P it was nearer to £45. I look at prices on QVC now as I would ebay or anywhere else the total cost and that includes P&P, I really want a Lola rose bracelet and I can get a really nice one for £20 with free P&P from amazon as opposed to paying QVC £3.45 P&P as well as the cost of the bracelet.

I dont mind paying P&P charges if they are realistic but I do object to the constant "we are cheaper" talk when they are not once the P&P is included I just wish they would acknowledge that P&P costs are part of the total cost to the customer instead of just pretending it doesnt matter

I ordered some Pure Grace body spritz from HQ.COM it was an 8oz bottle and £2.95 P&P I placed the order at lunchtime last Friday and it arrived first thing Saturday morning.

Now if QVC stocked this, the P&P would be much higher and I'd probably still be waiting for it.

People pack items for other companies but they still manage to have cheaper P&P free in many cases and still stay in business.

QVC make this huge thing about their prices but by the time you add the P&P costs their prices are not that different. Leighton Denny nail varnish as an example as it was mentioned in the original post, QVC sell a duo for £18.50 but then add £3.45 P&P so you are paying £21.95, now Leightons own website have free P&P at the moment so 2 bottles of polish from there will cost you £22 so buying from QVC saves you a massive 5p!!!! and you can choose exactly which duo of colours you want from Leightons own site. Another one was yesterdays Centigrade TSV all day they went ona nd on about how it was under £40 no it wasnt!! by the time you added the P&P it was nearer to £45. I look at prices on QVC now as I would ebay or anywhere else the total cost and that includes P&P, I really want a Lola rose bracelet and I can get a really nice one for £20 with free P&P from amazon as opposed to paying QVC £3.45 P&P as well as the cost of the bracelet.

I dont mind paying P&P charges if they are realistic but I do object to the constant "we are cheaper" talk when they are not once the P&P is included I just wish they would acknowledge that P&P costs are part of the total cost to the customer instead of just pretending it doesnt matter

It's spin, pure and simple. It's not very honest and it presumes that the viewing public are stupid.

Doesn't endear me to the organisation at all.

Your points about the LD site are great: I hope anyone interested in his wares check his site out before ordering from QVC.

It's the same with Bobbi Brown the prices are exactly the same as the high street before they add on the P&P. Seche Vite is the same it's cheaper to buy it in boots.

I ordered some Pure Grace body spritz from HQ.COM it was an 8oz bottle and £2.95 P&P I placed the order at lunchtime last Friday and it arrived first thing Saturday morning.

Now if QVC stocked this, the P&P would be much higher and I'd probably still be waiting for it.

My daughter and I ordered some A'kin from mypure recently - free P & P and next day delivery. OK they fell down on the delivery and it took two days! But even so, a far better deal than QVC..

QVC are I think stuck in the past, as the oldest shopping channel in this country when they started there wasnt the level of "remote" shopping available be it from the TV or on line. Now customers can choose from hundreds of different sellers most of whom charge far less P&P than QVC. They are so entrenched in the past and need to re evaluate where they stand in the market, OK so they will always probably have a huge number of customers who arent able or cant be bothered to research the markets but even that is going to dwindle over the next few years, as more and more customers start to find other suppliers who are providing the same thing for less total cost.

There is a group out there who for whatever reason dont find it easy to get out to the dreaded high street to buy what they want who are dwindling as more and more people get on line and find that there are better deals out there. That will leave the people who find watching QVC almost therapeutic for whatever reason (think mad T callers) who will carry on paying the silly costs just because its "QVC" and I cant see that group keeping QVC going as a business in the long term.

For 17 years QVC have relied on their "value" and the "Convenience " but now there is better value out there and the increase in on line sellers has eroded the convenience factor

Outside of the actual cost of the P&P, it really annoys me that they keep us waiting so long for orders. I'm fed up hearing the presenters banging on and on and on about "three to five working days." AY doesn't even add the "working" bit there, and just says three to five days. QVC, please don't treat us like idiots and be honest - admit to customers that, on average, it takes two days to even shift your stock out of the warehouse. All in all, you're likely to end up waiting at least a week to receive your order. You don't tell us that in your latest "not on my watch" promotional.

How you can keep charging so much for P&P and keep us waiting so long is unconscionable. I order from many online retailers, and ebay, and at least 90% of them can have my order at my front door in less time that it takes you to despatch, and for free. Mum recently ordered a pair of sheepskin boots online, I can't compare the prices as this was a brand QVC don't sell, but the order was placed around lunchtime on Wednesday. She had the option of free postage or express for £5. She chose the express option and they were delivered at 1.05pm the next day. Compare that to your process - you would charge me almost £5 to order a mascara (for example, as a bloke, I don't use it!) and I'd then wait the best part of a week, or possibly longer to receive it. How are you able to sit and imagine that you can continue to operate that sort of business model against competition that is free and/or next day? Oh, and these people also offer freefone telephone lines and a 28 day MBG, so you can't even use that as justification.

Mum wanted to put a thread here about a Bob Mackie order. She wanted to wear that for an event this weekend and ordered it last weekend. Guess what? It's not here, surprise surprise - stuck in the warehouse for 2 days. And don't say it's because of your volume of orders. Amazon handle more than you do and do it quicker for cheaper. Look out QVC, you'll be getting it straight back as you took too long to deliver it and the moment has passed. We know you read, please do something about this before we all head elsewhere. As mentioned elsewhere, those viewers who are unable to use any other means of shopping are dwindling in number and will not sustain you forever. I'm fed up with the stress, hassle and cost of shopping with QVC and will be handling my Christmas shopping elsewhere. I can't afford the rubbish "gifts" you're hawking anyhow. I would't buy for myself, let alone my family.

Amazon's fantastic, but I've learned to shop around a lot over the years - you can get quite a few great deals over the course of the year with either free or reduced shipping.

QVC is a great place to look for inspiration, but I'd rather have the satisfaction of getting presents I know people want at prices that don't leave me destitute.

I shall have a think and produce a list to give you some pointers deary.
:wave:

Yer I saw this when it was on too, they were also droning on about how it was SOOOOO much cheaper than LD salons, £5 a bottle in there, yada yada yada. The next item, four little crappy bottles, £17 odd plus £3 odd postage, meaning it was more expensive then elsewhere.
Hellooooo.
:taphead:

AND ANOTHER THING:
When they did that 10.10.10 thing lately and did 10p postage did a load of people on here not say they charged more for the item than previously? i.e. not really giving any discount.
Con con con.
I've finished ranting now thanks.

End of the day QVC is a business to make money they are not ot to make friends , if they are selling items in the same quantity then why should the remove or reduce the P+P ?

Until people vote with there feet they will do nothing, so folks shop elsewhere :)

End of the day QVC is a business to make money they are not ot to make friends , if they are selling items in the same quantity then why should the remove or reduce the P+P ?

Until people vote with there feet they will do nothing, so folks shop elsewhere :)

I wonder quite how true that is, especially now QVC has so many competing ranges in skincare and bedding for example: do they have the same turnover as 5 years ago?

People are starting to vote with their wallets, especially as more people become internet-literate and confident to shop around on it.

I wonder quite how true that is, especially now QVC has so many competing ranges in skincare and bedding for example: do they have the same turnover as 5 years ago?

People are starting to vote with their wallets, especially as more people become internet-literate and confident to shop around on it.

I agree...both myself and my daughter buy far less from QVC now than we did a few years ago. However, I suppose there are new people joining all the time so perhaps they compensate for the likes of us, until they in their turn look elsewhere. Be nice if we could arrange a mass boycott of QVC until they do something about the P & P!

Latest posts

Back