Windguard umbrella anyone c it break at 9am?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
There I am, day off, settling down with my breakfast, switch on QVC 9am show to see the guest presenter holding a black windguard umbrella with Chuntley at his side. Don't know what happened, but he did something to the brolly and it hit him in the chin and I think the handle snapped! So funny I had to rewind it several times, (sad but true), then he tried to act normal and was obviously holding the opened brolly at the top, past where it had broken. Chuntley says it comes in several colours and he says I'll just put this one down here (moves out of camera shot), so that I can show you the demo!! He tried to hide the fact it was broken and Chuntley was grinning!! Great advert for the umbrella, which sadly enough I have already bought but hardly ever use as it weighs a ton in my handbag!

Did anyone else see it today?

There I am, day off, settling down with my breakfast, switch on QVC 9am show to see the guest presenter holding a black windguard umbrella with Chuntley at his side. Don't know what happened, but he did something to the brolly and it hit him in the chin and I think the handle snapped! So funny I had to rewind it several times, (sad but true), then he tried to act normal and was obviously holding the opened brolly at the top, past where it had broken. Chuntley says it comes in several colours and he says I'll just put this one down here (moves out of camera shot), so that I can show you the demo!! He tried to hide the fact it was broken and Chuntley was grinning!! Great advert for the umbrella, which sadly enough I have already bought but hardly ever use as it weighs a ton in my handbag!

It must have happened after I switched over, like you I did once buy a windguard umbrella and I couldn't even hold it up ,never mind against the wind.

Anyone see the irony in Chuntley demoing Windguard? ;)

Anyway, that aside, I also bought this and find that's it just too heavy to use. Even my son finds it uncomfortable to use after a while. If it's windy now, I simply don't go out!

No sign of The Morning Show on Today's Product Videos (the 8am and the 10am show is there but no 9am)

Oh, how I wish I'd seen that - today of all days I had to be out early (for me!).

I got one of those brollies a couple of years ago, thinking it would be good as I live right by the sea and we get lots of rain and it is so windy here. First time I used it, I walked no further than across the road and it blew inside out and semi collapsed. I rang QVC award-winning CS and the person at the other end of the line basically thought I was telling tales and that I must have done something to damage it deliberately. They wouldn't send a pre-paid label to send it back so I did it at my own expense.

Back to my lightweight M&S small one....

I ordered one last year and when it arrived is stank of damp. Clearly someone had had it before me and sent it back whilst it was still wet!!!

Needless to say I sent it back and purchased a lovely lightweight one with a cat on it from Next!!!

Oh, how I wish I'd seen that - today of all days I had to be out early (for me!).

I got one of those brollies a couple of years ago, thinking it would be good as I live right by the sea and we get lots of rain and it is so windy here. First time I used it, I walked no further than across the road and it blew inside out and semi collapsed. I rang QVC award-winning CS and the person at the other end of the line basically thought I was telling tales and that I must have done something to damage it deliberately. They wouldn't send a pre-paid label to send it back so I did it at my own expense.

Back to my lightweight M&S small one....

I'm so sorry I missed this! I hate those It'll Be Alright on the Night, You've Been Framed shows but for QVC's live presentations I make an exception :grin:

Lizgregs as you know I don't live a million miles away from you and can *totally* echo your experience: I bought one as a TSV six years ago when I first began living between our part of rainy/windswept North Lancs and even more rainy/windswept North Eastern Scotland, but mine too capitulated the first time I tried to put it up. Perhaps there had been more complaints by that time as I got my pre-paid returns label pretty sharpish. Come to think of it, that was the first bad purchase I made from QVC. I remember I was really surprised as I genuinely thought QVC only stocked 'the best' products available :nod:. Oh how naive I was back then, wet behind the ears (and not just 'cos of the useless brolly :wink::giggle:)

:puke::puke:

Thats really interesting considering what happened to me this afternoon. I went to the village post office to return those Ronnie Nicole dresses that were on TSV & as per usual there was queue. The man & his wife behind me noticed the QVC bags & he smiled & said '' You'll be in trouble dear returning 2 items. They won't like that,''

I answered & said'' well they are getting them whether they like it of not ''.

They then told me that they would never shop with QVC ever again as they were treated very badly by them last year over a camera they returned. Very similar story to yours lizgregs. Packed up working after they had only had it for about 2 weeks & when they wanted to send it back they were basically interogated on the phone & comments were made that they must have dropped it etc & had caused it to be damaged.

They told me they had a terrible job to get their money back & only because Trading Standards intervened. They were then told by QVC that as a '' gesture of goodwill '':puke: they would refund the money back.

Its unprintable what this man called them & their gesture of goodwill. Gave me a good laugh though.

When I got to the counter & handed over the bags the guy on the desk smiled & said ''QVC eh . They seem to upset an awful lot of people now''.

We are not alone in our disillusion over this lot. :mysmilie_486:

No it is there. Hope this works. I love the little oooh when it happenes & his face is a study.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=826866&country=UK

That's it, well done! I'm really surprised there's film of it. What does he actually do? It obviously breaks because of the angle of it after it's hit him in the chin and clock the way he looks to the right to put it down but realises it won't be out of shot! How funny and an umbrella that opens and closes!! Duh!

Hehe yes I saw it, it was hilarious the way he tried to hide it! Also he kept going on about it being an opening and closing one. Have I missed anything, but I thought all umbrella's did that? :giggle:

Hehe yes I saw it, it was hilarious the way he tried to hide it! Also he kept going on about it being an opening and closing one. Have I missed anything, but I thought all umbrella's did that? :giggle:

Exactly!! :giggle: We'd be knackered if they DIDN'T close! Although judging by the look of that demo one........ they don't!

Does anyone agree that Chunters' trews are a tad short with those platform courtshoes?

Jude xx

When I got to the counter & handed over the bags the guy on the desk smiled & said ''QVC eh . They seem to upset an awful lot of people now''.

We are not alone in our disillusion over this lot. :mysmilie_486:[/QUOTE]

They have upset me today , so I am going to send something else back I was swithering ove as well as the used item I recieved....and I don't give a stuff if they have my card marked.

Chuntley could buy a few of those Windguard brolleys and do a Simon Biagi - how many pairs of knickers do you reckon she'd get from each brolly? :devil:

It must have happened after I switched over, like you I did once buy a windguard umbrella and I couldn't even hold it up ,never mind against the wind.

Oh I'm so glad somebody else saw that! The umbrella had a suspicious spoke sticking through the material. What a laugh!!

Latest posts

Back