Quality Value and Convinience

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

star234

Guest Shopper
bought a ring to give as a birthday present on Sat. It arrived and I open the package::::

hold your breath:

yes, the ring box was inside

:rock:
BUT:
the darn box was empty:dull::thinking::taphead:

now that is a new one on me
Of shopping to the dreaded highstreet now to buy another present

Oh no doesn't give you much time to get sorted with something else does it.
What have CS had to say about sending empty jewellery boxes ?

:thinking:

That's happened twice to me Star...I really worried the first time that they would not believe me but they dealt with my call in a matter of fact way. The second time I was just cross!

apparently they are going to investigate, I assume someone will get back to me at some stage.
Worse thing is I am not very mobile at the moment, so getting into town is a pain (literally lol), hence buying from the channel that offers value and convinience was a nice idea.
My own fault, should have got more organised weeks ago I suppose

That's happened twice to me Star...I really worried the first time that they would not believe me but they dealt with my call in a matter of fact way. The second time I was just cross!

oh my God. Twice????????????
I really thought they were not going to believe me that the box was empty, but she did seem very matter of fact about it. Just waiting to find out what happens next now

Gosh happening more than once to the same person beggers belief :thinking:
Just makes you wonder on the grand scale, just how much it does happen.

QVC need to think about sales numbers coupled with their ratio that they manage to get perfect, correct and delievered.

Wonder if missing jewellery is to do with it being sent in a plastic bag placed in the box. :thinking:

It's happened to me as well. I didn't think CS would believe me but they sent me the standard form and about 2 weeks later I got a replacement.
I would have preferred an apology and a replacement sent out straight away but I suppose that would be to much to ask.

Both times they asked me if the packages looked as if they had been opened, which they hadn't, and then said they would investigate and sent me a declaration of non-receipt form. No worries either time as they replaced the items I had originally ordered. Never found out what had really happened..just staff carelessness? Or theft?

interesting: I actually had another look at the envelope and have to say I think it has been opened. I Think!
the envelope has been selotaped, QVC does not usually do that - or do they???????
Usually as far as I remember they just use the sealed envelopes and then I open it on the coloured line, but this I had tpo cut open due to the seloptape
Only wondering as you made me think??????!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never had a sellotaped package from them in the 8 years that I've been ordering, and I've had a lot of jewellery in that time. So I think this would be worth mentioning if they send you a form or phone about it.

No never had anything come taped down. I think thats very suspicious & smacks it has been tampered with.

I have had stuff go missing leading up to Christmas other years. I was told once by a friend who is a postman that they employ loads of extra staff for the Christmas rush & unfortunately some of them can be light fingered.

I am awaiting on some ear rings at the moment. Bit concerning.

I've had a couple of items "security" checked at the warehouse; opened at random and checked the contents are correct and in good order, these are resealed with blue tape with SECURITY repeated across it.

I've also had a couple of packets sellotaped but thought nothing of it at the time. Now I'm thinking the contents must has seriously disappointed the would-be thief cos the contents arrived just as expected!

I've had empty boxes and also once received only the envelope with invoice but without the Elemis TSV attached. They sorted out the refunds eventually.

Jude xx

I've had a couple of items "security" checked at the warehouse; opened at random and checked the contents are correct and in good order, these are resealed with blue tape with SECURITY repeated across it.

I've also had a couple of packets sellotaped but thought nothing of it at the time. Now I'm thinking the contents must has seriously disappointed the would-be thief cos the contents arrived just as expected!

I've had empty boxes and also once received only the envelope with invoice but without the Elemis TSV attached. They sorted out the refunds eventually.

Jude xx

But of course it is NEVER their fault :taphead:

Jewelery item has just arrived.

Package half opened. My postman who I have known for over 15 years was very concerned & asked me to check. Item had clearly been tampered with. It was a pair of silver eeek ear rings for my daughter that she wants for Christmas. Clearly not to the proposed thiefs liking fortunately.

I have rung QVC & she said she will report it to packaging.

Jewelery item has just arrived.

Package half opened. My postman who I have known for over 15 years was very concerned & asked me to check. Item had clearly been tampered with. It was a pair of silver eeek ear rings for my daughter that she wants for Christmas. Clearly not to the proposed thiefs liking fortunately.

I have rung QVC & she said she will report it to packaging.

this is what worries me about the whole thing: who gets the blame? I would HATE for anyone to be accused without proof. Just recieved another order from QVC and you guys are right: there is no sellotape invovled. Now I am seriously suspicious. Worth mentioning: the ring I recieved today was more expensive as it is for me, then the one I took which was meant to be a present (yep: I am a cheapskate :tongue:)

Latest posts

Back