Kings Realm, who is buying that stuff??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
Just switched on to see item number 831893 8 stuffed chicken breasts for £35.26!! I nearly fell over!! Who is paying those prices??!?!? I bought a bag of M&S chicken breasts (7-9 pieces) for £7.76 today, a whole £27.50 cheaper!! OK so they don't have streaky bacon or pate/brie inside, but blimey, nearly 30 quid cheaper!!

What a rip off!!

Just switched on to see item number 831893 8 stuffed chicken breasts for £35.26!! I nearly fell over!! Who is paying those prices??!?!? I bought a bag of M&S chicken breasts (7-9 pieces) for £7.76 today, a whole £27.50 cheaper!! OK so they don't have streaky bacon or pate/brie inside, but blimey, nearly 30 quid cheaper!!

What a rip off!!

Maybe no one, that's why they have had another show so soon after the last, got to get rid of stock. Mind you, AD made a fair dent I'm sure. :doh:

Maybe no one, that's why they have had another show so soon after the last, got to get rid of stock. Mind you, AD made a fair dent I'm sure. :doh:

To be fair to AD: If I was having a load of free food thrown in my direction, I wouldn't say no either!

But if I was going to shell out silly money for a joint of meat, I'd rather go to a local butcher than buy from the telly.

What a rip off!!

Ridiculous....they're £31.50 full price, and with the £7 bunged on in postage you'd be paying nearly £40! Waitrose have a range of ready to cook luxury meals, and a packet of 2 stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon would sell at no more than £4.99, order them online and you won't have to pay for delivery either. These greedy b'stards would be charging the equivalent of £9.62 per pack which is utterly, utterly disgraceful! I believe these mail order things are frozen, and frozen meat in supermarkets is always a good deal cheaper than the fresh stuff!

Of course but it is "premium meat" dahling :grin: mind you for that price I would want the whole bloomin cow delivered never mind a few bits of frozen meat!!

Ridiculous....they're £31.50 full price, and with the £7 bunged on in postage you'd be paying nearly £40! Waitrose have a range of ready to cook luxury meals, and a packet of 2 stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon would sell at no more than £4.99, order them online and you won't have to pay for delivery either. These greedy b'stards would be charging the equivalent of £9.62 per pack which is utterly, utterly disgraceful! I believe these mail order things are frozen, and frozen meat in supermarkets is always a good deal cheaper than the fresh stuff!

Actually, that's a very good point.

When QVC demonstrates meat products on air, do they use exactly the same sort of stuff that gets sent out?

What I mean is: do they use meat that was frozen for delivery as customers receive, or do they receive a fresh equivalent that hasn't been frozen?

They don't say in their demonstrations, and I'd have thought that they'd need to make a point of stating that otherwise their demos are not what they say they are. After all, if they show a succulent pork joint that was delivered chilled and not frozen to the studios, it may well turn out differently to one that had been frozen.

Actually, that's a very good point.

When QVC demonstrates meat products on air, do they use exactly the same sort of stuff that gets sent out?

What I mean is: do they use meat that was frozen for delivery as customers receive, or do they receive a fresh equivalent that hasn't been frozen?

They don't say in their demonstrations, and I'd have thought that they'd need to make a point of stating that otherwise their demos are not what they say they are. After all, if they show a succulent pork joint that was delivered chilled and not frozen to the studios, it may well turn out differently to one that had been frozen.

That would be a perfect T call question and put Mr.KR on the spot. Might make AD splutter her sausage all over the place though.

Agree, prices are way over the top no matter how AD or any other presenter drools!
Can't imagine why anyone would want to buy this from QVC with so much on offer on the high street.
I think I can stuff my own chicken breasts!

Plus as Klarion said you would go to your butchers to buy meat if you where looking for a good quality joint, that way you see what your buying and your supporting your local butchers, farmers etc. everyone is always banging out about providence of meat and I'm sure your local friendly butcher will tell you where he got the meat from!

Latest posts

Back