For those in charge of Gems tv - request for responses

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loobi

Registered Shopper
reading the threads here, there seem to be several that are lacking much, if any response, from some representative of Rocks/Gems.....

now I appreciate they are busy people.....but so am I and as a "valued customer" who would like to feel some love back in response to my hard earned cash. I now ask/challenge even maybe beg someone from Rocks to reply to the threads....

Unacceptable time for refunds (- wow some of the stories are scary)

clearance (- are we being treated like mushrooms here?)

great value - genuine reverse auctions (-yeah right)

seems to me the company has grown too big too quick and lost its way, lost its ability to service its customers - by service, I dont just mean flog us its stuff and move on. There used to be a time when our views were valued and listened to and we could see they were acted upon. Ok if they want to tell us - we flog the stuff and over to customers to struggle with the aftermath, then thats fine - after all we all appreciate honesty in life.

The loss of the chat room seems to me to have been the turning point ...love it or hate it, it offered us the customer, the ability to point out things direct and publically ......maybe now we see why they didnt want this...after all how many of us would have piped up by now clearance? sale? rubbish I got this item 30% cheaper weeks ago............

wow can i waffle - so enough and now I hope for a reply.... perhaps this thread also belongs on Gems tv too

I thought "clearance" meant "sale"; seems I was wrong. I know they're not responsible for my interpretation but the customer is given the impression they're getting a real bargain, when this may not be the case at all.

To be honest I'm glad chat has gone. Rather too many exhibitionists and gossiping, I thought, but maybe i logged on at the wrong times.

I haven't seen many great prices lately; actually quite the opposite in my case. I feel a fool that I paid £259 for a pair of very ordinary Tanzanite earrings. They were so tightly packaged that I couldn't gauge the size and colour very easily. I can't send them back because I broke the seal and my statutory rights haven't been breached but they just don't sing to me- I can't love them. The wow factor isn't there. Still, I guess we all have these experiences; I'll learn to love them in the end, I suppose.

I hope you don't mind if I put an alternative view point across - and I'm most definitely NOT having a go at anybody OR defending GemsTV but ...........

I'm not sure we can demand explanations from the management of GemsTV on this forum about anything to be honest. This is a consumer forum and whilst the Bennetts do respond to some threads, they also have to be VERY careful about what they say as they could be sued. Soooooooo, I doubt very very very very very much whether there will be an official response to this thread.

Think about it, if it was your company would you? Bearing in mind there could be potential legal action that would arise? I wouldn't!

GemsTV / RocksTV are one of the few management teams that participate in ST directly and the majority don't for exactly the reasons I've outlined above. It's good that the Bennetts participate BUT I don't think we can demand explanations from them when quite clearly it's impossible for them to do so in a way that would satisfy and not give rise to other questions.

Just my 2p worth but I'm not surprised that there is a distinct silence. I would call it being very prudent!

I apologise if I've upset anybody - that's not my intention at all.

Being a cowardy custard I kept schtum, but since Meesh has trodden the waters I'll venture in for a paddle just to say I was thinking along similar lines. Whilst you'll probably be aware, I've not been a fan for a while, but do appreciate when they come here and try to resolve someone's problem. Far more than any others offer. To even ask them to answer this publicly, let alone demand it, could chase them away from the forum altogether which would be a shame. Perhaps a private e-mail to Steve might be more appropriate. Again, no offence intended. xxxxxxxxx

Hi Sacha thanks for that I did'nt hear Steve was away ,but actually reading Meeshoo and Argeys threads of course you are both quite right I suppose because the Bennetts do often respond to questions and querys on here you begin to expect it ,I did'nt think about the wider implications on this so dont worry you've not offend me just made me realise its nice when they do respond and its not in there interest to do so on this occasion.

Hi Sacha thanks for that I did'nt hear Steve was away ,but actually reading Meeshoo and Argeys threads of course you are both quite right I suppose because the Bennetts do often respond to questions and querys on here you begin to expect it ,I did'nt think about the wider implications on this so dont worry you've not offend me just made me realise its nice when they do respond and its not in there interest to do so on this occasion.

:mysmilie_504: xxxxxxxxx

Hi All

Yes we are away at the moment and apologies if there are threads that we haven't responded to. In all honesty sometimes is it just impossible to keep on top of all discussions when we are trying to run the business and solve issues on the ground there.

I could probably get someone else in the business to repsond to threads but somehow i don't think it is the same.

As we have always said if there are things that are really bugging you or questions that you want answers to it is sometimes easier just to email us directly as we don't always have time to look on this forum on a daily basis.

I will do my best to respond to as many as possible when we return home

Best Regards

Sarah

I appreciate totally the point made by meeshoo (def no offence btw - we are all entitled to voice our thoughts ) but having set themselves up to answer questions on here and be upfront and honest, ducking the questions that seem to come up agan and again seems to inconsistent at the very least. An upfront reply could just answer it once and for all...
I appreciate the invitation to email in directly and personally, but if we all did that, the Rocks system would no doubt grind to a halt.
As I see it, the points raised are of a general nature .....and we all seem to be scratching our heads about them. A simple explanation of the rocks interpretation of the word clearance for example would be useful so we all understand - it may now come but of course its too late the word seems to have slipped from our screens. But for next time maybe......... but this hasnt protected the new customer base from being - in my opinion of course, thoroughly misled
On the point of directly emailing ......I do email my personal, item related issues and have also sent in emails of a general nature - some of which have gone unacknowledged - they are busy people, so are many of us.
So maybe we term it an invitation to respond rather than a demand............. and we wait with interest for Sarahs promised responses

If I may just add Loobi - Like you, I have a problem with emailing direct when it's not a personal issue - and I'm glad you didn't mind me voicing my thoughts as there really was no offence intended. Sarah's post above I feel smacks a bit of censorship - i.e. if you want to moan, email us direct and moan and not on this forum - I dislike this form of trying to censor the customer and said as much in one of my other posts.

This forum is, as I said before, a consumer forum and so should reflect the good, bad and ugly and if a company is going to respond on here direct then it must understand and NOT try to make it so that only the good appears. I'm sure that's not the intention but some of the wording in Sarah's last two posts have made it sound as such. Apologies if I'm reading this incorrectly.

I do also believe that there are some items that GemsTV/RocksTV management will NOT answer on this forum and as a business I believe they would be sensible not to do so. I fear that clarification of the word "clearance" or "sale" or some of the other items at issue is not going to satisfy and what you'll find is a very blurry, wide of the mark answer, if any. To be honest though, you can level the same allegation at all the other jewellery channels where the word "sale" or "clearance" tends to mean "let's charge even more than we have previously" or "let's charge more but then give free P&P/combined P&P". Is it fair? Absolutely not. However, will it change? Nope don't think so.

Last edited:
I think that if representatives from Rocks/Gems make their presence felt on here, and they do, then they should answer what is asked of them, or state clearly that they won't. I get tired of this constant mantra about emailing them directly if we have issues, since it is not something they say when someone makes a positive comment. It's a public shopping telly forum, so of course people are going to come on here and gripe if they have just cause, and recently there has been a lot to gripe about concerning the Coloured Rocks group. They can't have things both ways, and make these comments about us all being part of the Rocks family and our feedback mattering, when they blithely ignore the same feedback and, at times, go against what we are saying, ie, the increasingly dubious presentation styles and shouting that is causing us to turn off in droves.
I have no problems with them being silent on here and not responding to threads or attempting to explain their methodology, but if that is the way they wish to go, then I don't want to see responses to the good stuff either. Sarah recently said in a post on here that Rocks rarely do clearances, but when they do, they are genuine clear-outs of stock at bargain prices, well, I'm sorry but that is just not the case, certainly of late, and I don't appreciate this cynical method of selling and the implication that I am some sort of imbecile who will fall for any old cobblers.
I appreciate the legal implications of getting involved in certain issues, and I know that no company will allow themselves to become embroiled in those, but just be honest and state that, rather than this usual response of 'email us directly', since I'm afraid, like Meesh, I view this as an attempt to censor what is written on here. As stated, I'm sure we do email when there is a problem affecting us personally, but this is the place to air general grievances and praise where appropriate.

I think that if representatives from Rocks/Gems make their presence felt on here, and they do, then they should answer what is asked of them, or state clearly that they won't. I get tired of this constant mantra about emailing them directly if we have issues, since it is not something they say when someone makes a positive comment. It's a public shopping telly forum, so of course people are going to come on here and gripe if they have just cause, and recently there has been a lot to gripe about concerning the Coloured Rocks group. They can't have things both ways, and make these comments about us all being part of the Rocks family and our feedback mattering, when they blithely ignore the same feedback and, at times, go against what we are saying, ie, the increasingly dubious presentation styles and shouting that is causing us to turn off in droves.
I have no problems with them being silent on here and not responding to threads or attempting to explain their methodology, but if that is the way they wish to go, then I don't want to see responses to the good stuff either. Sarah recently said in a post on here that Rocks rarely do clearances, but when they do, they are genuine clear-outs of stock at bargain prices, well, I'm sorry but that is just not the case, certainly of late, and I don't appreciate this cynical method of selling and the implication that I am some sort of imbecile who will fall for any old cobblers. I appreciate the legal implications of getting involved in certain issues, and I know that no company will allow themselves to become embroiled in those, but just be honest and state that, rather than this usual response of 'email us directly', since I'm afraid, like Meesh, I view this as an attempt to censor what is written on here. As stated, I'm sure we do email when there is a problem affecting us personally, but this is the place to air general grievances and praise where appropriate.

David Sole, David Baheel, Frankie the mad stiletto, and Jimmy the Shoe all think so. :mysmilie_17: xxxxxxx

Last edited:
It's all this messin' wiv time wot duzzit. I got up this morning and it was an hour earlier than the day before last year! Can you still get calendars for 1958 or is it too late in the year? xxxxxxxxx

It's all this messin' wiv time wot duzzit. I got up this morning and it was an hour earlier than the day before last year! Can you still get calendars for 1958 or is it too late in the year? xxxxxxxxx

On our old telly we didn't get Stars On Sunday till the following Wednesday, so is it any wonder that I'm the way I am?

I'm sure QVC will have some 1958 calendars for you, that's more or less the era they're stuck in with their clothes, after all.

Just bumping this thread up to see if we are any closer to answers please? ... I know they are busy people so I am not complaining, just politely reminding :)

PJ

Latest posts

Back