unacceptable time for processing refunds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

civovy

Registered Shopper
I'm aware that lots of customers are dismaying about the legnth of time it is taking to process returns, myself included and I must admit that this is one of several reasons why I don't log on and buy as much nowadays.

I have just received 3 emails telling me that the returns from 3 different orders have been received by coloured rocks ( the items were posted together in the same package) and that returns are currently taking approx 13 days to process. I thought fair enough thanks for letting me know ...until I checked my records ( I always keep a record of what I return and when) and discovered that those said items were posted by special delivery on September 13th and therefore coloured rocks will have had those returns since september 14th ... 6 WEEKS already. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get my refunds for christmas ......

I'm afraid I'm another unhappy customer, civovy.

I sent back a faulty item by Special Delivery on 8 October. I received no emails at all so asked about the status of my return in Live Help last week where I was told that the refund had already been dealt wth some days ago. Further discussion made it clear that the refunded amount was wrong so the member of staff I was speaking to assured me the additional refund due would be dealt with immediately.

I then received an email yesterday saying that "the refund for my return was being processed today" - ie Monday!! Now, and I can't see any way to dress this up here, if the email is correct, I was told a load of carp in Live Help last week!

Furthermore, having just checked my bank account 5 mins ago, neither the first part of the refund nor the additional part are in my account yet!

I'm afraid that not only is the disproportionate length of time taken to refund for faulty goods unacceptable, but I cannot abide being fobbed off with blatant untruths.

Last edited:
There is a similar thread running on the Gems forum

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24584

and I remain totally disenchanted with how my returns are handled by Rocks despite the assurances of John Bennett in the Gems thread. No email notifications of receipt - sporadic emails about returns and having returned a pair of earrings that weren't colour matched directly to the manager of customer services that as well has been dumped in the refund queue.

In the current Scoop Steve Bennett says

"You are our boss, at the end of the day and your loyalty, support and feedback is very important to us."

Given the behaviour of Rocks towards its customers recently and the ever on going issues with refunds I find this statement difficult to believe.........

In the current Scoop Steve Bennett says

"You are our boss, at the end of the day and your loyalty, support and feedback is very important to us."

Given the behaviour of Rocks towards its customers recently and the ever on going issues with refunds I find this statement difficult to believe.........

Well, I have to say that as one of their loyal customers who has been with them since day one, I am now walking away........

Hope you don't mind Anjo, but I simply had to borrow this quote for a thread on Gems.

Ditto Perdita, but I gave up a couple of months ago - no staying power - lol. xxxxxx

Absolutely agree with all that has been said. I waited 4 weeks for a refund on damaged items, and frankly the state of the items led me to believe that David Blunkett was working as head of Quality Control these days...
Am currently waiting for a refund on items returned over 3 weeks ago, wrong size AND damaged, and am a touch miffed to say the least.
The quality and refunds issue is bad enough, but add to that the now seemingly dubious and cynical work ethic in place, and I think it's time follow those walking away.

I've hauled myself onto the rickety ol' wagon again, plumped up my cushion and am prepared for a long ride.

Looks like I'll have plenty of company this trip.

I've hauled myself onto the rickety ol' wagon again, plumped up my cushion and am prepared for a long ride.

You've been watching Bonanza again, haven't you?

Wagons roll............

These alright for you Fluffers? Bit smarter than the last wreck we found.......and you've got a roof!
Plump up the cushions........

covered_wagon_horses_lg_clr.gif
covered_wagon_horses_lg_clr.gif

It appears the refund I sent direct to the Manager of the Rocks Customer Services Section has been dealt with so maybe that is the way to go - refunds direct to Manager of CS or if you're really irritated to Sarah or Steve Bennett.

No problem with the quote Argeybargey glad it brought some enjoyment to people - albeit not for the reasons that Rocks would hope for :giggle:

Latest posts

Back