Jackie Kennedy wearing Tanzanite in 1963??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Seababy

Registered Shopper
Hi,

Can anyone help me with this...... I am a regular viewer of the Jacqueline Kennedy Collection on QVC, but I have on a number of occasions seen Phil Katz bring replica pieces of Tanzanite jewellery that he says were given to JK in 1963. But I know not just from what QVC tells us but from my own research that Tanzanite was not discovereed until 1967. So how come JK had it 4 years earlier??

I thought of quering it with QVC but thought that someone out there may have a plausible answer!!!

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this...... I am a regular viewer of the Jacqueline Kennedy Collection on QVC, but I have on a number of occasions seen Phil Katz bring replica pieces of Tanzanite jewellery that he says were given to JK in 1963. But I know not just from what QVC tells us but from my own research that Tanzanite was not discovereed until 1967. So how come JK had it 4 years earlier??

I thought of quering it with QVC but thought that someone out there may have a plausible answer!!!

Thanks

Don't know if this will help but it is an interesting read: http://www.allbusiness.com/mining-extraction/mines-mining-nonmetallic/13077516-1.html

Hi,

Thanks

They were talking about it last night. When JK got her first pieces of Tanzanite, it was known as Purple Hued Sapphires.
I think that it was given the name Tanzanite a few years later.
Originally they named it Blue Zoisite, but changed it cos they thought it sounded like suicide.
Think I'm right but could be totally wrong.:wonder:

They were talking about it last night. When JK got her first pieces of Tanzanite, it was known as Purple Hued Sapphires.
I think that it was given the name Tanzanite a few years later.
Originally they named it Blue Zoisite, but changed it cos they thought it sounded like suicide.
Think I'm right but could be totally wrong.:wonder:

I heard this too, cos Alison K was waffling on about it being triple A, not the cheaper rubbish at the other end of the tanzy scale. It never fails to amaze me the amount of money spent on her jewellery! Imagine spending four hours in Tiffany's, Mrs Obama would be shamed, amazing how times have changed. Also I wondered why Caroline is withdrawing all the crosses from the range?

woldnt it be fabulous though? FLOUNCING into Tiffany in a massive pair of sunnies and a chanel twinset, demanding that the store is cleared, and then being shown the best of the best, pointing with a bejewelled index finger and saying "i'll take that, and that one ... oh and i ADORE that one, and that.."

or is that just me.....?:happy:

woldnt it be fabulous though? FLOUNCING into Tiffany in a massive pair of sunnies and a chanel twinset, demanding that the store is cleared, and then being shown the best of the best, pointing with a bejewelled index finger and saying "i'll take that, and that one ... oh and i ADORE that one, and that.."

or is that just me.....?:happy:

No, it isn't just you Burlz, that is my dream. Having been there 3 times I can say that I would happily spend 4 days there, never mind 4 hours!!!!!!!:cash::cash::cash::cash:

No, it isn't just you Burlz, that is my dream. Having been there 3 times I can say that I would happily spend 4 days there, never mind 4 hours!!!!!!!:cash::cash::cash::cash:

You are very brave Sharon. I stood with my nose pressed up against the window. I would have been happy with one of their lovely bags.:giggle:

I bet I know why Caroline is withdrawing crosses from the collection. At a guess I expect lots of others know too. I'll leave it to you to consider why.

I bet I know why Caroline is withdrawing crosses from the collection. At a guess I expect lots of others know too. I'll leave it to you to consider why.

am i just thick but iv no idea, so please can you enlighten?:confused:

The Emerald Cross Pendant

am i just thick but iv no idea, so please can you enlighten?:confused:

Well, according to the American chappie, Phil ??, JBK was a very religious person. She had suffered from a miscarriage and a stillbirth before having her daughter and all the time she was pregnant with this baby, even to the time of birth and after, she refused point blank to take off the Emerald pendant.....so that all should be well. Apparently the doctors even taped it to her chest during labour. When we she got home with the baby she removed this pendant and never wore it again.

Hence it is a deeply meaningful piece to Caroline who now feels that it is too personal to be replicated for the general public and has decided that it should no longer be made. HTH :smile:

Did anyone here buy any of the pieces from those three hours?

[/B]

Well, according to the American chappie, Phil ??, JBK was a very religious person. She had suffered from a miscarriage and a stillbirth before having her daughter and all the time she was pregnant with this baby, even to the time of birth and after, she refused point blank to take off the Emerald pendant.....so that all should be well. Apparently the doctors even taped it to her chest during labour. When we she got home with the baby she removed this pendant and never wore it again.

Hence it is a deeply meaningful piece to Caroline who now feels that it is too personal to be replicated for the general public and has decided that it should no longer be made. HTH :smile:

Did anyone here buy any of the pieces from those three hours?

thanks for that Sacha, I hope I'm not being deeply cynical but that was a long time ago - they've sold loads now - it seems odd to make that decision just now......and it's all the crosses not jus this one, of which she had loads.....

thanks for that Sacha, I hope I'm not being deeply cynical but that was a long time ago - they've sold loads now - it seems odd to make that decision just now......and it's all the crosses not jus this one, of which she had loads.....

Hope this doesn't offend. If you google her, sorry can't do the link, she was hoping to be american ambassidor to the vatican, but the pope vetoed it on the grounds of her being pro-choice.

Latest posts

Back