Crystal Renew Microdermabrasion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

432 074

Anyone got this? Is it any good?

I've had microdermabrasion done professionally and I didn't see that it was much different from using Dr Denese scrub at home, so I'd be doubtful about this.

That is helpful Piecan.

I have a couple of brown marks - sunspots? - and I would like to fade or lose them.

I am using White Gold but am getting impatient and thought I could target the marks with microdermabrasion. Sounds as though I would be wasting my money.

That is helpful Piecan.

I have a couple of brown marks - sunspots? - and I would like to fade or lose them.

I am using White Gold but am getting impatient and thought I could target the marks with microdermabrasion. Sounds as though I would be wasting my money.

You might be better off having having glycolic masks like MD ones they do at a beauty salon. I don't really get on with glycolic so am using a Salicylic acid mask from here..
http://www.bravuralondon.co.uk/inde..._id=298&blid=e1f41f969b35abd14a7b8a3fb407b5f6

That is helpful Piecan.

Don't get impatient Tilly: you have to have a care with sunspots; wear an spf moisturiser when out during the day. Targeting them with microdermabrasion would, in my opinion, be too harsh.

That is helpful Piecan.

I've got a few of those on my cheeks. They were really bad last year but this year, I've been dilligent with sunscreen even when indoors! Mine have really started to fade now. I don't use microdermabrasion as I have rosacea but I have been using rosehip oil (thought I had a problem with it but it was something else) and I *think* that is what's helping. They just look like big freckles now - hardly noticable when I have no make-up on. Before they made my face look grubby!!

MUQ can probably tell you how quick Liquid Gold will work but I imagine it will take a few months or so. I dont' think there is any quick fix unless you had a chemical peel - and you have to be super careful after one of those.

Piecan, thanks for the link, it looks interesting and won't break the bank. How are you getting on with the salicylic acid? It looks a wee bit scary.

Mariecat, I take your point about being too harsh on my skin. I hate the brown splodges and just want them gone but, perhaps, microdermabrasion isn't the answer. I always wear a SPF and am using Clientele at the moment and Decleor when the sun shines. Not used too much of that LOL.

Cupcake, The sunspots are a pain aren't they? I have been using Alpha H products for about six months but, although they have made a difference to my skin, I can't say that the marks have faded.

I have never heard of rosehip oil fading the marks but I am always willing to try something new. Do I get it from a chemist?

Thank you to you all for your help and advice.

Piecan, thanks for the link, it looks interesting and won't break the bank. How are you getting on with the salicylic acid? It looks a wee bit scary.

Mariecat, I take your point about being too harsh on my skin. I hate the brown splodges and just want them gone but, perhaps, microdermabrasion isn't the answer. I always wear a SPF and am using Clientele at the moment and Decleor when the sun shines. Not used too much of that LOL.

Cupcake, The sunspots are a pain aren't they? I have been using Alpha H products for about six months but, although they have made a difference to my skin, I can't say that the marks have faded.

I have never heard of rosehip oil fading the marks but I am always willing to try something new. Do I get it from a chemist?

Thank you to you all for your help and advice.

I had two pigment splodges which formed a few years ago. Liquid gold is the only product which really had an effect on them, and I tried a lot! I used it every night for about 3 weeks, then dropped down to every other night after that. I can honestly say that after the first 3 weeks or so I saw a bit of an improvement, and after a few months I saw a big improvement. Over a year later now and I can hardly see them at all. Now I use liquid gold only when my skin needs some help.

The drawback with glycolic and pigmentation though is you have to have good sun protection, otherwise you can make the problem worse. I used proper sunscreen the whole time, not just an spf moisturiser. I used clarins spf40 (nice and light) and topped it up frequently throughout the day. And yes, spf when I was indoors too!

Thanks Philosophy Girl.

It looks as though Liquid Gold is the answer and I have plenty of that. I have been using White Gold on the splodges, not Liquid Gold.

I will attack them nightly for the next three weeks and see what happens. It would be lovely to see them fade!

It's strong but not scary, as long as you follow the instructions and leave for one minute. Really eats into pores. Liquid Gold sounds good stuff, hope it helps.

Hi Piecan,

I will give the Liquid Gold a good try as I have a bottle of the stuff but will certainly think about the salicylic acid if i don't get a result.

Anything to get rid of the splodges!

Latest posts

Back